Vandy Vape BERSERKER (24mm) MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
I couldn't vape without the flavor. Why vape without some flavor?
Personal preference obviously. A broader reason might be health concerns. Most flavored juices gunk up wick and wire pretty quickly. Unflavored setups stay clean like forever. Good for the lazy folks as well.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
5. The Ultem tank & the 2 drip tips seem to retain the smell & taste of a potent eliquid, even after a few good baths & 6-7 tanks of various eliquids going through it. So make sure you vape eliquids you don't mind smelling & tasting for awhile later. (Anyone had any success with removal in that regard? If yes, please share with me what worked for you.) :)
Had the same issue with one given to me. I washed with warm water, didn't do much. Washed twice with 1 part vinegar/2 part distilled water, rinse, then baking soda/distilled water. That helped. I didn't have any vodka, but I do now. I haven't washed it in vodka yet though. After about 5 tank fills the old juice flavor was still there, but after increasing nic level and running about 5 tank fills it's just about gone.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
So, i've got the wicking down and it's performing great (albeit the wicks turn black pretty fast on all different kinds of juice). I'm still having the leaking issue, coming right from the bottom and not out of the airflow holes. I only bottom fill... it's getting pretty annoying. Can there be any missing o-rings? The one for the bottom of the glass is there..
Have you removed the 510 pin and checked to see if the center post is tight?

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
No, i haven't. How would i go about doing that? This is my first RTA, so still learning quite a bit. If i take it out will the tank leak while it's full?
Close airflow, turn tank upside down, unscrew and remove Gold 510 pin. Under that is the post with slot for screw driver. Make sure it tight and screw the 510 pin back in making sure it's tight. Don't over tighten either. The center post is holding down one of your post to the deck. If it's loose, juice can enter there.

Start watching PBusardo's review at 15:44 to see what I'm talking about. Not likely or common, but possible. When mine was given to me it was a little loose for my liking.

ravynn

Oct 24, 2015
Canada
Close airflow, turn tank upside down, unscrew and remove Gold 510 pin. Under that is the post with slot for screw driver. Make sure it tight and screw the 510 pin back in making sure it's tight. Don't over tighten either. The center post is holding down one of your post to the deck. If it's loose, juice can enter there.

Thank you! I'll check in a bit. Will report back.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Thank you! I'll check in a bit. Will report back.
I should have also mentioned the 510 pin on the Zerk is adjustable. Meaning, you don't have to tighten that down real tight. In fact, if you tighten it down too tight, next time you remove it you may remove both the 510 pin and the post. I'm sorry I didn't mention that earlier.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Well, I've been using my newly acquired Berserker 24mm tank for about 36 hours now, & after refilling it at least 6-7 times...I'm still absolutely loving everything about how it vapes. Have only used 1 of my beloved KFL shorty tanks for about an hour!

I've discovered a few things about it, too, & indirectly had some things clarified that I wondered about. :)

1. Replacements for the 2 o-rings at the top & bottom of the tank sections just can't be found anywhere online. There are discussions on that on FT, & several others popped up on a Google search for them. One of those led me to p. 44 of this thread. So I started reading from there...up to where I'd posted Thursday night.

2. My tank was not liked at all by its previous owner, as it was the cause of much frustration & most likely many "not-so-nice" words being yelled at it. :D

3. Because of its bad behavior, it spent some time in "time out" in the trash, at least twice. But thankfully it was rescued so it could find a new home with someone like me...who would absolutely love it. :)

4. Berserkers will leak like crazy if/when there's no bottom o-ring, under the tank. But, luckily the black o-ring for the bottom works just as well. :thumbs:

5. The Ultem tank & the 2 drip tips seem to retain the smell & taste of a potent eliquid, even after a few good baths & 6-7 tanks of various eliquids going through it. So make sure you vape eliquids you don't mind smelling & tasting for awhile later. (Anyone had any success with removal in that regard? If yes, please share with me what worked for you.) :)

6. Using the 2mL tank, my eliquid refills last a lot longer than other 2mL tanks I have. I love it that I can chain vape for a really good period of time before a refill is needed. I don't know why there's such a difference though, when I'm vaping at the same wattage, with the same coils, wicking material, and eliquid...as I use for the other tanks. But I definitely like needing to do fewer refills! :thumbs:

7. When everything's going great with your Berserker, it's easy to love it! So much so, that when a vendor has them for $21.99, (& you just happen to be sittin' on some Christmas money you were gifted)...you jump on that deal & buy 6 more to keep your first 1 company! OH...and to have some extra o-rings, too, of course.
:D

I really liked reading your post JC. I found it very informative and concise. Thank You for that.:thumbs:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I Have found that if your coil is too close to the air port (under the coil) then juice can, and will, drip juice down onto and into that air port under the coil. I usually place my coil no closer than 1mm above that air port as a rule, but on my Berserker I go 1.5mm just to be safe, due to the fact I use 80 PG/20 VG.

I have also found that if there are any stray threads of wick touching that same air port, then juice will travel down the stray thread and into that air port. I have had that happen with my Siren V1's, so I am very mindful of the same thing happening to any other RTA I use.

Please make sure that that bottom o-ring is in good condition and is truly in place. I say that because with certain juices, it will turn Clear when you have a full tank, and is almost invisible, and depending on the fit of the Glass to Base you might have either a very slow leak, or a fast leak, and won't know where that leak is coming from until you take the base off (unscrew it) and try to take that o-ring out and discover that there is not one in sight.

Hope this helps. Please re-read JC's post, as that one covers alot of good points, all in one post.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I received my Gold Berserker yesterday in the mail, and Boy Howdy is that thing Purtty.

Lucky you having yours already! I can't wait to get mine, too! I've wanted a pretty gold tank for a long time, but didn't want any of the Tritons or others I'd found. Maybe I just needed to wait until I found a tank I knew I really liked...which is the Berserker!
:banana:

If it's as pretty as it looks in pictures, and as you say it is...maybe I'll have to get a Berserker Mini in gold, too, so I can use it on my Gold Zenkote Provari! The 24mm just won't cut it on a Provari.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Such a great deal, but I need the 22mm version I can't find it for under 45$ anywhere but I still might get it

I'm all for finding deals, too, before I buy something I want. I know I've seen the 22mm Mini for quite a bit less than $45 several places. I'll check my history and see if I can find them again. Will post it here then.

ravynn

Oct 24, 2015
Canada
I wanted to report back that i cleaned the entire tank and this time i cut the wick to the outer base of the deck. I was cutting it to the outer juice wells. The bottom of the tank has been bone dry. :thumbs: I also switched to the black o-rings since mentioned above, i can barely notice the clear bottom one so i probably would of lost it.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
FT carries them, too. Regular price is $44.99 for any color, but if you use the coupon code MAP...the SS comes down to $26.09 and the Gold comes down to $27.39. Those are the only 2 colors I tried, but the others will be similar. The SS and Gold say they'll ship in 7 days, and S/H is free.

You can see all the Berserkers they have, including replacement stuff for them, too, on this page:

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I wish someone would put replacement o-rings up for sale though. Digiflavor did the same with the Siren V1, they put up replacement stuff but never the o-rings, and we all had to look around for something suitable that would work.

BTW. Nice find JC, Thanks.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
FT carries them, too. Regular price is $44.99 for any color, but if you use the coupon code MAP...the SS comes down to $26.09 and the Gold comes down to $27.39. Those are the only 2 colors I tried, but the others will be similar. The SS and Gold say they'll ship in 7 days, and S/H is free.

You can see all the Berserkers they have, including replacement stuff for them, too, on this page:

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics
Yes that works out even better!!! and Fasttech is where I'd get it.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I got my Bronze P80 in today, so here are some pic's of my P80 and Gold Berserker together;

This pic is under incandescent lighting
P1010369 (Large)ecf.JPG

From here on is under LED lighting
P1010370 (Large)ecf.JPG
P1010375 (Large)ecf.JPG
P1010376 (Large)ecf.JPG
I still need to load ArcticFox firmware onto my P80 before I use it though, and of course, my Berserker is in Shorty mode still, but I might just leave it that way as I think it looks kind of Cool on that Bronze P80 like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread