Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Love the g-10 panels and 21700 capability. As long as it’s around the same price and I don’t have to buy that rda to get the mod I’ll buy one. The rda I wasn’t impressed with. I like that it drips on top of the coil but I see no reason for vertical coils and don’t really like dual coils. I love g-10 though and would like a mod only option. Thanks for the heads up flavourchaser

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
The 21700 capability is a plus for sure. I'm fine with an 80w cap for a single battery mod, but a little more is good too. What I'm most interested in are the "new features" in the menu that were mentioned in the video but not explained as to what they are. Hopefully, any new features for the Pulse X will also be made available as a firmware update for the Pulse 80.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I figured they were going to put out an "updated" version to support 21700s. I kind of feel they had this planned out from the start to keep sales up, but that could just be that I'm the kind of person that always looks for the bad in things though.
i find it really bad marketing n tons of bull.... from tony B .....

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
How did you get the new firmware? What no is it?
Hello, I got it from service@vandyvapeusa.com I emailed them and told them that the Temp Control on Stainless Steel was a bit too low temperature, this is on the latest firmware version 0.0.6 from their website . So they gave me a new revised version 6 firmware, which included that new feature "BL" I'm assuming BL is for back light(screen brightness).

New Pulse 80watt Firmware.jpg

Pulse 80w.jpg

I've update all my Pulse 80watt units with the revised firmware. Works Well.

I'm going to email them again to see if I can request clear panels for my pulse 80watt units. Vandy Vape has good customer service.

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I also hope this becomes available as a mod only option. The RDA isn't of any interest to me. Prefer my single coilers, the Recurve, Nudge and C4 are keeping me pretty happy the past few months.

I do like the fact it will fit a 21700, but since I typically vape 30w or less, the regular Pulse with a Sanyo 20700B treats me very well. I may or may not get better runtime using a Samsung 40T, would have to compare them and see. Capacity of both cells is similar, the 40T might give better runtime since I wouldn't be pushing it anywhere near max discharge. The 90w doesn't really matter to me either. Never had my current Pulse over 40w, and even that was just to try it.

The G10 panels look very nice. I'm guessing they either increased the frame size slightly to accommodate the 21700, or the new panels will be cut out to allow them to fit flush.

So I guess to me, it comes down to the fact of 21700 compatibility, and the new panels. Even though for my vaping style the 21700 probably won't benefit me over the 20700, it will be nice to have another option.

If they come out with mod only at a similar price, or the kit is only slightly more expensive, I'll pick one up. I'm guessing initially, it will be kit only though, or the mod will be more expensive than the current one. The current Pulse 80w is kind of dated if the released the new one at the same price.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Well I decided to pass on the pulse 80 and now I think I might go for the pulse x? If the price point falls in line with the 80 that is. I do like the new G10 and clear colored doors. Not sure why they even went this route since some were already modding the 80 to fit the 21700?

As Tony said a year ago 21700 batteries were not out or in use. They could have as easily opted to let those who own an 80 to send them in for modding to a 21700. That way I think it looks better than trying to make a buck on the same product??

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Well I decided to pass on the pulse 80 and now I think I might go for the pulse x? If the price point falls in line with the 80 that is. I do like the new G10 and clear colored doors. Not sure why they even went this route since some were already modding the 80 to fit the 21700?

As Tony said a year ago 21700 batteries were not out or in use. They could have as easily opted to let those who own an 80 to send them in for modding to a 21700. That way I think it looks better than trying to make a buck on the same product??
There’s no profit in modding it so not something they probably even considered imho.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
There’s no profit in modding it so not something they probably even considered imho.
This is very true. I would say they just changed it enough to be able to use key words like "new", "enhanced", "upgraded", and/or "redesigned". That way they can try to drum up some more business on an item that should have been this way from the begining. While it addresses one of the issues that stopped me from getting the original, it makes me second guess giving my money to a company that would use such a strategy. While I may be wrong and they simply adjusted the mod to what customers wanted, they sure seemed to have a whole campaign ready to present this adjusted mod design with (rda, doors with new designs, new features for the chip, and increased wattage limits) in a short amount of time. That just makes it look, to me, like a planned move.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
This is very true. I would say they just changed it enough to be able to use key words like "new", "enhanced", "upgraded", and/or "redesigned". That way they can try to drum up some more business on an item that should have been this way from the begining. While it addresses one of the issues that stopped me from getting the original, it makes me second guess giving my money to a company that would use such a strategy. While I may be wrong and they simply adjusted the mod to what customers wanted, they sure seemed to have a whole campaign ready to present this adjusted mod design with (rda, doors with new designs, new features for the chip, and increased wattage limits) in a short amount of time. That just makes it look, to me, like a planned move.
Tony did make a good point in the video. A year ago ,when they were designing this mod,21700's were not released? He might be correct I think 20700's were just coming out?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Tony did make a good point in the video. A year ago ,when they were designing this mod,21700's were not released? He might be correct I think 20700's were just coming out?
Tony did a ijoy capo 100 review on September of last year, which came with a 21700.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I think it’s a little revisionist history, they may not have been widely available but they were out. Also when it takes someone 5 minutes with a dremel to get it to accept a 21700, how hard would it have been for them to change it from the get-go. I think instead of just changing it they decided to release it as is knowing damn well they were going to put the exciting new upgraded mod when sales of the original began to dip. Makes sense when the market changes so fast to try and keep eyes on their products for as long as possible. Also makes sense for us as consumers to wait when a new product comes out, not having to be the first to get something new can save you some money and get you a better product at the same time.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I think it’s a little revisionist history, they may not have been widely available but they were out. Also when it takes someone 5 minutes with a dremel to get it to accept a 21700, how hard would it have been for them to change it from the get-go. I think instead of just changing it they decided to release it as is knowing damn well they were going to put the exciting new upgraded mod when sales of the original began to dip. Makes sense when the market changes so fast to try and keep eyes on their products for as long as possible. Also makes sense for us as consumers to wait when a new product comes out, not having to be the first to get something new can save you some money and get you a better product at the same time.
That is basically all I was trying to get at. If anyone and a Dremel,they could have did it before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread