Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Is there any truth to the rumors that the X v2 will do 91 watts and come with a custom battery wrap?
:D

Only kidding, folks....only kidding.

stirpot.gif

LOL

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
They had better have a firmware update for the 80's. If I can get 10 hours out of an 18350 in a Provari. I should beable to go a day with a 20700 in a pulse.

I would love to see them fix the inefficiency in this mod too. It gets the worst battery life out of all the mods I own.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'm starting to see some price drops on the pulse 80watt. They must be clearing out for the new Pulse x
Yep, looks like the Pulse X (mod only) will be priced around the same range as the current Pulse 80w.

If you're not interested in the 21700 capacity of the 'X', then there should be some good prices on the original 80w soon. Vape Wild already has a sale through 9/2 for $39.99. Since VV is releasing updated firmware for the Pulse 80w around the same time the 'X' is released, I would suspect all you will be missing by getting the 80w will be the 21700 capability. I thought I saw there was going to be a wattage increase for the Pulse 80w firmware update as well, not sure. All I would ask on the Pulse 80w firmware is they try to address battery capacity issues for those of you having issues with it. Sounds like it will have feature updates as well though.

I went ahead and did a preorder on the G10 Pulse X (mod only), but will most likely continue using the 80w for now. Even running a 21700, I won't get too much out of the 21700 upgrade since I vape lower wattages and am running the Sanyo 20700B.

Heck, after a recent vacation where I vaped pods, I'm down to 24w on my Pulse/Recurve combo currently. Usually run the Recurve wide open, have it closed down and wattage down to 24w and getting a great vape. The 20700B easily gets my though a full day now. Guess after vaping MTL for a week or so, my previous vape with 30w and the Recurve wide open seemed a little ridiculous. All I have to do to fix my battery life is vape pods for a week and then go back to DTL, lol.

Last edited:

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
. Vape Wild already has a sale through 9/2 for $39.99..

That's the cheapest I've seen so far, nice find!
I love my Pulse 80, it's my going outside squonk mod. It's the lightest mod that I have. Any lighter I probably would of gone mechanical, but I'm a Temp Control guy.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
That's the cheapest I've seen so far, nice find!
I love my Pulse 80, it's my going outside squonk mod. It's the lightest mod that I have. Any lighter I probably would of gone mechanical, but I'm a Temp Control guy.
Yes, it is a great out of the house mod. It's the first thing I reach for as well. Nice and light, doesn't pull your shorts down, lol.

I love the Recurve on it, but the original 24mm caps are so heavy, it did make the Pulse feel top heavy, at least to me. I'm running the smoked black (plastic) 22mm cap on it now and it feels just perfect on the Pulse. Took the top heavy feeling away. Even better combo (to me) than it was before for going out of the house.

Have to admit though, I'm starting to get hooked on the Simple Ex. Left the house last night, and took the Simple Ex and a Justfog Minifit (as a backup) instead of the Pulse. Almost ashamed to admit it. I still don't think the Pulse has forgiven me. It's getting extra attention today :D

The Simple EX has gotten quite a few comments from other vapers. Figure becuase it's a similar size to many pod systems, but it's a squonker and takes a rebuildable RDA. Had several folks ask me about it last night. Pretty cool little mod. I would buy another Simple Ex if it weren't for the fact they are essentially 'disposable' with the built in battery. For this reason, I don't see myself buying another one unless I start using it daily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread