Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hiya,

It has been a while, a squonk mod for review. Throughout the current pod and pod-mod madness it is always nice receiving something else. This time the Vandy Vape Pulse 2, an upgraded version of the original Pulse, a very appreciated squonk-mod.

The kit has been sent to me by Sourcemore for the purpose of this review, thank you for that! Good news is that I received a very interesting discount code that can get you this kit for just 37$, will mention the link and code at the end of this review.

Specifications:

1. Compatible with single 21700/20700/18650 battery
2. PCBA waterproof design for easy removement of e-juice stain and dust
3. Features refined shape and ergonomics
4. Adopts type-C fast charging port
5. Monitored by an upgraded Vandy Vape chip with 95W max power
6. Supports 6 functions: Power Mode, Bypass Mode, Voltage Mode, TC-NI Mode, TC-SS Mode and TC-TI Mode
7. Provides 6 protections: Short Circuit Protection, Over-heating Protection, Low Battery Warning, Open Circuit Protection, 10 Seconds Cut-off, Overcurrent Protection
8. Leakproof squonk system and bottom fill bottle keeping it directly in line with 510

More in-depth specs can be found here > Vandy Vape Pulse V2 Mod BF 95W Box Mod Single 21700/20700/18650 or here > Pulse V2 BF 95W Box Mod | VANDY VAPE® Full Steam Ahead

Packaging:

1*Pulse II
2*Instruction Manual
1*Warranty Card
1*QC Type-C USB Cable
1*Proper User Guidance
1*18650 Battery Adaptor
2*Squonk Bottle

Review:

Let me start by saying it is a very beautiful and lightweight squonk mod. The resin panels on both side give it a nice finish and you are able to separately purchase other panels in case you want to change your style for one day.

With its rounded edges it is a very comfortable hold in the hand, and the resin panels give it a proper grip. Both side panels can be taken off and when on the mod they sit very flush and are kept in place

strongly with magnets, no wiggling at all. Good they allowed for both panels to come off, in this way you can push the battery out from the other side, much easier.

All buttons feel very proper and the fire-button is nice in use. No rattling from the buttons and they have a very nice click to it and are very responsive.

All branding is carver in and left in the same color as the frame, not disturbing. On the back side of the device VANDY VAPE is carved in and next to the squonk bottle PULSE II. Under the panel on the opposite side of the bottle it says a TonyB Project, Manufactured by Vandy Vape, but that’s it with the branding really.

Very well thought of fill system it has on the bottom, it looks like a battery cap but actually reveals a massive opening to fill your squonk bottle from the bottom, just make sure your RDA is not full of liquid when turning around the mod, or even better, just take off the RDA while filling. This bottom cap also allows you to pull out the squonk bottle for cleaning and replacing purposes. There is some magnetic action going on

Squonk bottle is well accessible for squonking. It has a nice restrictiveness to it, and it does not over squonk your RDA easily, it transfers the liquid in the exact correct amount and properly sucks back the liquid into the bottle. Since the ‘rod’ is placed all the way of the bottom of the bottle it squonks out almost every single last drop of liquid. Have not experienced any leaking issue from the bottom fill nor bottle.

The pre-installed dark bottle is quite dark, but still you can see the liquid level, they included a spare more transparent bottle in case you prefer. 8ml is maybe not the largest squonk bottle out there, but it does the job, filling is made so easy it does not really matter.

It is a 21700 squonk mod which is always a major pro, the adapter also allows for 18650 batteries to be used. Have to say the adapter looks really nice, all small details help. Batteries click well into place and do not rattle.

A very strong feature of this mod is that the chipset is made waterproof, so if your mod for whatever reason would fall in water, it will probably only destroy your battery, but not your mod.

Now the system, it has a lot of setting options and this mod can also be connected through Bluetooth to your phone if the Vandy Vape app is installed, very cool. On the app you can basically set the settings like on the device, wattage settings, TC settings, Curves and so on. Another cool feature is that you have 'Find my device', when using this option on the app your device will make a sound in case you lost it. Is this all necessary? No, but it is very innovative and can come in very handy for some. Or in case you want to mess around with someone by suddenly pushing the wattage to max while he is trying your vape.

On the device itself there is lots of things to go through. By holding the up and down button you get into this large menu. One of the coolest things you can do is select what type of vaping modes you want to have on your mod, for example; you are not into bypass or TC, you can deselect it. Also, you can adjust brightness, change hibernate timing, reset puff counter, change between 6 color UI’s, see the version and serial number, receive a QR code to download the app and finally reset the device. Very nice to have so much control over a device.

Overall the screen is large enough and bright enough. All necessary details are shown on the main screen, and even a puff counter with Six digits! Not sure who will survive taking 999.999 puffs, but its better than having only three digits

Clicking the fire-button three times on the main screen allows the user to scroll between the different modes (which the user has selected in the settings menu), VW, TC, Bypass and so on. Click the fire-button 4 times brings you into a selection list where you can select preset vaping curve types, for example Normal, S, H, DHL, MTL and App (which means app-controlled curve).

I’ve been using this Squonk-mod with the Vandy Vape BSKR V2 MTL RDA and the Augvape Druga 2 RDA. With both RDA’s the Pulse V2 just works very well, no matter if you vape at 15W or 95W the squonker just keeps up well and fires up quickly. Especially like using this with a MTL RDA, battery life and juice capacity for a loooooong time.

Conclusion:

A very nice and really well performing squonk-mod, I don’t really have any cons to mention here. It does what it needs to do very well, it squonks the perfect amount of juice, has an easy fill system, a mod that covers more than regular and just a very properly designed mod.

Really love the fact I can switch of the modes I am not using and in this way being able to customize my mod, very well thought of. Ability to connect to app is innovative but not required in my opinion.

I have no doubt recommending the Pulse V2 to anyone that is into squonking and is looking for a 21700-single battery squonker. It pairs well with any RDA on top, MTL or DTL, it does not matter.

As mentioned, Sourcemore provided me with a special discount code which gives you a very attractive discount. Go to the link > Vandy Vape Pulse V2 Mod BF 95W Box Mod Single 21700/20700/18650 and add to your cart, later on during check-out add discount code VVP and enjoy a proper discount.

Thank you for reading, take care,

SP013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread