The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vandy Vape Kylin Mini RTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Gallant, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Gallant

Gallant Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    I'm using a 3.5mm ID wicked with Rayon tails thinned just about to cover the channels wicking like a charm & I do see bubbles on 1 side

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Yea there are some bubble just not very many. I think its because the way the wicks go from the bottom and go up so it will make bubbles in tank if tilted sideways and still pretty full.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BlackCRX

BlackCRX Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    Vancouver Canada
    Do you guys have the wicks touching the bottom of the deck and visible when the tank is fully assembled ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    yes. More surface area the better

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gallant

Gallant Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Yes I do

• Like Like x 2
  6. ShaneR42

ShaneR42 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2016
    Picked up this tank today as an impulse buy at my local shop. Was bored. :)

So far, impressions are "meh". Not noticing much difference over the SMM I normally use. But, I'm still on my first tank.

Coiling and wicking were not too bad. Not quite sure if I have the right coil in there (just decided to use the included) or the wicking spot on, but it seems to be working normally.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    It is similar to the SMM, I find the Air Flow & flavour a bit better with the Kylin Mini over the SMM.
    The Bubble glass is a Big bonus over the SMM, Capacity being my biggest con with the SMM.
    Apparently there is a "Bubble Glass" that fits the SMM? $1.92 Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Clearomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    I'm still waiting on mine so cant confirm for sure, But this Bubble Glass is suppose to fit the SMM :)

Here are a few pics of my build on the Kylin Mini :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    Let us know when you get it.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steamer861

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    Will Do :) My Shipment is in Customs now, so next week some time?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ShaneR42

Jun 5, 2016
    On my third day with this tank. As with all new tanks, there seems to be a learning curve and an adjustment period with this one for me....

Long story short, I purchased a juice yesterday that I know well for a treat (I DIY normally) that I haven't had in a while. Put the same juice in my SMM. This Kylin is blowing it away.

I went through the same thing with the SMM. I hated that tank at first, but after learning its quirks for building, airflow, etc, it became my goto DL tank. I think this will happen with the Kylin Mini as well after some more time with it.

I do want to look at getting some good coils for this, though...not too keen on the included one. That said, any recommendations for premade "exotic" coils?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    AVS, Advances Vape Supply. I am particularly fond of the tri core fc and basic aliens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Steamer861

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    Bubble Glass for the SMM :) Will it fit right out of the box? No! One side is a thousand's or two narrower.
    The two openings are not equal in size, one side fits perfectly one side is a bit to small :(
    Can it be made to fit? Yes :) I very carefully sanded one opening (smaller side) with emory cloth.
    I was able to gain the one or two thousands I needed for it to fit.

You need to be very careful sanding the smaller opening, as not to scratch up all of the inside of the Glass.
    I used a very small piece of emory cloth, that didn't reach in side the glass :)

As you can see the bubble is not as pronounced as the Kylin Mini, So I don't think the capacity is enlarged as much as with the Kylin Mini, But capacity is improved over the standard Glass from the SMM :)

So just to recap the Glass is $1.92 Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Clearomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping & incase your wondering the DT's on the SMM's are $3.21 Resin + Stabilized Wood Hybrid 510 Drip Tip - 13mm / random color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

IMO the Kylin Mini, has a little better Air Flow & flavour :)
    If I were buying, I would get the Kylin Mini over the SMM, but If you all ready have an SMM & are looking to improve the capacity, the Bubble Glass is a nice addition. If you don't mind sanding the opening a tiny bit to make it fit :)

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. ShaneR42

Jun 5, 2016
    Have a couple staggered fused claptons on the way from a shop here in Canada (SaddleHorseBlues). His coils seem to get pretty good reviews. In the meantime, though, I had an extra coil from the 3 supplied with the SMM , so I threw that in. Much better.

I just rewicked and I've noticed that one side of the wick always seems to "slip up" a little from the juice intake after I screw the tank back on, not quite what's causing that. Could be the cotton getting caught a little on the chamber, I guess, as it screws down. Doesn't seem to be causing any issues, though.

Anyway, still learning the tank, but so far it's been very enjoyable...think this will be a keeper.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. uBerNoob

uBerNoob Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2009
    I upgraded from the OBS Engine Nano to the Kylin Mini about 2 weeks ago. It reminds me of the OBS because both have wicking learning curves to get them functioning properly. But once you do, omg is it worth it. The flavor is better than anything I've ever vaped.

The current wicking method I'm using is to cut 1/3 of the cotton from the top. Keep the cotton in the channels flush with the threads. Push any excess cotton up to the coil. With this, it's wicking great and absolutely no leaking.

Here's how my wicking looks..

Kylin Mini Wicking.jpg

Only cons on this is the o-ring and the weird positioning of the screws to lock your coil in place. Other than that this tank is a beast. Highly recommend it.

Kylin Mini Double Barrel.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. ShaneR42

Jun 5, 2016
    Saw a reviewer do it that way, but didn't think it necessary (especially with anything under a 3mm coil), but I tried it tonight with my usual 2.5mm coil and I do see better wicking performance, I believe. I also put on the bubble glass as well (this tank plows through juice compared to my SMM with the same coil), so that may help the wicking just a bit as well.

16. Ionori

Ionori Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2017
    Does anybody know if the black one has painted 510 threads? The images on Vandy Vape's website show both unpainted and painted threads.

17. Steamer861

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    No paint on my Black Kylin Mini 510 Threads

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.