Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
TThe experience with the 22mm Berserker sounds like it might be a similar draw as using a small straw with a McDonald's Milk Shake.;)
And thank goodness for that :) I've been waiting 2 years for a true, tight draw MTL rta to come out!

I use my mini on the smallest or 2nd smallest hole on the AFC depending on my mood and it is perfection for a tight draw lover!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I know that those are a lot of o-rings in a pack
I'm late to the party... as usual:facepalm:. But, if you want smaller pack quantities; I've had good luck shopping with these guys: The O-Ring Store
No minimums, fast shipping, and their shipping rates are reasonable. I have also never caught them in an out-of-stock situation either.:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
That is very interesting to hear JC. If smaller, then the draw might be too tight for even me, I like the 3rd hole from the smallest on my 24mm's.

I probably should have worded my initial post more clearly. Every hole on the 22mm isn't smaller than on the 24mm. It's just that the smallest hole on the 22mm is smaller than the smallest hole on the 24mm. Therefore, as you move to the 2nd hole on the 22mm...that's the size of the smallest hole on the 24mm.

Maybe this will help explain it better. I also use my 24mm Berserkers on the 3rd hole from the smallest. However, to have the same hole size and to give me the same draw on the 22mm Mini...I need to set the ring on it to the 4th hole from the smallest.

I don't know if it's just the Minis I received that start with a smaller hole than on my 24mm ones, but it definitely is smaller. It's very obvious when I compare them. But, it's OK, since I know to just go up 1 hole further when adjusting the AFC ring on my Minis.

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I probably should have worded my initial post more clearly. Every hole on the 22mm isn't smaller than on the 24mm. It's just that the smallest hole on the 22mm is smaller than the smallest hole on the 24mm. Therefore, as you move to the 2nd hole on the 22mm...that's the size of the smallest hole on the 24mm.

Maybe this will help explain it better. I also use my 24mm Berserkers on the 3rd hole from the smallest. However, to have the same hole size and to give me the same draw on the 22mm Mini...I need to set the ring on it to the 4th hole from the smallest.

I don't know if it's just the Minis I received that start with a smaller hole than on my 24mm ones, but it definitely is smaller. It's very obvious when I compare them. But, it's OK, since I know to just go up 1 hole further when adjusting the AFC ring on my Minis.
Weird because the specs claim 0.8mm as the smallest hole on both 22 and 24.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm late to the party... as usual:facepalm:. But, if you want smaller pack quantities; I've had good luck shopping with these guys: The O-Ring Store
No minimums, fast shipping, and their shipping rates are reasonable. I have also never caught them in an out-of-stock situation either.:)

I have shopped that store also, and they are truly a good place to drop money at. I always wanted at least a 25-pack of whatever Oring I ordered (the shipping would be about the same in either case), but 10-packs would suffice for most people I would reckon, just buy several different sizes so that shipping wouldn't be as bad. I always bought about 8 different sizes per order, so with shipping it would still be under $20.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran

That is really Strange JC. I would guess that between the (2) different Berserker's even the Tightest draw could be satisfied. If I remember correctly, the IGO-L had a 0.5 mm or so hole from the factory, and many, many folks found that too tight, even me, so I and others drilled the top cap out (just a little in my case though). The tighter the hole, the more flavor one gets (that's what I have found anyways), and the IGO-L was very flavorful, on that one I think I liked about a 1.6 (because it was sealed really good in all other places so no air By-Pass other than that air hole). A 0.5mm is just too tight for me, but would make for a nice, slow, flavorful draw of your favorite juice, I could see that.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
That is really Strange JC. I would guess that between the (2) different Berserker's even the Tightest draw could be satisfied.

I agree on both statements above.

Hopefully I was able to clarify my earliest post about the smaller holes on my Mini, to let you know that you definitely can get the same draw as on the 24mm. Just set the ring on the 22mm, to the 4th hole instead of the 3rd. Piece of cake then! :thumbs:

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
That is very interesting to hear JC. If smaller, then the draw might be too tight for even me, I like the 3rd hole from the smallest on my 24mm's. The experience with the 22mm Berserker sounds like it might be a similar draw as using a small straw with a McDonald's Milk Shake.;)

I dont have the 24 to compare it to, but the 22mm air hole settings reminds me of the draw you got from the original Nautilus/mini. Just like with the Nautilus I dont use the smallest hole or even the second smallest, but the 3rd and largest hole should suit most MTLers just fine. Honestly the largest hole is plenty airy for MTL. Doesnt take any effort to get a good flavorful draw.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
And that smallest hole is a flavor chaser's dream!
Out of curiosity what gauge and diameter are you using?

I get fantastic flavor on a kanthal 28AWG, 2.5dia at about 1.2 ohms wicked with rayon. When I go down to the smallest hole the flavor is intense but too intense if you know what I mean. Just wondering what build your using on that.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Out of curiosity what gauge and diameter are you using?

I get fantastic flavor on a kanthal 28AWG, 2.5dia at about 1.2 ohms wicked with rayon. When I go down to the smallest hole the flavor is intense but too intense if you know what I mean. Just wondering what build your using on that.
Hey, I'm using 29 kanthal, 2.25 ID about 7-8 wraps coming out about 1.4 ohm or so with rayon and yeah, flavor is top level IMO.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I have a quick MTL TC question. I don't do TC very often and mostly in my sub-ohm squonkers that I vape once or twice a year. If I wanted to put a SS coil in this (like Bursardo did in his review) to use in and out of TC EVEN though I'm MTL'ing would I still need to drop my nic level? I MTL at 12mg. My thought is "yes" but I wanted to ask first.

Reactions: 52anddone

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have a quick MTL TC question. I don't do TC very often and mostly in my sub-ohm squonkers that I vape once or twice a year. If I wanted to put a SS coil in this (like Bursardo did in his review) to use in and out of TC EVEN though I'm MTL'ing would I still need to drop my nic level? I MTL at 12mg. My thought is "yes" but I wanted to ask first.
No if you normally vape 12mg, just switching to a ss coil and using it in tc mode won’t effect anything differently than wattage mode.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
No if you normally vape 12mg, just switching to a ss coil and using it in tc mode won’t effect anything differently than wattage mode.
Awesome! That's what I wanted to hear. I didn't know if even though its in TC having a coil reading that low would cause problems.

Thanks!

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Anyone got this for the berserker?

CBm3fYY.jpg

Just ordered it from fasttech $8.84 Replacement Accessory Kit for Vandy Vape Berserker MTL RTA Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread