Vandy Vape Pulse 80W & Oumier Wasp Nano RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
Is this a good set up for a first time squonker? I've never used an rda before so I don't know what's good or what I'd even like. I like single coil builds. Would the Pulse 22 BF rda be better?

Edit: I do lots of vaping at night while The Leetle Wife is sleeping. Which one of these RDAs is quieter?

Edit: I vape around 20 watts on SS316L regular coils ohms .35 to .5. I prefer a tighter draw and I'm mostly a MTL vaper.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I like the wasp much better than the pulse 22. The wasp is easier to build on, has better flavor, and is more forgiving for a new builder. The pulse only has one big advantage, very very hard to leak from over squonking, but is hard to build on. The coil has to be just the right height, or flavor diminishes. The wasp can be a little louder than the pulse (on some reports, some people report a whistle while some dont) but on mine, they sound about the same.

• Love
Reactions: Susaz

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
I like the wasp much better than the pulse 22. The wasp is easier to build on, has better flavor, and is more forgiving for a new builder. The pulse only has one big advantage, very very hard to leak from over squonking, but is hard to build on. The coil has to be just the right height, or flavor diminishes. The wasp can be a little louder than the pulse (on some reports, some people report a whistle while some dont) but on mine, they sound about the same.

On the Wasp, how often do you have to squonk?

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
If you like mtl vaping then I wouldnt recommend the wasp... too airy... noisy too... I had two of them and sold both.. ive heard good things about the geekvape ammit mtl rda... the berserker mtl rda is harder to build on.. the vapefly galaxies might work for you too... or you could get a clone entheon,clone origin litle 16,clone viper v2 or clone chalice 3.... :)

• Agree
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
If you like mtl vaping then I wouldnt recommend the wasp... too airy... noisy too... I had two of them and sold both.. ive heard good things about the geekvape ammit mtl rda... the berserker mtl rda is harder to build on.. the vapefly galaxies might work for you too... or you could get a clone entheon,clone origin litle 16,clone viper v2 or clone chalice 3.... :)

Although I'm mostly an MTL vaper, I've never owned an MTL tank. I've been very satisfied with DTL tanks.

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
I always heard RDAs produce better flavor than RTAs so I'm hoping whichever RDA I choose, it'll be better than what I'm using now which is an OBS Engine Nano. The Engine Nano has been really good for Herrick.
I use the pulse 24 with one coil,its been good except the cap tightening up.the 5 min mark is the coil build.
nano has been good for me too.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
66836A9E-C00A-487B-B6EC-0A866F04D6D0.jpeg
For the Wasp Nano lovers how do you get it to stop whistling? I use rayon too, the pic shows the coil height. I’ve read tucking the wick tails under the coil helps & it does for a little while until the rayon settles in then it whistles Dixie :D the only way to stop the whistling with this coil height is to close off airflow to a small opening.
Thoughts anyone?

I vote for the SXK Entheon I got mine @FT. Easy to install, no fussing to get it to stop whistling, restricted DL hit. I really enjoy mine.

• Agree
Reactions: jbmcdan

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
View attachment 753059 For the Wasp Nano lovers how do you get it to stop whistling? I use rayon too, the pic shows the coil height. I’ve read tucking the wick tails under the coil helps & it does for a little while until the rayon settles in then it whistles Dixie :D the only way to stop the whistling with this coil height is to close off airflow to a small opening.
Thoughts anyone?

I vote for the SXK Entheon I got mine @FT. Easy to install, no fussing to get it to stop whistling, restricted DL hit. I really enjoy mine.
Check the top cap for sharp edges around the airflow holes, that can cause whistling sometimes. You can smooth the edges with some very light sanding. If that does not help try a slightly larger inner diameter coil.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Check the top cap for sharp edges around the airflow holes, that can cause whistling sometimes. You can smooth the edges with some very light sanding. If that does not help try a slightly larger inner diameter coil.
No sharp edges. I’ll try a 3.5mm I.d. Next as I have a 3mm I.d. In it now. Thanks!

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Thanks, maybe that’s the trick a 3.5mm coil.
I had less noise with 2.5 and 3.5 coils. 3.0 was giving slight whistles until I adjusted the airflow to around half way closed (which is where I vape it at) with the coil positioned just like what is pictured above (which is where I position all the coils in this rda).

I have a second top cap for mine that I have yet to use on the wasp (i run it on my entheon deck) that was sharp and slightly whistled until I sanded it down barely. It was sharp in the middle of the cutout, and not on the outside or inside surfaces where you could feel it with your fingers.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I had less noise with 2.5 and 3.5 coils. 3.0 was giving slight whistles until I adjusted the airflow to around half way closed (which is where I vape it at) with the coil positioned just like what is pictured above (which is where I position all the coils in this rda).

I have a second top cap for mine that I have yet to use on the wasp (i run it on my entheon deck) that was sharp and slightly whistled until I sanded it down barely. It was sharp in the middle of the cutout, and not on the outside or inside surfaces where you could feel it with your fingers.
Of course I chose the 3mm id :D thanks I’ll give the 2.5 or 3.5mm a shot. Yes if I close off the af half way it stops whistling. I don’t feel sharpness any where on the airflow opening. Thanks for the help :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread