Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks and welcome back for today's review of the Jackaroo Pod Kit from Vandy Vape. I would like to thank Lilia and sourcemore for providing the Jackaroo Pod Kit for todays review. If your familiar with the IP67 rated original 21700 Jackaroo or the dual 18650 version you know how tough and rugged both devices are but at the cost of heavy weight with the original, the dual 18650 version is actually lighter. Vandy Vape decided to manufacture a much lighter version of the 2 heavyweight brothers and make it a Pod based device with a internal battery capable of 70 watts, can be a true MTL or DL and RDL vape and has a optional RDTA Pod.

COLOR CHOICES

vandy_vape_jackaroo_pod_mod_kit_colors_1.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE KIT

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_package.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature2.jpg

TOUGH AND RUGGED IP67 RATED

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature4.jpg

UPGRADED CHIP - 70W MAX POWER

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature6.jpg

2000 MAH BUILT IN BATTERY

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature5.jpg

HONEYCOMBED STYLE TOP DUAL FULLY ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature3.jpg

CONVENIENT NO MESS 4.5 ML TOP FILL POD

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature7.jpg

OPTIONAL RDTA POD WITH 5 ML CAPACITY

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature8.jpg

SIX SAFETY PROTECTIONS

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature10.jpg

COMPATIBLE NO LEAK DROP IN COILS

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature9.jpg

BREAKDOWN OF DEVICE AND POD

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature1.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The kit contents are housed in a slide out inner box and contain all the included parts in their own cut out section including a additional MTL drip tip, coil removal assist tool, type-c charge cable, additional 0.9Ω mesh MTL coil, the 0.3Ω mesh coil comes pre-installed in the pod. The qualified certificate as well as the owners manual are below under the device. I was sent the Glacier Silver color and at first look wasn't thrilled but it has now grown on me and I'm happy with it's look.

20210526_151941.jpg

As most pod systems attach using magnets so does the Jackaroo using 3 powerful magnets that hold tight with no wiggle of the pod once installed and can be picked up and shaken without fear of the pod coming loose from the device.

Vandy Vape has a protective sticker on the base of the pre-installed 0.3Ω mesh coil to prevent a accidental firing of the device. Vandy Vape includes a coil removal assist tool in the kit so it can be removed more easily, I didn't need to use it but it's nice that they included it in the kit. Always remember to prime your coil with a few drops of liquid and after installing in the pod let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes to fully saturate the coil before using.

20210526_154055.jpg

You will notice with all compatible coils that there are no air holes below the red bottom base o ring making it leakproof unless sitting unused for some time or vaping the device under the recommended minimum wattage.

Most pod devices have 2 contact pins that make contact with the coil, however the Jackaroo pod device has 3 contact pins because it has a optional RDTA pod and that is what the 3rd pin is used for, when the device was sent the RDTA pod was not in stock for review unfortunately.

20210528_070030.jpg

The airflow on this pod is a dual honeycombed style and consist of 12 holes on each side of the airflow control ring for a total of 24 that can be opened fully or closed down to just 1 hole for a great true throat hit MTL vape. Turning the airflow control ring closes or opens the holes by 2 vertically, turning further opens or closes the holes by 1. Resistance of the airflow control ring is firm but not to tight, once set it's not coming off your setting until you chose to change it. The supplied drip tips are standard 510 and very comfortable to use, I saw no need to use my own.

20210526_154901.jpg

As I often encounter in reviews, manufacturers tint their pods so dark that juice viewing is impossible unless held up to a light source, Vandy Vape tinted the pod on the Jackaroo perfectly giving it a nice smoked appearance but leaving it light enough to view your juice level in almost any light setting.

20210527_112116.jpg

Vandy Vape really put the time in when developing this kit and it shows in so many ways, this is one of the best top fill pods I've ever used. Position of the fill port is dead center on one side and to open simply push up with your thumb and hear the pop of the plug coming out. The plug end sits flush so no accidental opening will happen.

20210526_155201.jpg

The fill plug can be rotated to either side when filling, The hole opening is large enough for any size bottle tip or dripper. The device is lightweight but strong enough to stand unsupported with a bottle of juice sticking in it. There's so many good things with this kit and I have only reviewed the pod so far.

20210526_160718.jpg

20210528_084155.jpg

The device has a smart feature that all devices should have that protect the coil from having too much wattage applied to it rendering it burnt and unusable, It knows the maximum wattage allowed for any compatible coil and won't exceed the maximum wattage for that coil. This is a great feature for new vapers as well as vets, it's happened to all of us, you get distracted and forget or change to a higher Ω coil and forget to adjust the wattage down and burn up a brand new coil, with the smart feature this wont happen.

There are 2 modes to this device and both are wattage only, the 1st is smart mode that I already talked about and the 2nd is RBA mode using the optional RDTA pod and letting you reach 70 watts in this mode. Remember this is a 2000 mAH built in battery so life will be low with lower builds .

The display uses a smoked panel cover that I wish was a bit less smoked for more brightness. Indoors the display is bright enough and vivid as well but you will struggle to see it clearly in bright sunlight.

The display uses 2 colors to distinguish each mode, green is for the smart mode and blue is for the RBA mode. The device will automatically recognize what pod has been attached and use the appropriate color on the display screen.

The display screen has a very nice layout to it with everything you need easily seen with nice sized fonts and numbers, screen layout from top to bottom and left to right.

* Battery Percentage Battery Bar Lock/Unlock Symbol

* Wattage

* Seconds Vaped

* Volts

* Ohms

* 4 Digit Puff Counter

At the top is your fire button, bottom is a rocker button for plus and minus and type -c charge port at the very bottom of the device.

20210527_090931.jpg

PROVIDED COILS

VVC-90 0.9Ω MESH COIL

I am very glad that a DL and MTL coil were provided in this kit, I really didn't have high hopes on the VVC 0.9Ω mesh coil when first opening the package without yet trying because very few systems are able to provide a good vape MTL and DL, it's usually one or the other and rarely both.

Because of the honeycombed airflow you can shut it down to only 1 hole if you so desired for a true very tight MTL vape that gives great flavor and provide a very nice throat hit.

This airflow system allows you to tailor the tightness to loose or tight and anywhere in between, I am very impressed how well this pod vapes in MTL mode because I vape both MTL and RDL on a daily basis. Flavor is above average on the 0.9Ω mesh coil. Using the 0.9Ω coil you will easily get a entire day on 1 charge.

VVC-0.3Ω MESH COIL

After running the 0.9Ω mesh through it's paces it was time for the 0.3Ω mesh to be tested. As with the 0.9Ω mesh coil I washed and dried out the pod, primed the coil and let it sit for 10 minutes. As with the fist coil when the pod was attached the device lit up and the wattage was changed to the recommended wattage automatically without changing it from the 0.9Ω coils wattage setting already on the device.

I started at the recommended wattage of 35w and after some adjustment vapes with different wattages found the 35w recommended by the device to be my sweet spot for a very smooth flavorful vape with enough vapor and warmth.

Flavor really pops and that surprised me although it shouldn't because most company's coils have improved a great deal recently.

Impressed is what I feel using the 0.3Ω mesh coil and 0.9Ω mesh coil that performed great and are still going good after many pod fills and that's another big plus for both coils. I averaged about 248 - 254 vapes before needing to recharge using the 0.3Ω coil.

MENU

There really is no menu but rather a few button combinations and they are as follows.

* On/Off - 5 presses of the fire button

* Locking/Unlocking Wattage - Fire button and plus held simultaneously

* Clearing the puff counter - Fire button and minus held simultaneously

* Chip version - Minus and plus held simultaneously

* Stealth mode - All three buttons held simultaneously

PROS

* Lightweight

* IP67 Rated

* Attractive

* Above Average Flavor

* Fully Adjustable Airflow

* Smooth Airflow

* Type- C

*Lightly Tinted Pod

* Color Display

* Strong Magnets

* No Leaks

* 2 Included Drip Tips

* Mess Free Top Fill

CONS

* Difficult To See Display In Bright Sunlight

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

Well as you could tell I am very impressed and really love everything about the Jackaroo Pod Kit but wish less tinting was used on the display screen, that's the only con that I could find. The 2 coils provided are absolutely fantastic for flavor and they give off plenty of vapor.

I will state that I thought this was going to be another attempt like so many other company's say their device can vape MTL and DL equally well but the Jackaroo can actually do the task and do it very well. Even though it's small compared with it's older brothers it still has that definite Jackaroo look with a ribbed spine.

20210527_125434.jpg

All in all the Jackaroo Pod Kit exceeded my expectations and proved itself to be a big winner. If your in the market for a device that will deliver a true MTL or DL to RDL vape and has coils that provide great flavor, don't leak and have great life to them look no further, not to mention it's tough as nails IP 67 rating. I wish that the RDTA Pod was in stock at the time this was delivered, I would have liked to test it out as well.

I am writing this review on the Memorial Day weekend and until 5/31/21 Sourcemore has a 10% off sale sitewide going on using code MAY bringing the Jackaroo Pod Kit's price down to a low $18.72. It's a definite winner in my book folks, definitely worth picking one up. Vandy Vape Jackaroo Pod Kit 70W 4.5ml Starter Kit

I would like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for providing the Jackaroo Pod Kit for the purpose of this review. I would also like to thank all the viewers of my review and hope it helped anyone looking to purchase one.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I just corrected one thing in the review @AngeNZ , I mistakenly wrote max vapes on the 0.3Ω coil at 148 - 154 when it's really 248 - 254 vapes. A very big difference to be sure, sorry for the mix up in numbers. With this you wont need to use a insert in the air tube hole like you had to do with the other one you acquired.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Hello again folks and welcome back for today's review of the Jackaroo Pod Kit from Vandy Vape. I would like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for providing the Jackaroo Pod Kit for todays review. If your familiar with the IP67 rated original 21700 Jackaroo or the dual 18650 version you know how tough and rugged both devices are but at the cost of heavy weight with the original, the dual 18650 version is actually lighter. Vandy Vape decided to manufacture a much lighter version of the 2 heavyweight brothers and make it a Pod based device with a internal battery capable of 70 watts, can be a true MTL or DL and RDL vape and has a optional RDTA Pod.

COLOR CHOICES

vandy_vape_jackaroo_pod_mod_kit_colors_1.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE KIT

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_package.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature2.jpg

TOUGH AND RUGGED IP67 RATED

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature4.jpg

UPGRADED CHIP - 70W MAX POWER

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature6.jpg

2000 MAH BUILT IN BATTERY

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature5.jpg

HONEYCOMBED STYLE TOP DUAL FULLY ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature3.jpg

CONVENIENT NO MESS 4.5 ML TOP FILL POD

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature7.jpg

OPTIONAL RDTA POD WITH 5 ML CAPACITY

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature8.jpg

SIX SAFETY PROTECTIONS

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature10.jpg

COMPATIBLE NO LEAK DROP IN COILS

BREAKDOWN OF DEVICE AND POD

Vandy_Vape_Jackaroo_Pod_Kit_feature1.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The kit contents are housed in a slide out inner box and contain all the included parts in their own cut out section including a additional MTL drip tip, coil removal assist tool, type-c charge cable, additional 0.9Ω mesh MTL coil, the 0.3Ω mesh coil comes pre-installed in the pod. The qualified certificate as well as the owners manual are below under the device. I was sent the Glacier Silver color and at first look wasn't thrilled but it has now grown on me and I'm happy with it's look.

View attachment 943437

As most pod systems attach using magnets so does the Jackaroo using 3 powerful magnets that hold tight with no wiggle of the pod once installed and can be picked up and shaken without fear of the pod coming loose from the device.

Vandy Vape has a protective sticker on the base of the pre-installed 0.3Ω mesh coil to prevent a accidental firing of the device. Vandy Vape includes a coil removal assist tool in the kit so it can be removed more easily, I didn't need to use it but it's nice that they included it in the kit. Always remember to prime your coil with a few drops of liquid and after installing in the pod let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes to fully saturate the coil before using.

View attachment 943439

You will notice with all compatible coils that there are no air holes below the red bottom base o ring making it leakproof unless sitting unused for some time or vaping the device under the recommended minimum wattage.

Most pod devices have 2 contact pins that make contact with the coil, however the Jackaroo pod device has 3 contact pins because it has a optional RDTA pod and that is what the 3rd pin is used for, when the device was sent the RDTA pod was not in stock for review unfortunately.

View attachment 943441

The airflow on this pod is a dual honeycombed style and consist of 12 holes on each side of the airflow control ring for a total of 24 that can be opened fully or closed down to just 1 hole for a great true throat hit MTL vape. Turning the airflow control ring closes or opens the holes by 2 vertically, turning further opens or closes the holes by 1. Resistance of the airflow control ring is firm but not to tight, once set it's not coming off your setting until you chose to change it. The supplied drip tips are standard 510 and very comfortable to use, I saw no need to use my own.

View attachment 943443

As I often encounter in reviews, manufacturers tint their pods so dark that juice viewing is impossible unless held up to a light source, Vandy Vape tinted the pod on the Jackaroo perfectly giving it a nice smoked appearance but leaving it light enough to view your juice level in almost any light setting.

View attachment 943445

Vandy Vape really put the time in when developing this kit and it shows in so many ways, this is one of the best top fill pods I've ever used. Position of the fill port is dead center on one side and to open simply push up with your thumb and hear the pop of the plug coming out. The plug end sits flush so no accidental opening will happen.

View attachment 943447

The fill plug can be rotated to either side when filling, The hole opening is large enough for any size bottle tip or dripper. The device is lightweight but strong enough to stand unsupported with a bottle of juice sticking in it. There's so many good things with this kit and I have only reviewed the pod so far.

View attachment 943451

View attachment 943453

The device has a smart feature that all devices should have that protect the coil from having too much wattage applied to it rendering it burnt and unusable, It knows the maximum wattage allowed for any compatible coil and won't exceed the maximum wattage for that coil. This is a great feature for new vapers as well as vets, it's happened to all of us, you get distracted and forget or change to a higher Ω coil and forget to adjust the wattage down and burn up a brand new coil, with the smart feature this wont happen.

There are 2 modes to this device and both are wattage only, the 1st is smart mode that I already talked about and the 2nd is RBA mode using the optional RDTA pod and letting you reach 70 watts in this mode. Remember this is a 2000 mAH built in battery so life will be low with lower builds .

The display uses a smoked panel cover that I wish was a bit less smoked for more brightness. Indoors the display is bright enough and vivid as well but you will struggle to see it clearly in bright sunlight.

The display uses 2 colors to distinguish each mode, green is for the smart mode and blue is for the RBA mode. The device will automatically recognize what pod has been attached and use the appropriate color on the display screen.

The display screen has a very nice layout to it with everything you need easily seen with nice sized fonts and numbers, screen layout from top to bottom and left to right.

* Battery Percentage Battery Bar Lock/Unlock Symbol

* Wattage

* Seconds Vaped

* Volts

* Ohms

* 4 Digit Puff Counter

At the top is your fire button, bottom is a rocker button for plus and minus and type -c charge port at the very bottom of the device.

View attachment 943497

PROVIDED COILS

VVC-90 0.9Ω MESH COIL

I am very glad that a DL and MTL coil were provided in this kit, I really didn't have high hopes on the VVC 0.9Ω mesh coil when first opening the package without yet trying because very few systems are able to provide a good vape MTL and DL, it's usually one or the other and rarely both.

Because of the honeycombed airflow you can shut it down to only 1 hole if you so desired for a true very tight MTL vape that gives great flavor and provide a very nice throat hit.

This airflow system allows you to tailor the tightness to loose or tight and anywhere in between, I am very impressed how well this pod vapes in MTL mode because I vape both MTL and RDL on a daily basis. Flavor is above average on the 0.9Ω mesh coil. Using the 0.9Ω coil you will easily get a entire day on 1 charge.

VVC-0.3Ω MESH COIL

After running the 0.9Ω mesh through it's paces it was time for the 0.3Ω mesh to be tested. As with the 0.9Ω mesh coil I washed and dried out the pod, primed the coil and let it sit for 10 minutes. As with the fist coil when the pod was attached the device lit up and the wattage was changed to the recommended wattage automatically without changing it from the 0.9Ω coils wattage setting already on the device.

I started at the recommended wattage of 35w and after some adjustment vapes with different wattages found the 35w recommended by the device to be my sweet spot for a very smooth flavorful vape with enough vapor and warmth.

Flavor really pops and that surprised me although it shouldn't because most company's coils have improved a great deal recently.

Impressed is what I feel using the 0.3Ω mesh coil and 0.9Ω mesh coil that performed great and are still going good after many pod fills and that's another big plus for both coils. I averaged about 248 - 254 vapes before needing to recharge using the 0.3Ω coil.

MENU

There really is no menu but rather a few button combinations and they are as follows.

* On/Off - 5 presses of the fire button

* Locking/Unlocking Wattage - Fire button and plus held simultaneously

* Clearing the puff counter - Fire button and minus held simultaneously

* Chip version - Minus and plus held simultaneously

* Stealth mode - All three buttons held simultaneously

PROS

* Lightweight

* IP67 Rated

* Attractive

* Above Average Flavor

* Fully Adjustable Airflow

* Smooth Airflow

* Type- C

*Lightly Tinted Pod

* Color Display

* Strong Magnets

* No Leaks

* 2 Included Drip Tips

* Mess Free Top Fill

CONS

* Difficult To See Display In Bright Sunlight

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

Well as you could tell I am very impressed and really love everything about the Jackaroo Pod Kit but wish less tinting was used on the display screen, that's the only con that I could find. The 2 coils provided are absolutely fantastic for flavor and they give off plenty of vapor.

I will state that I thought this was going to be another attempt like so many other company's say their device can vape MTL and DL equally well but the Jackaroo can actually do the task and do it very well. Even though it's small compared with it's older brothers it still has that definite Jackaroo look with a ribbed spine.

View attachment 943501

All in all the Jackaroo Pod Kit exceeded my expectations and proved itself to be a big winner. If your in the market for a device that will deliver a true MTL or DL to RDL vape and has coils that provide great flavor, don't leak and have great life to them look no further, not to mention it's tough as nails IP 67 rating. I wish that the RDTA Pod was in stock at the time this was delivered, I would have liked to test it out as well.

I am writing this review on the Memorial Day weekend and until 5/31/21 Sourcemore has a 10% off sale sitewide going on using code MAY bringing the Jackaroo Pod Kit's price down to a low $18.72. It's a definite winner in my book folks, definitely worth picking one up. Vandy Vape Jackaroo Pod Kit 70W 4.5ml Starter Kit

I would like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for providing the Jackaroo Pod Kit for the purpose of this review. I would also like to thank all the viewers of my review and hope it helped anyone looking to purchase one.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322
    Thanks Bob. I've had my eye on this. Your detailed review is very helpful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread