Vandy Vape BERSERKER (24mm) MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droz

Feb 18, 2017
Just wanted to say hey! I’ve been lurking around here for a little while. Just got the berserker yesterday and wicked it up and to my suprised no leaking. I’m using a stock coil anywhere from 12-16 Watts. Trying to find my sweet spot. The flavor seems a little muted..trying to figure out how to fix that. Going to wrap some coils tonight I think. I started vaping about 8 months ago direct to lung and it just wasn’t doing it for me. This MTL really scratched the itch!

If you're using the stock coils, you're going to need to jack up the power - they're claptons, right?

You may have wicked it correctly, but possibly aren't giving the coils enough power...

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I really can't believe how much I love this thing. I don't even want to touch any of my other tanks now. And I apparently nailed the build on my first try - no leaking and not a gurgle after 2 refills. I have been flipping it upside down to tighten the top as a preemptive measure.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I really can't believe how much I love this thing. I don't even want to touch any of my other tanks now.

That's exactly how I feel about mine, too! Have used only 1 of my little KFL+ V2 "shorty" tanks (for 2 years my favorite tanks), for maybe a total of 3 hours, in the 3 weeks since starting to use a Berserker.

I also made a discovery just this AM about the 24mm Berserker. It fits great on a Coolfire IV mod! Those are some of my favorites, so it's time to bring out a new one or 2 from my stash and another Berserker tank, too. :thumbs:

tscc85

Feb 6, 2018
If you're using the stock coils, you're going to need to jack up the power - they're claptons, right?

You may have wicked it correctly, but possibly aren't giving the coils enough power...
Thanks for the reply. I ended up wrapping a new coil for it. 3ø, 26g, 8 wraps, and ohming at 1.3. It’s slightly more flavorful at 16 Watts. I may try a spaced version tomorrow and see how that goes. I also may have vape tongue because I haven’t been able to put this setup down!

tscc85

Feb 6, 2018
I really can't believe how much I love this thing. I don't even want to touch any of my other tanks now. And I apparently nailed the build on my first try - no leaking and not a gurgle after 2 refills. I have been flipping it upside down to tighten the top as a preemptive measure.
It’s truly an awesome little tank. It’s my first MTL. I started vaping DTL at like 80 Watts and clouds bro clouds but it really wasn’t for me. This tank really takes my cig cravings away.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
That's where I got my vapocolypse stash of them. Ordered them late one Thursday night and got them on Monday. I'm surprised they still have any left, since so many of us ordered some about 3 weeks ago. Now, if FT will just get going with shipping my Minis...I'll be all set with Zerkers! :thumbs:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just set my daughter up with her first Berserker (Black) and showed her how to do a build and wick. She liked it so much that she had me order another one from Eightvape while they were still on sale, a Rainbow colored one this time. She is coming from a Tron-S, and noticed a flavor jump right away. I put on a 2.5mm, 6 wrap, 28g Kanthal spaced coil with KGD wick @ 1.15Ω and at 8.5 watts on the biggest air hole.:thumbs:

tscc85

Feb 6, 2018
I just set my daughter up with her first Berserker (Black) and showed her how to do a build and wick. She liked it so much that she had me order another one from Eightvape while they were still on sale, a Rainbow colored one this time. She is coming from a Tron-S, and noticed a flavor jump right away. I put on a 2.5mm, 6 wrap, 28g Kanthal spaced coil with KGD wick @ 1.15Ω and at 8.5 watts on the biggest air hole.:thumbs:
Hell yeah! That’s where I got mine from as well. I’m going to try some 28 tomorrow and see if my flavor gets better!

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I don't know who came up with the idea of sticking a toothpick in the air hole to stop gurgling when refilling, but it is working for me, pulled out my silver in full size mode a few days ago, which before has always gurgled/leaked when refilling. Now done 5 fills, stuck tooth pick in air hole and turned upside down when tightening top cap, and been no gurgle at all :)

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Do you use a "spaced" coil ?? I did a little test about a year or year and a half ago with my coils. I made a "contact" and a "spaced" coil with the same wraps and about the same resistance, then put both in identical Atties (Lemo V1's) and wicked then both the same with KGD, set them to the same wattage and vaped both with the same juice. The only real difference I noticed is that the "spaced" coil gave me more flavor (nothing earth shattering mind you, but enough to notice) and also gunked up slower than the "contact" coil did. I was using 28g Kanthal single wire 6-8 wraps, I don't remember how many after this long, but I want to say 8 wraps as that was what I usually ran back then, now I use 6 wraps with 28g Kanthal. So a 6 wrap, spaced, 28g Kanthal single wire coil is my go to build, and KGD is what I use for wicking more often than not.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2012
    B'more MD
    FINALLY! After many, many tries with the wicking... It's been sometimey with wicking... sometimey it worked... sometimey it don't. :laugh:

I FINALLY can enjoy my Berserker!! NO gurgle and it's very quiet! :banana:

I've been closing the AFC before refilling and turn it upside down before opening. Works every time!

Oh by the way... Hi Everyone! :)

Can someone tell me where they got the bubble tanks and what size?

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    FINALLY! After many, many tries with the wicking... It's been sometimey with wicking... sometimey it worked... sometimey it don't. :laugh:

I FINALLY can enjoy my Berserker!! NO gurgle and it's very quiet! :banana:

I've been closing the AFC before refilling and turn it upside down before opening. Works every time!

Oh by the way... Hi Everyone! :)

Can someone tell me where they got the bubble tanks and what size?
    Here, $1.92 Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for Vandy Vape Berserker MTL Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread