The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vandy Vape BERSERKER (24mm) MTL RTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by green.on.green, Aug 18, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 52anddone

52anddone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I got (3) of the Bubble tanks, but not the rest. Interesting Naliz, Thanks for posting that.:thumb:

Is that for the 24mm Berserker or the 22mm ??

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nailz

Nailz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    It is for the 24mm @52anddone or so it says, so it better be :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. 52anddone

Thanks Nailz.:thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  4. soulseek

soulseek Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    I just tried the Vandy Vape fused MTL wire (316L) and it's amasing, even for TC. Anyone who hasn't tried it should really give it a try. This is going to replace the 26AWG Ti round wire that I've used all along.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    If you have either size of Berserker, and would like info. on obtaining another bag (or several bags), of the spare parts things (o-rings, screws, etc.) that come in the boxes with the tanks...please PM me. I've found a source for them, as well as bags for many of the other VandyVape and GeekVape tanks, too.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. forumwt

forumwt Full Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Serbia
    Any idea how to disassembling base to remove afc ring ?

• Like Like x 2
  7. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2017
    I don't think the afc is removable. I'd love to be proved wrong, though

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. 52anddone

I think your right lil_buddy. I think it might be of "Pressed On" variety.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Helena88

Helena88 Full Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Can I get some help please? :)

I'm looking to buy the Berserker MTL RDA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer but I've never used them before. I've made a ton of purchases but only for the classical Kangertech single/dual coil e-cig with 1.8 ohms and batts around 900 - 1100mAh.

And I was wondering what kinda whick/cotton I need to order with it to rebuild the coil and how often do i need to change the metal which is holding the cotton (whick i guess) and which to order?

Like.. does any of these batteries fit it ?

$31.58 Authentic Aspire Zelos 50W 2500mAh VV VW TC APV Mod - 1-50W / 0.5V-8.0V / 100-315'C(200-600'F) / aluminum at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping Aspire Zelos
    $32.17 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 21700 100W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-100W / 1*18650/1*21700 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping istick pico
    $32.17 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 21700 100W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-100W / 1*18650/1*21700 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping pico 100 w

Or would you be able to suggest me a better battery under this price please?

Can I use this cotton? $2.41 Authentic XFKM Organic Cotton for RBA Atomizer (2-Pack) 2-pack - 10pcs/pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Many many thanks in advance!

Yours, newb :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I would suggest getting a mod with replaceable battery and buy at least 2 batteries for never ending vaping. You will also need a charger. How do you vape and what liquid do you use? (PG/VG). Are you a mouth to lung vaper or direct to lung vaper? I think you are a MTL vaper with your choice of tank, but not sure of that. Will you use Temperature Control?

The cotton you chose looks good. There's a lot of choices with wicks. You will also need some wire to make the coils. We need to hear from you about how you like to vape to help choose wire.

Waiting to hear from you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Helena88

Helena88 Full Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Thank you for your reply!

Uhuh, where do i start :)

Okay, first liquids, I usually order Hanga/Hangsen/Liqua and most recently I've bought a base and aroma to try to mix it myself. I never really pay much attention to the VG/PG.. I can only tell the difference by taste.

IMG_4603.JPG
    IMG_4602.JPG
    screenshot-www.fasttech.com-2018.03.24-09-21-37.png
    Here's my last order on liquids.

About MTL or DL; I'm really not sure, I care about the taste and getting nicotine hence I switched 3 years ago from cigarettes to vaping. The reason why I am changing from this small ecig is that I've tried a dozen of them and not really any creates a taste that good and most coils, after the first day, give me the hit to the throat that burns like hell and tastes awful (tried various coils but still it's either the first -no taste- or the second -throat burning hits-). I've never liked the huge clouds as my family is describing it as a walking train so.. a little of it would be perfect. :D

Temperature Control; Yes I'd like to use it. To have a slow inhale which is cool as I smoke really quite a LOT (currently having 6 batteries to never run out).

How often do I need to change the wire for the coil? And would you be able to look at the fasttech.com site and tell me which battery/mod would you choose (or out of the one's I've linked above) and what kinda wire would I need?

• Like Like x 2
  12. MartinD

MartinD Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2017
    My setup is 28ga kanthal a1, 2mm diameter,7 turns.1 ohm and 13W.I'm using Cotton Bacon or Muji.This is fantastic atomizer for tobacco's.

Poslato sa PRA-LX1 uz pomoć Tapatoka

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Khanninnarh

Khanninnarh Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2016
    Got it a 22mm recently and it’s been good. Does anyone know if there is a thread on the 22 Berserker mini? Just found vendors threads kinda annoying. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
  15. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Authentic Berserker Mini (22 mm) from Vandy Vape

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Khanninnarh

Khanninnarh Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  17. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    @Helena88 - Since you'd be just starting out, using a tank that doesn't take factory coils that you easily replace...I'd strongly suggest that you buy some pre-wound coils first. That way, you can first learn to how to properly install them and wick them, before getting into learning how to make your own coils from scratch.

FastTech carries a large variety of pre-wound coils, and they run about $3.50-$4.50 per package of 100! I've been using some of them for 2 years now, and really like them. I do have the necessary materials and knowledge to make coils from scratch, but the pre-wound ones are so easy to use...I'm kind of liking them a lot now.

ETA: FastTech carries the Kanthal A1 pre-wound coils in 1.8ohms, which is what ohms your other coils in your current set-up are. I've used them in both the 22mm Mini Berserker and in the 24mm regular Berserker. They're very easy to install and then wick them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Helena88

Helena88 Full Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Helena88

Helena88 Full Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

What is the difference between the thin wire as in the 1.8 ohms from Kanthal A1 Pre-Coiled Wires and the thick one in 28ga kanthal a1 which is only 0.35ohms?

Example:
    • Hybrid Alpha Braid Coil*4
      • 30ga*2 (KA1)+40ga*2(=)*16 (N80) / 0.35ohm
      • Parameter: Ф3.0 / 5 wraps
    • Hybrid Alpha Braid Coil*4
      • 28ga*2 (KA1)+40ga*16 (N80) / 0.45ohm
      • Parameter: Ф3.0 / 6 wraps
    • Coil Tool: Ф3.0*30mm+Ф4.0*23mm

or something as:28 AWG / 0.3mm dia. / 1.1ohm / 21*31mm leads which has this.. middle thickness?
    And sorry if my questions are noobish, it is all greek to me.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. JCinFLA

Oct 21, 2015
    Hmmm, I'll go see if I can find them. I've bought them in 1.3ohms, 1.5ohms, and 1.8ohms from them in the past, but maybe they've discontinued the 1.8ohm ones now. If they have done that...I know several other vendors in the US who definitely have them.

ETA: I see that you went back and edited your post, with the same ones I found on FT and posted the link to in my next post. Yep...that's them...they just called them Pre-coiled wires instead of Coils!

• Like Like x 2