Vandy Vape Pulse 80 watt now 90 watt X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
did with soap and water. not the coils though. it's been 2 days I'll give it some more time. only about 15 ml have been through it

You would know best on how long your cotton takes to become what I like to refer to as “seasoned”. I do find, and this is not exclusive with this RDA, that when it heats up from chain vaping the flavour drops. I wouldn’t say this RDA is poor with flavour, but others do excel in comparison. At least from my collection. Try a different juice.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Finally got my extra G10 panels from Fasttech. I love them. :hubba:

G10 Panels.jpg

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Just back to where my Wasp Nano is paired with a Pulse 80 and notice I get zero juice droplet pooling under that RDA vs the Recurve that gets enough to need a daily wipe down. It's not so bad on the Recurve that I'd term it leaking (eg it doesn't leak to the outside of the mod) but it seems the problem is worse with some RDAs than others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: puffon

Dire_Wolf

Oct 18, 2017
USA
i found pulse is really poor in battery management ...... even dual batt with poor batt management, result ain't far ...
I have noticed that when the battery indicator gets down to one bar on my pulse(single 18650
VTC6)that when I put it in my charger(XTAR VP2)that the voltage for the battery is 3.50. Seems that the pulse is very linanant on what it considers to be a low battery.

• Agree
Reactions: Mysteron

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I have noticed that when the battery indicator gets down to one bar on my pulse(single 18650
VTC6)that when I put it in my charger(XTAR VP2)that the voltage for the battery is 3.50. Seems that the pulse is very linanant on what it considers to be a low battery.
If I run my batteries down to where the Pulse cuts off and refuses to fire, my charger shows 3.25V if I recall. Never tried checking it at 'one bar'.

This is using the latest version of the firmware on the Pulse 80w. I haven't tried running the batteries all the way down on the Pulse X yet, but guessing the result should be the same.

I'm running the Sanyo 20700B in mine.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I tried the rabbit SQ awhile back, I couldn't get any decent flavour from it. :( I ended up putting it in the bin. The Pulse X has good flavour for me. I've been using round wire coils. YMMV
So I've been scrolling through this thread and still have one question, is the Pulse X 90W a good 21700 squonk device? I'm looking for something to use as a take out of the house regulated squonker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet Knight

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
So I've been scrolling through this thread and still have one question, is the Pulse X 90W a good 21700 squonk beater device? I'm looking for something to use as a take out of the house regulated squonker.

That's the reason I bought a couple of them and so far has not disappointed.

• Informative
Reactions: VapourFlavour

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
So I've been scrolling through this thread and still have one question, is the Pulse X 90W a good 21700 squonk device? I'm looking for something to use as a take out of the house regulated squonker.

I have three of the 80/90 and one of the X models, and have been very happy with all of them. Zero problems even with the one that I take when I'm going out and have dropped a few times.

• Informative
Reactions: VapourFlavour

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Well lots of people love them, that is for sure. But some others, not so much. I quit using my Vandy Vape Pulse 80 because it leaks between the RBA and the mods 510 plate. And I am not alone and Tony B mentioned this in his Pulse 90 video. I also find the menu system annoying, but usable. It just wasn't for me since there are many other options available out there.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Well lots of people love them, that is for sure. But some others, not so much. I quit using my Vandy Vape Pulse 80 because it leaks between the RBA and the mods 510 plate. And I am not alone and Tony B mentioned this in his Pulse 90 video. I also find the menu system annoying, but usable. It just wasn't for me since there are many other options available out there.

i have very frequent " New coil or OLD coil" issue + 510 leak + internal leak (i can see juice inside board n wiring area), now screen is complete died, now my daily is pico sq 2 + rsq. btw my is 80w.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
I am very seriously considering pulling the trigger on a 90x. For my first squonker.

I had some leak problems with the 80 Pulse (which adding the tiny O-ring to the base of the atty helped), but none with my 90 pulses, fortunately. Having numerous Mods, I like my pulses when going out and roughing up a bit. For the price, it's a good, durable mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread