Metro ATL
Here's how I buy extra o-rings for my vape gear;

This for the VandyVape Berserker;

5x1mm- for top of Chimney/Atomizer Chamber
Metric Buna O-rings 5 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs

6x1mm- for Drip Tip
Metric Buna O-rings 6 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs

Hope this helps

I know that those are a lot of o-rings in a pack, but, at about $2 to $2.50 per pack it's not expensive, and all your other atomizers use some of the same sizes. I have MOST of the sizes from 1x1mm up to 20x1mm, and from 2x1.5mm up to 20x1.5mm, also some select sizes in 2mm thickness, such as 3x2mm up to 7x2mm. That's a lot of o-rings, but some of my gear came with all cheap o-rings installed (those red o-rings are just plain crap), so I was glad I had enough spares to completely re-ring whatever I needed to.
52- Dude, I've tried that site and get so confused when I go there! I know you have a KM3 now - can you tell me which Oring this one is? I'd be eternally grateful, as it's the one that wears out most often, and I can't seem to find it on the oring sites. The one you showed is listed on the site as a 5 (is the number ID or OD?), but id is 5 and od is 7, and CS is only 1, so it doesn't compute with me. I don't know whether I'm looking for a 5 or 7? And I can't even find a 7 in the same ring you show....:confused::yawn::unsure::blink::censored: I'm just not smart enough to shop for o-rings, I guess!
upload_2018-2-22_14-58-28.png

Reactions: stols001

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
@Brewdawg1181
I have been on this site buying Orings for 1½ to 2 years, and have to re-learn it all over again with each time I get on there, so don't feel bad (I was thinking that it was me that was a bit Simple minded).

I found these that you have on your list;
The size is usually listed as ID (inside diameter) x CS (cross section, or thickness), Example; a 7x1 is a 7mm ID x 1mm CS (This might also help you in understanding better) Sizing Orings

#9 is a 9x1
Metric Buna O-rings 9 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs

#10 is a 7x1 (the one you have marked in Red)
Metric Buna O-rings 7 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs

#16 and #18 are a 15x1.5
Metric Buna O-rings 15 x 1.5mm Price for 50 pcs

#20 looks like a 5x1.5
Metric Buna O-rings 5 x 1.5mm Price for 50 pcs

When you go to Orings and More | Affordable and Quality Gaskets and Seals looking for o-rings, here's how I navigate to find what I want.

When you get on site, look to the left side list of different o-ring types, go down that list till you see "Metric Buna Nitrile Orings" and you will see a downward pointing arrow to the right of that Oring listing. Click on it, it is a drop down menu (these are the Orings that I always use). Once you click the arrow, all kinds of CS (cross section, or Oring thickness) sizes will cascade down, from .66mm to 10mm. Pick the CS that you want and click on it (say for example 1mm CS), now you are in the 1mm thickness menu, where only 1mm thickness Orings will appear, start at 1x1mm Oring and go to the bottom where you can go to page #2 and so on till you find the Oring you want and click on that. I really like that site because they also accept PayPal. Give it a try and tell me how it goes.

Edit; Can you put up your whole Oring list for the V3 mini, as I didn't get one in my Clone package.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
@Brewdawg1181
I have been on this site buying Orings for 1½ to 2 years, and have to re-learn it all over again with each time I get on there, so don't feel bad (I was thinking that it was me that was a bit Simple minded).

I found these that you have on your list;
The size is usually listed as ID (inside diameter) x CS (cross section, or thickness), Example; a 7x1 is a 7mm ID x 1mm CS (This might also help you in understanding better) Sizing Orings

#9 is a 9x1
Metric Buna O-rings 9 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs

#10 is a 7x1 (the one you have marked in Red)
Metric Buna O-rings 7 x 1mm Price for 50 pcs

#16 and #18 are a 15x1.5
Metric Buna O-rings 15 x 1.5mm Price for 50 pcs

#20 looks like a 5x1.5
Metric Buna O-rings 5 x 1.5mm Price for 50 pcs

When you go to Orings and More | Affordable and Quality Gaskets and Seals looking for o-rings, here's how I navigate to find what I want.

When you get on site, look to the left side list of different o-ring types, go down that list till you see "Metric Buna Nitrile Orings" and you will see a downward pointing arrow to the right of that Oring listing. Click on it, it is a drop down menu (these are the Orings that I always use). Once you click the arrow, all kinds of CS (cross section, or Oring thickness) sizes will cascade down, from .66mm to 10mm. Pick the CS that you want and click on it (say for example 1mm CS), now you are in the 1mm thickness menu, where only 1mm thickness Orings will appear, start at 1x1mm Oring and go to the bottom where you can go to page #2 and so on till you find the Oring you want and click on that. I really like that site because they also accept PayPal. Give it a try and tell me how it goes.

Edit; Can you put up your whole Oring list for the V3 mini, as I didn't get one in my Clone package.
Dude, you're freakin' awesome! I found the type before, but totally missed the down arrow function. That's the key I was missing. Thanks for doing all this work for me! Somebody ought to make it a sticky somewhere, because if this was in the right place, I'm sure it'd help a lot of people. I'd been to a few oring sites, and apparently none of them have done an update since AOL was the big thing, and we were getting their discs in the mail, newspapers, cereal boxes, etc. :)
Really appreciate this, and it's gonna likely save a few old Kayfuns! Last time I was ready to order an accessory kit, I'd refused to pay $7+ for shipping on a $3 item.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
AOL :lol::lol::lol: Ya might be right though, as some of those sites are pretty arcane looking. I remember getting those 3 ½" disks in the mail, stuck to my newspaper, in magazines. I used to use them as coasters for on my end table, to sit my Cold Soda on so it wouldn't leave marks on the wood.

Glad I was able to help dawg.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
@Brewdawg1181

Oops, missed your edit.
Least I could do. It didn't come with the tank, I dug it out from somewhere in an old thread and saved it, I believe. But the #10 is the only one I've had to replace. I think it, and the #9 are the only ones really subject to real wear, from unscrewing the top from the deck, adjusting the JFC & rebuilding.

Edit: Don't ask me what a sergment is!
upload_2018-2-22_23-13-1.png

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thanks dawg. It looks like I have all those Orings already in my stock, so am in good shape. Thanks again.:thumbs:

Almost forgot, I bookmarked that post for future use.
Yeah, I had to save yours, too.
So when I place an order, it's hardly worth ordering just one size. What other sizes do you find most common among other tanks? Or is there even any commonality?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think there may be SOME commonality, but not much. I wouldn't even know where to start to direct you, honestly. A member-- somewhere-- may have compiled one of those oh so handy lists, but I haven't seen one. Good luck! Honestly, it sometimes seems like even if the dimensions are correct, it may not quite fit, for reasons unknown...

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yeah, I had to save yours, too.
So when I place an order, it's hardly worth ordering just one size. What other sizes do you find most common among other tanks? Or is there even any commonality?

That's a good question dawg. Over the last year I have ordered sizes from 1x1 to 20x1, and 2x1.5 to 20x1.5, plus from 2x2 up to 6x2. Also have got some odd ball ones like 5x1.2 and 6x1.2 and 7x1.3 and a few others like that for drip tips. I have the Taifun GTv2 which takes some large Orings like 18x1 and 19x1, some 23, 24, and 25mm atomizers which take the larger Orings (up to 20x1), as well as some smaller atomizers like 16mm and up, so I need a vast array of sizes as some of those didn't even come with a spares baggie at all (or had those cheapie Red Orings installed that wear out after only a couple of uses). Take a 510 style drip tip, it could use a 5x1, 6x1, 7x1 or 5x1.5, 6x1.5, or a 7x1.5, and some even use a 5x2 or 6x2 Oring, it all matters on the Oring groove depth and width. Common Orings ?? I really am not sure on that, depending on what type of atomizer's you like, say a KayFun or a Taifun will use similar sizes for example (16x1 up to 19x1). The 1x1 or 2x1 (I can't remember which) could be for the inside of the 510 male end of the atomizer as a seal for the 510 pin or screw like the Taifun's use. The sizes are really all over the board. I bought a few different sizes at a time for over a year. Inside diameter and Oring thickness are what you want to know for this application that we use. I use a 3 vertical drawer plastic bin for all my Oring bags, and put all the 1mm thickness in the top drawer, the 1.5mm thickness in the next, and the 2mm thickness in the third drawer along with all the oddball sizes there too.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I use a 3 vertical drawer plastic bin for all my Oring bags, and put all the 1mm thickness in the top drawer, the 1.5mm thickness in the next, and the 2mm thickness in the third drawer along with all the oddball sizes there too.
Excellent idea! Thank you!

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, I think it vapes better in the smaller configuration by a wide margin. Also, topfills are easy, no gurgling or spitting. It is such an unthirsty tank, though, that I really don't mind the extra filling now and then. The vape is better, in my opinion, it's more immediate, and I did try both configurations.

I don't have a mini, so I don't know how the 22 mm version compares, as far as draw. But I definitely prefer my Berserker when it's short.

Anna

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Yes, I think it vapes better in the smaller configuration by a wide margin. Also, topfills are easy, no gurgling or spitting. It is such an unthirsty tank, though, that I really don't mind the extra filling now and then. The vape is better, in my opinion, it's more immediate, and I did try both configurations.

I don't have a mini, so I don't know how the 22 mm version compares, as far as draw. But I definitely prefer my Berserker when it's short.

Anna
What PG/VG ratio do you use?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I use about 8% PG (flavorings) and can't use much more than that, due to the fact that I am PG sensitive. I use 90%VG and 10% distilled water. I've started mixing with PEG400, mainly in the hopes that I can cut down on clouds, but I haven't tried those mixes yet. I haven't found wicking issues or anything of the sort, but I've been dealing with this mix for a while now, and know how to keep my coils nicely wicked. It will be interesting to see what changes with a thinner mix, but since I steep for a month and have plenty of flavorings that I use at that percentage to go through before I try it. Should be interesting, but I guess I'll see. IDK if a thinner juice would work better with this setup (it's a very tight draw for me, and I wonder if it might be easier with a thinner liquid, so I will be interested to find out what, if anything changes. I think this tank can probably handle a higher P-whatever just fine, though. It is a MTL tank, so when I vape what I vape, I am pretty much fighting to stay wicked, although I will say it's been absolutely fine for me with my mixes, but I am used to having to deal with it....

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: 52anddone

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I use about 8% PG (flavorings) and can't use much more than that, due to the fact that I am PG sensitive. I use 90%VG and 10% distilled water. I've started mixing with PEG400, mainly in the hopes that I can cut down on clouds, but I haven't tried those mixes yet. I haven't found wicking issues or anything of the sort, but I've been dealing with this mix for a while now, and know how to keep my coils nicely wicked. It will be interesting to see what changes with a thinner mix, but since I steep for a month and have plenty of flavorings that I use at that percentage to go through before I try it. Should be interesting, but I guess I'll see. IDK if a thinner juice would work better with this setup (it's a very tight draw for me, and I wonder if it might be easier with a thinner liquid, so I will be interested to find out what, if anything changes. I think this tank can probably handle a higher P-whatever just fine, though. It is a MTL tank, so when I vape what I vape, I am pretty much fighting to stay wicked, although I will say it's been absolutely fine for me with my mixes, but I am used to having to deal with it....

Anna
I think that's what helps you get no gurgling in your Berserker and allows you to top fill. I can't top fill because my liquids are very thin. I use 80% and 90% PG liquids.

The thickness of our liquids make a big difference in how these tanks perform in many ways.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I just finally received 3 of the 5 Berserker minis that I ordered, in Saturday's mail. On the 1 that I've opened and am using so far...I've discovered that the 5 different AF holes are NOT the same sizes as those on the 24mm Berserker. They are smaller, so I have to set the AFC ring to a different hole on the Mini, than I was using on the 24mm, to achieve the same draw.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
That is very interesting to hear JC. If smaller, then the draw might be too tight for even me, I like the 3rd hole from the smallest on my 24mm's. The experience with the 22mm Berserker sounds like it might be a similar draw as using a small straw with a McDonald's Milk Shake.;)

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread