Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Looks interesting , nice drip tip too, he likes the sound of his own voice an talking fast, looks similar deck/ posts to hussar , 2 tank sizes , hope its not a press fit base hate them in the long run tend to all leak,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Press fit is a tank killer IMO.

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    Press fit is a tank killer IMO.
    Same here had a few good tanks that ended up shelfed due to press fit its a big No No for me , now no need for it Orings and removable replacable Airflow ring is much easier to to combat press fittings

green.on.green

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2013
    India
    So I have been looking for listings for the Berserker , and it's mostly just pre-order links everywhere at this stage.

However, I make quite a few purchases from sourcemore.com and I notified them yesterday to check if they can arrange a pre order for the Berserker as well.

Within a day it's listed on sourcemore :)

However , all pre-orders seem to be priced at $44.99 except this website called vaporl .. vaporl seems to be taking pre-orders at $28.50 but looking at reviews on their Facebook they seem to not be such a great vendor.

Vandy Vape Berserker MTL RTA Tank-2/4.5ml

The price is tempting on vaporl but not feeling too confident about them .

I suppose Vandy Vape has priced the Berserker at $44.99

Sourcemore & elgomall seem to have it listed :

Vandy Vape Berserker MTL RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer with 2ml/4.5ml Capacity-Stainless Steel

Vandy Vape Berserker MTL RTA -Elegomall

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Sorry I haven't heard the term before. What do you mean by press fit?

Definition of press fit. : the fit of a shaft driven into a hole slightly smaller than itself and held tight and motionless

green.on.green

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2013
    India
    That rather high for a china tank, normally $30-$35, so lets hope the price tag is worth it, if it works as good as it looks it should do, then won't mind paying that.
    I was just looking, seems the listed price for a lot of Vandy Vape atties are above $40

Though sites such as gearbest, fasttech etc land up offering one at a much lower price eventually. Probably why vaporl has it listed at $29

If you look around for the Kylin RTA or govad RTA , you ll see what I mean. Some websites are able to offer a much better price than others.

I think it ll be clearer once it's widely listed on multiple websites

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2010
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    I like seeing more MTL RTAs as well. But, I now have so many I'm pretty selective about getting anymore. What is the standout feature of this one above the ones that are already out there? One thing I'm looking for now is a MTL RTA that delivers tight, diffuse airflow to the coil.

I find that a single narrow hole right below the coil just doesn't cool a spaced TC coil very well for MTL purposes. What I feel is needed is something more like the "3-dimensional" type airflow I've seen on a few newer sub-ohm RTAs.

The Digiflavor Siren MTL has something like this, in that a diffusing airflow cap can be added for a tighter MTL style draw. The airflow cap (or whatever it is called) has several very small airflow holes in it, which help spread out the air over more of the coil, but keeps the draw appropriately tight for mouth-to-lung use.

Unfortunately, though the Digiflavor Siren MTL RTAs have many good things (such as the above feature) going for them, they tend to leak, so I had to set mine aside.

Hopefully a version 2 is coming out that will help resolve that issue. I saw a pic of a V2 prototype somewhere that had a different type of diffused airflow below the coil. That consisted more of something like one or two (or three?) very narrow slots, running the length of where your coil would sit, which I think would also work well.

The Berserker MTL RTA may not have an airflow diffuser, but I do like the shape of the bell cap, the look of the drip tip mouthpiece that comes with it, and the look of the tank in general. It also looks like it has a fairly easy deck to build on, and can also easily be switched from a 2ml to a 4.5ml juice capacity version. All for just under $30. That's all very well, but still not enough reason for me to buy one. I'd have to see a lot more reviews, in English, before I took the plunge on one.

I bought a 24mm Cthulhu MTL RTA not too long ago. The thing has some kind of internal short/connection issue I've never been able to figure out. The atomizer never shows as present on any of my devices, so I've never been able to fire it. It was fairly cheap though, so no major loss. There wasn't anything particularly outstanding looking about the design anyway, though it was well reviewed for flavor.

For now I just typically vape on an Augvape Merlin with a MTL airflow adapter. It isn't perfect, but it has a velocity deck that works pretty well, has a trouble free top fill design, and leak issues are minimal. I've got some older Kayfun Mini V3s I use once and awhile too, but they have half the juice capacity of my Merlins. The only other MTL RTA that I was initially seriously impressed by was that Digiflavor Siren MTL RTA. The build was easy, the flavor was great, great juice capacity, easy fill, no dry hit issues, but...too many leaks. Oh, well.

I look forward to seeing more reviews on this Berserker MTL RTA. I've yet to see any, but it looks like this tank is still in pre-order status, so it might take awhile.

green.on.green

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2013
    India
    I like seeing more MTL RTAs as well. But, I now have so many I'm pretty selective about getting anymore. What is the standout feature of this one above the ones that are already out there? One thing I'm looking for now is a MTL RTA that delivers tight, diffuse airflow to the coil.

I find that a single narrow hole right below the coil just doesn't cool a spaced TC coil very well for MTL purposes. What I feel is needed is something more like the "3-dimensional" type airflow I've seen on a few newer sub-ohm RTAs.

The Digiflavor Siren MTL has something like this, in that a diffusing airflow cap can be added for a tighter MTL style draw. The airflow cap (or whatever it is called) has several very small airflow holes in it, which help spread out the air over more of the coil, but keeps the draw appropriately tight for mouth-to-lung use.

Unfortunately, though the Digiflavor Siren MTL RTAs have many good things (such as the above feature) going for them, they tend to leak, so I had to set mine aside.

Hopefully a version 2 is coming out that will help resolve that issue. I saw a pic of a V2 prototype somewhere that had a different type of diffused airflow below the coil. That consisted more of something like one or two (or three?) very narrow slots, running the length of where your coil would sit, which I think would also work well.

The Berserker MTL RTA may not have an airflow diffuser, but I do like the shape of the bell cap, the look of the drip tip mouthpiece that comes with it, and the look of the tank in general. It also looks like it has a fairly easy deck to build on, and can also easily be switched from a 2ml to a 4.5ml juice capacity version. All for just under $30. That's all very well, but still not enough reason for me to buy one. I'd have to see a lot more reviews, in English, before I took the plunge on one.

I bought a 24mm Cthulhu MTL RTA not too long ago. The thing has some kind of internal short/connection issue I've never been able to figure out. The atomizer never shows as present on any of my devices, so I've never been able to fire it. It was fairly cheap though, so no major loss. There wasn't anything particularly outstanding looking about the design anyway, though it was well reviewed for flavor.

For now I just typically vape on an Augvape Merlin with a MTL airflow adapter. It isn't perfect, but it has a velocity deck that works pretty well, has a trouble free top fill design, and leak issues are minimal. I've got some older Kayfun Mini V3s I use once and awhile too, but they have half the juice capacity of my Merlins. The only other MTL RTA that I was initially seriously impressed by was that Digiflavor Siren MTL RTA. The build was easy, the flavor was great, great juice capacity, easy fill, no dry hit issues, but...too many leaks. Oh, well.

I look forward to seeing more reviews on this Berserker MTL RTA. I've yet to see any, but it looks like this tank is still in pre-order status, so it might take awhile.
    I am in the same boat & like you will only buy the Berserker after checking out more reviews ( in English )..

Though I have had a good luck with the Siren ( I have 2 in rotation & one still in the box for future use ). I have had an occasional leak now and again, I simply open it up > clean it > and make a new build.

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016

Try the Hussar RTA clone by Coppervapes , DTL/ MTL via changing the Airflow pin 2mm -1.3mm

Or

Ultron E motion rta> Clone 2f deals <

Or

Skyline RTA clone , Coppervapes or SXK Skyline version RTA , good for DTL /MTL via Airflow disks

Or

SRV4 mini RTA with A nano MTL kit works great too
    All work dam well

These are clones of high end RTA,s and generally are quite well made at 15-20usd
    a dam lot less than the
    100-200 Euro authentic versions

Be keeping an eye out on Reviews foe this like the looks the deck , but wait an see if everything holds up well

VaPreis

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    I ordered this one this morning from "VaporL". Never heard of them, but they took PayPal so I felt good enough about it. MTL is right up my alley and I like the size and capacity. I haven't ordered or been interested in a new tank since I got my Merlins over a year ago.

I watched the Russian video, and it is not a "press fit" tank in the sense that seals are holding the assembly of the tank together. The base screws to the chimney, the chimney screws to the base of the top cap.

The downside I see, is that if you're not lucky enough to get the build deck to unscrew from the chimney without the chimney unscrewing from the top cap, complete disassembly will be required to build or re-wick. It appears there's some sort of screw that secures the chimney to the top cap, so maybe it's a non-issue?

green.on.green

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2013
    India
    9c6cc79a8b92787eb8846870b6ac648e.jpg

Found an image of the actual tank in use on reddit

tazzle

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    Athens, Greece
    cvapor.com has it listed for $44.99, but with coupon code ("Berserker") it comes out to $27.20. ETA is September 15. I don't know if the coupon is limited-time, or will remain after their summer sale. I have ordered from cvapor before, and had no trouble, but I'm not sure if I will do a pre-order. I've been unlucky with preorders at other places. Pondering.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    That tank looks even more fantastic in the photo (maybe it's the coffee sitting next to it) :) I am on a self-imposed waiting period for buying anything but coils and batts, so I will wait to hear how people like it.... :)

Anna

You're right, it does look like a beauty! I don't really vape mtl all that often, but for those times this looks like a great addition to the collection.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I really want this tank ASAP, but not going to do a pre-order, played that game before, you pre-order somewhere and they don't get on the 1st shipment, so everyone else is getting their's and you're still waiting for yours to be shipped, but sucks that more than likely, will only be able to order from China site, so probably be waiting a month at least whatever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread