Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Hi again, everybody! Today I have the Vandy vape Pyro V4 RDTA which sourcemore sent me for the purpose of this review.
DSC_5235.JPG

Previously, I reviewed the Pyro V2 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The V4 offers the same great flavor and vapor production but is easier to use.

DSC_5236 (2).JPG

In the box you get:

• 1 x Pyro V4 RDTA

• 1 x Coil Leg Guide

• 1 x Pyrex Glass Tube

• 1 x Accessory Bag

• 1 x User Manual

• 2 x Triple Fused Clapton coils 0.41 ohm
DSC_5239.JPG

Included in the accessories is a squonk pin. I haven’t used it yet because the 5ml tank is plenty, but I’m glad to have it and surely will put it to use.

The reason I said this version is easier to use than the V2 is this cap is blank inside. It has no posts to match up with holes in the deck, it just pops right on any old way. And the nice chunky knurling on top makes it super easy to adjust the airflow. Plus this deck is very roomy. It probably would do alright with a single coil, but I feel like dual coils are really the way to go here, unless you like a monster coil.

This one is a side fill, and the port is one of those really tiny ones, so you will need a needle-nosed bottle to fill it. That’s not my favorite thing, but it does work well and I’ve had no leaking.
DSC_5245 (2).JPG

There are two large air holes, and it closes down surprisingly tightly. The cap spin is firm, and I do not have any unintentional adjustments. Very nice, smooth air, even fully open. The air comes in through the sides, under the deck, and completely surrounds the coils from all sides and below. The deck is postless and the screws are big, beefy Phillips heads. Super easy to put coils in. And at 25.5mm wide, there’s plenty of room. I’ve got two 3.0mm ID coils in it and they’re not crowded at all.

DSC_5242 (2).JPG

The included coil guide is marked at 8mm. That seemed extreme to me so I cut mine at 6.5. I now think 8mm would have been fine, as there is a lot of clearance in the cap. But I’m getting a very satisfying amount of flavor and vapor as-is, and I think it’s a little cooler with the extra distance.

I can’t find anything to dislike about this RDTA. What some might call cons can be someone else’s pro. I mean, it’s wide. It won’t fit on every mod. But the width allows for it to hold a reasonable amount of juice without being quite a bit taller – unlike some RDTAs, the V4 looks pretty proportionate. And I’m not a fan of the tiny side fill, but it does work just fine without leaking, and eliminates the need for cap posts to plug deckside fill holes. It doesn’t have wicking rods, which I do like, but that do make it more fiddly to assemble, and also take up valuable juice real estate. So if it needs a little swish once in a while that’s not a deal-breaker for me. I haven’t gotten any dry hits.

If you’d like to try The Pyro V4 for yourself, use the code PV4R to get it for $20.59 at Sourcemore.

Thanks, Sourcemore, for the opportunity to review the Vandy Vape Pyro V4!

Attachments

• DSC_5235.JPG
    DSC_5235.JPG
    876.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_5236 (2).JPG
    DSC_5236 (2).JPG
    896.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_5239.JPG
    DSC_5239.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC_5242 (2).JPG
    DSC_5242 (2).JPG
    663.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_5245 (2).JPG
    DSC_5245 (2).JPG
    991 KB · Views: 7

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Great review!

I really dislike the very small side fill ports so I use tweezers to pull out the wicking tails on one side and fill through that opening.

I think I was most surprised at how restrictive it was. I do like a lot of air at times but even wide open I was expecting more air and not so tight. As you said that’s subjective.

The quality is perfect and is made well. I just kinda wish I hadn’t bought two.

Reactions: hittman

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Great review!

I really dislike the very small side fill ports so I use tweezers to pull out the wicking tails on one side and fill through that opening.

I think I was most surprised at how restrictive it was. I do like a lot of air at times but even wide open I was expecting more air and not so tight. As you said that’s subjective.

The quality is perfect and is made well. I just kinda wish I hadn’t bought two.

I know I have an atty or two that is more open. Can’t think of which ones right now lol. This one is pretty much the same as the other RDTAs I have, some RDAs I think are less restrictive, but a lot of RTAs are more so.

Reactions: Fidola13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread