Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello fellow vapers,

Today a very nice and interesting box-mod for review, the Gaur-21 by Vandy vape. A dual 21700 box mod for those searching for extra power.

Thank you Vandy Vape for sending me this device for the purpose of this review.

Specs:

In the Box:

1* Gaur-21 Mod
2* Instruction Manual
1* Warranty Card
1* QC Type-C USB Cable
1* Proper User Guidance
2* 18650 Battery Adaptor

Review:

A very beautiful looking mod and very well made. The shining battery door makes it complete. On the leather pattern there is tiny ‘nipples’ sticking out that in my opinion don’t look very nice, but at a very nice grip to it. It is big, but still for my hands very ergonomically.

Don’t expect this to be a small box-mod, it is larger than your general dual 18650’s, it is bulky. It being bulky in this case does not mean it is heavy, it is actually very light (128g without batteries) for the size of the box. Vandy Vape themselves claim it is the lightest dual 21700 on the market, and I believe them.

Not much branding going on apart from the bottom of the device. Manufactured by Vandy Vape and the SMM logo has been added as this device is a corporation between Vandy Vape and Matt from SuckMyMod, one of my favorite youtube reviewers.

Vandy Vape decided to keep the area around the 510-connector straight and slightly wider than the rest of the top of the mod, which is a good choice. Because of this a 28mm tank fits on top of the device, if they would have not done that it would have been max 26mm. It does not bother me that the 510-connecter is not centralized, for thumb-fire it actually is better for me having it slightly closer to the front of the device. From my trying and poking the 510-pin it is not springloaded.

Slide, click and connect is what the battery door does. You simply slide it off and insert your 21700’s as shown on the clearly market image on the inside of the mod. Bottom pins are spring-loaded and top pins are flat, this helps a lot in not destroying your battery wraps. You do get two 18650 adapters, and they do the job, but for me it feels a bit award having to have two separate adapters inserted both in a different way. Sliding back the door it clicks into place on several places and additionally it is kept together with magnets. No battery rattle or door rattle, it sits in place very well. Rarely you might feel the door moving a tiny bit, but I had that only twice.

All three buttons are having a very nice click to them and they sit flush, no rattling. Like the fact that the buttons stick out quite a bit making it a comfortable fire, both thumb and index finger. They all react very well and have had no issues with them getting stuck or loose.

Vandy Vape claims the mod itself, specifically the chipset is waterproof. Did not go ahead and test it as this mod is too nice to break. If it is true what Vandy Vape says it would mean that if you drop your mod in the toilet your device should survive, your batteries are a different thing.

What I like most about the latest Vandy Vape devices is the chipset that it comes with, on this one it is very similar to my Pulse V2. A very nice, bright and vibrant screen that can be set to 6 different color themes. Best thing about the chip for me is that you have the possibility to mark/unmark the vaping modes you use, I don’t use TC, so I unmark it and whenever I am scrolling through the modes it just does not show on there, very nice.

There is lots of things going on inside the device, by holding the up and down button you get into this menu with quite some options. You can adjust brightness, change hibernate timing, reset puff counter, change between 6 color UI’s, see the version and serial number, receive a QR code to download the app and finally reset the device. Very nice to have so much control over a device.

Clicking the fire-button three times on the main screen allows the user to scroll between the different modes (which the user has selected in the settings menu), VW, TC, Bypass and so on. Click the fire-button 4 times brings you into a selection list where you can select preset vaping curve types, for example Normal, S, H, DHL, MTL and App (which means app-controlled curve).

Just like on the Pulse V2 you can connect it to the app and control it from your phone, nice addition, not a necessity in my opinion. If you are into getting high puff-counts than you will like this one as the maximum is a crazy amount of 999.999.

On the main screen for me everything that I need is displayed and have no trouble reading any of it. Nice that it has dual battery indication, something that not all dual-battery mods have. If I could improve a tiny thing on the main screen it would be the battery icons being a bit bigger, as there is an empty space in the top-right corner.

Conclusion:

A fantastic light-weight dual 21700 mod. Cannot find any negatives really for this device. If there is a couple of things I would add to my wish-list it would be larger battery icons on the main screen and a one single 18650 adapter instead of two separate sleeves.

If you are looking for a small mod then this is not the right choice, but if you are looking for a high-power and capacity mod then this one will definitely fit your needs. It does what it needs to do very well and it’s a comfortable mod.

More information on the device can be found here, GAUR-21 Dual 21700 200W Mod | VANDY VAPE® Full Steam Ahead

Price-wise I see it online on different shops for between 50-55$, not a bad price comparing to other dual battery mods in the same price-range.

Thank you for reading, appreciate it.

Take care,

Sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread