Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
According to a recent Tony B post on his FB page, the panels will be cross compatible between the Pulse 80 and the Pulse X. There will also be a firmware update for the Pulse 80 when the Pulse X is released in mid-Sept.

pul2.JPG

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I've not used anything but the Sanyo 20700B in mine, but I get through most of the day with one battery running at 28-30w. I can easily get through two bottles of juice. I'll fill up my bottle tomorrow am and start with a fresh battery to double check. I haven't really had any battery issues though. I figured the folks reporting this were higher wattage and possibly using 18650s.

I did turn the sleep time down to 2 mins once the 0.0.0.6 firmware was released.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Yeah that ST is nice to have.
Agreed, I honestly wonder how much current this thing draws when it is idle without the chip asleep. My guess is this contributes to battery issues since VV added it to the first firmware release after initial release of the mod. Plus a few posts back where it's mentioned about it making a noise when idle and not sleeping makes you wonder WTH it's doing, lol? I can kind of understand the whine (I've heard other mods do it) if you're firing, especially at higher wattages. But when it's idle?

I'd be willing to bet the Pulse X is the same exact chip, just further refined firmware. Maybe this is something that can be dealt with via additional firmware updates, maybe it's just the chip. Will be interesting to see if the Pulse X or firmware released for the Pulse 80w around the same time helps further.

I filled up my bottle and popped in a fresh battery just now. I'll run it down to the check battery warning today and see how it goes.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
with sanyo 20700a 3000mah, i barely reach half day ..... 1 - 1.5 tank at 45-55w.
1.5 bottles is about 12ml of juice, so you are getting somewhere around the same area I was saying I did on one battery, maybe a little less. So that sounds about right.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I love measuring battery capacity by the amount of juice used. As this tells me tons. Wish everybody used this method. And using 8-12ml of juice per 3000mah is really damn good if you ask me. :)
What I also find interesting is how many mah it takes to recharge the battery.

So I started off with a fresh 20700B this morning. I'll count bottles of juice, but then also see how many mah it takes to recharge the battery. Typically running a 20700B to the check battery message in the Pulse 80 requires about 3700mah to top the battery back off.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I love measuring battery capacity by the amount of juice used. As this tells me tons. Wish everybody used this method. And using 8-12ml of juice per 3000mah is really damn good if you ask me. :)
I find measuring the battery to juice consumption is much more effective than saying how many batteries someone goes through in a day, or how many hours a battery lasts.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
It looks like the Frosted versions will include the refill bottle (Highend version) that's why it might cost a bit more than the G10 Black which doesn't include the refill bottle. I would of thought the G10 would be more highend?? Interesting...

Judging by the Pulse 80, the only difference with the high end is the inclusion of the refill bottle, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread