ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

green.on.green

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
India
Maybe I'll try a 2mm instead of my usual 2.5mm coil, and see what transpires. You using KGD or Rayon ricks ??
2mm works great ! This just turned into my fav rta (that I own)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

green.on.green

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
India
I'm gonna leave my review for the Berserker in the coming week with some photographs

As my first RTA was the Siren V1, I guess I kind of got used to making 3 - 3.5mm coils and stuffing cotton as much as possible.

The Berserker is a very different tank in comparison to the Siren. 28ga - 2mm 11 wraps, and just the right amount of cotton.

Can't believe how well this vapes. And my liquid lasts so much longer. I am back to vaping around 8-10 W

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I hear that, I do. Going from a 4mm Siren coil to a 2.5mm in the Berserker was really different, but then I went even further and wound up a 2mm coil for it last night. That coil seems Tiny for sure, and the Berserker just sips juice, for me. I too have backed my wattage down to 8.5-9 watts with that Tiny coil, and use the second to the largest air hole. I'm running a 2mm/6 wrap/28g Kanthal/spaced coil @ 0.92Ω (Wow, I'm a SubOhmer now;)) with KGD wicking, and very surprised, and very happy with the results.

Last edited:

FichoZG

May 19, 2017
Croatia
I found that Vandy vape is selling the wire used for those pre-made fused claptons you get with the Berserker :
Vandyvape Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Vape Wires 30GA*2+38GA

both Ni80 (which was used for the 2 claptons with Berserker rta) and SS316L. I might try and order the SS version to use it in TC mode. The flavor was great for me when I tried the pre-made clapton.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I found that Vandy vape is selling the wire used for those pre-made fused claptons you get with the Berserker :
Vandyvape Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Vape Wires 30GA*2+38GA

both Ni80 (which was used for the 2 claptons with Berserker rta) and SS316L. I might try and order the SS version to use it in TC mode. The flavor was great for me when I tried the pre-made clapton.
I haven't even thought about trying that coil yet.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
ricks, yesterday I wrapped a 2mm/28g/6 wrap/Kanthal coil @ 0.92Ω and loaded it into my Berserker, along with some KGD. I don't notice much, if any, difference in flavor though, but, I am using my Menthol/Mint mix so that really doesn't surprise me much, I mean, not many different flavor notes in that mix to be able to tell much of a difference with anyway. No leaking or seeping, it is a well behaved build half of a tank full through, no complaints. I'm running in Power mode on my Presa TC100 @ 9 watts as I type.:thumbs:

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
ricks, yesterday I wrapped a 2mm/28g/6 wrap/Kanthal coil @ 0.92Ω and loaded it into my Berserker, along with some KGD. I don't notice much, if any, difference in flavor though, but, I am using my Menthol/Mint mix so that really doesn't surprise me much, I mean, not many different flavor notes in that mix to be able to tell much of a difference with anyway. No leaking or seeping, it is a well behaved build half of a tank full through, no complaints. I'm running in Power mode on my Presa TC100 @ 9 watts as I type.:thumbs:
9W on 0.92Ω? Wow! Pretty thrifty with those electrons!! :)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I get about like a Cigarette, which is all I need most of the time. When I need more, I go to my Siren with my 4mm coil and turn that one up and open the air ring full.

Edit; On my Siren I have that one set at 16 watts, but even then, I go all the way up to 20 sometimes. I'm a "Hard Hitter" don'tcha know. ;)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
20 is about my top setting, that's all the fingers and toes I have to work with.:lol:

Edit; This is my first venture into the world of, dare I say it, "Sub Ohming, Little Cloudz Bro", and I think it is rather pleasant with my 2mm/0.92Ω/spaced coil @ 9 watts. :) ;)

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I get about like a Cigarette, which is all I need most of the time. When I need more, I go to my Siren with my 4mm coil and turn that one up and open the air ring full.

Edit; On my Siren I have that one set at 16 watts, but even then, I go all the way up to 20 sometimes. I'm a "Hard Hitter" don'tcha know. ;)
Great you have it dialled in to your taste so well!! Brilliant!

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I hear that, but I don't know what else to call it ricks. I just had an Epiphany, "I'm a Low Wattage Vaper" or "LWV", that should cover it. That sounds better I think.;) One more acronym won't hurt.:rolleyes:
That works... Let's just hope it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread