Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

A tiny single coil rda this time, the new Vandy vape Requiem. What makes this rda special is the interchangeable airflow caps of which you get three (DTL, RDL and MTL).

Thank you Vandy Vape for sending me this RDA for the purpose of this review.

Specifications:

Packaging:

1x Requiem RDA
1x 2.5mm coil rod
1x Spare Parts Bag
3x Different airflow hoods
1x Instruction manual
2x Fused Clapton Coil 0.26ohm

Review:

Have to say that the packaging is well presented and looks gorgeous. One thing I am missing in the packaging is some cotton, would have been nice if it was included as well.

It is a 22mm tiny RDA that consists of three main parts, the build deck, chamber and airflow cap. Next to that you get a beauty ring which extends the base to 24mm while on top of a mod. It is also very low profile which will help with the flavor on this RDA.

Cannot say anything negative about the esthetics of this RDA, it looks very beautiful, premium like. All parts come apart easily for building and cleaning purposes. Love the color I received with its matt finish and it just gets even better with the beauty ring installed. On the RDA you have the Requiem logo nicely carved in on the chamber and ‘REQUEIM’ written in very tiny letters on the airflow cap. Branding looks even good and is not disturbing.

Three airflow caps made out of Ultem and the Ultem-color give it an even more premium look. The MTL and RDL cap have a 510 drip-tip and the DTL an 810 drip-tip. Even though the drip-tips look very nice, they are too short for me on all caps. I understand they wanted to keep it short as it looks better, but especially the DTL 810 one is way to short for me. Good news is that you can use any of your own drip-tips.

In the beginning I thought I had to twist the airflow cap to adjust the airflow, but on this RDA you actually need to turn the chamber as the airflow caps are locked onto the build-deck. O-rings on the airflow cap and build deck are a bit too tight onto the chamber making it hard to adjust the airflow, need some patience here by not turning it with force, but softly and slowly. Forget about adjusting the airflow in a counterclockwise turn, it is so tight you unscrew the whole RDA.

When putting the airflow cap onto the RDA you need to be careful as you cannot put it every direction. On each airflow cap there is build in airflow ‘guiders’ that need to align with the ramps on the build-deck. If you put it on the wrong way the guiders can deform your cotton, so you need to kind of eyeball putting the cap on.

Overall, the airflow system is well-thought of, because of the airflow guiders being diagonally placed it is very hard to oversquonk and have liquid leaving the RDA through the airflow. MTL cap simply has one tiny hole, the RDL has two holes and the DTL has one large opening. For me this RDA is not an MTL RDA, it is possible to get close to a very tight draw, but I don’t like the turbulent sound that it produces, MTL should be silent in my opinion. Both the RDL and DTL airflow sound much smoother and no whistling or turbulence from them.

This build-deck is extremely thin, never saw such a thin build-deck before. This helps with the esthetics again, but one problem is that it does not have such thing as a juice-well. I’ve been using it on a squonk-mod and as a dripper, and in my opinion this RDA is not ideal for dripping. It takes 2-3 hits to get a dry hit simply because there is no juice reserve on this RDA. On a squonk-mod it is more comfortable not having to carry a bottle around when out of home and squonking is also in my opinion the best way to use this RDA.

Since this deck is so thin and it only has a bit under 22mm the screws on the build-deck look very beefy, and they are very proper big screws which really help in getting your coil fastened onto the deck with no issues. There is plenty of space behind the screw for a short clip of the coil-legs. You won’t go any larger on this deck than 3mm, that is because of the airflow-cap guiders touching the coil if it is too large. Nobody likes a plastic draw.

While wicking you need to keep your cotton very short, there is simply not much space to put your cotton, wicking holes are very shallow. I find the best place to cut your cotton is straight in line with the build deck.

Love the vape of this little tiny monster. I mainly like the DTL and RDL airflow cap, for me MTL is also performing well, but the airflow is not of my liking. Flavor is outstanding and I would have been surprised if it was not, it is such a tiny RDA.

Conclusion:

Once you get used to using this RDA it is a real little super-performer. With getting used I mean the airflow control and the putting the caps on.

Easy to build, flavor is great, and it just looks very beautiful, especially with the beauty ring installed. Don’t expect large clouds from this one, but dense flavorful ones instead.

MTL could have been better in my opinion, airflow is not the way I like it. Not a dripper in my opinion, unless you don’t mind dripping very frequently. Fits very well with a squonk-mod. If you are not into short drip-tips then the ones in the kit are not going to be comfortable.

I recommend this RDA for those that are looking for a tiny single coil RDA that delivers and looks great.

More information can be found here: Requiem RDA | VANDY VAPE® Full Steam Ahead

Thank you for reading and have a wonderful time with your beloved ones during Christmas, because that is what counts.

Take care,

Sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread