Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here's a side by side with the Squeeze/Ammit combo.

20180827_145927-jpg.763185

Holy Flinkering Snit!

That is Down Right Tiny compared to a Pico Squeeze. And the Pico Squeeze ain't exactly Humongous.

LOL

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
Thanks for the side by side pic with the Squeeze. That’s what I wanted to see from the moment I heard of the Simple.

Looking at the pic I really think it would be To small for me. The Squeeze fits good in the hand, and is easy to use. The simple just looks to small to be able to use easily.

Great write up!

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
probably best to use a different mtl RDA that doesn't cook the e-liquid?

Yeah, I kind of think I get what Vic is saying, but why would you need to run it at 4.2v or higher if you are restricting the airflow that small? Less airflow, turn down the voltage right? Maybe I'm missing something here and oversimplifying it.

I'm currently running it on the 4th hold from the right, only running 3.3v, sometimes 3.6v and it's a great vape.

I tightened the airflow down as he suggested. Next smallest hole (third from the right) is about as small as I would ever MTL. Still at 3.3 or 3.6v, heats up some, vapes great, no cooking juice.

I mean if you get to a point where you've restricted the airflow more and more, why not reduce the voltage?

He also mentioned about not going over 1.2 ohms. Why? My current build is a great vape at 1.5 ohm, I'm thinking of going to 1.8 ohm with the next coil. I was originally planning on starting at 1.2ohm and higher, possibly even up to 2 ohm. Perhaps higher resistance would contribute to cooking the juice without sufficient airflow too, at least at a given voltage?

Just seems to me that between changing the resistance, voltage applied, and airflow, you can avoid 'cooking the juice'?

I'm enjoying mine so much, I actually left my Pulse/Recurve home last night and took the Simple EX out when I left the house.

I guess I'm just trying to understand what he's saying and more specifically why it's a problem with the design of the RDA.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
I went ahead and bought one about a week ago from VaporDNA. Ive been using it the last few days. Im using the included prebuilt 1.2ohm coil wicked with rayon at 4.2V, using Cubano nic salt, AF setting on the 3rd largest hole.

Simple EX is the right name for this thing. Its very simple, and at least using the prebuilt coils I think a beginner could jump right in with no issues.

Using it at work the battery lasted me two full work days before I needed to charge it but thats only 8-10 hours a day and not chain vaping. The bottle was at about half full after the first day so I filled it back up before work the next day. No issues there. Ive had no leaks or dry hits.

Its performed great from the start. Flavor and throat hit are perfect for me. I started out using the clear topper so I could monitor the wicking but with no issues there I moved onto the metal topper with my own drip tip.

$50 still seems high for something that looks and feels cheap but this thing performs better than higher priced squonkers.

The only con for me would be is it too small? Thats a legit question. Ive accidentally hit the VV buttons up or down a couple times. It didnt impact anything and there may be a way to lock the screen but as its worked so well I havent even bothered to look into it.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
Broke down and got one of these. My original Squeezes we’re getting pretty beat up. Ends up the Simple EX is awesome for me. Good hit, good battery life, goes in shirt pocket or even a watch pocket on jeans with ease. Lite, good build quality, and easy to use. Only negative for me is you can’t lock the plus/minus buttons.

I vape no flavor 48mg nic salt, with a 1.2 ohm simple coil, perfect. Okay second negative is I hate the build deck. But since my coils last at least three months, I can live with it.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Yeah, I kind of think I get what Vic is saying, but why would you need to run it at 4.2v or higher if you are restricting the airflow that small? Less airflow, turn down the voltage right? Maybe I'm missing something here and oversimplifying it.

I'm currently running it on the 4th hold from the right, only running 3.3v, sometimes 3.6v and it's a great vape.

I tightened the airflow down as he suggested. Next smallest hole (third from the right) is about as small as I would ever MTL. Still at 3.3 or 3.6v, heats up some, vapes great, no cooking juice.

I mean if you get to a point where you've restricted the airflow more and more, why not reduce the voltage?

He also mentioned about not going over 1.2 ohms. Why? My current build is a great vape at 1.5 ohm, I'm thinking of going to 1.8 ohm with the next coil. I was originally planning on starting at 1.2ohm and higher, possibly even up to 2 ohm. Perhaps higher resistance would contribute to cooking the juice without sufficient airflow too, at least at a given voltage?

Just seems to me that between changing the resistance, voltage applied, and airflow, you can avoid 'cooking the juice'?

I'm enjoying mine so much, I actually left my Pulse/Recurve home last night and took the Simple EX out when I left the house.

I guess I'm just trying to understand what he's saying and more specifically why it's a problem with the design of the RDA.
u should know why vaping with vic getting less and less viewer, i used to like his review but his ego getting bigger, i stop from there.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Agree, the build deck on the included RDA isn't the greatest, but only replaced the coil on mine once so far. If you wind your own, do yourself a favor and wind them counter-clockwise if using the Simple EX RDA. ;)

My main complaint with it is with the finish quality. Mine has lost a lot of the finish in the front near the 510. Have to admit I've dropped it several times though. Don't think that caused the finish to chip, but it's easy to scratch off if you just let it flop around in your pocket like I do. Plastic screen also scratches easily, but hey, it's not a high end device.

So mine looks 'used' for sure, but I have been using it pretty much daily since I got it. Just in a phase where carrying this and a Minifit (backup) has been really nice. I'll probably go back to a larger device when the mood strikes.

Reactions: stols001

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
u should know why vaping with vic getting less and less viewer, i used to like his review but his ego getting bigger, i stop from there.
Vaping with Vic is an idiot....he treats his audience like they are stupid..keeps repeating himself as if you didnt hear it the first time he said it... is sometimes completely wrong in the things he says... and loves drama too much... dont like his reviews they bore the crap out of me... lol...

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
Ya I mean they built it for nic salts. You can use it with low mg free base but it’s aimed at higher mg nic salts. Nobodies trying to push 8v through a 1.5 ohm coil at 50mg.

I’m going to break down and buy one of these soon I think. The Orion is great but I just hate the idea of pod systems so much. I bought another squonker that is not this to try to vape salts with but I’ll probably come back to this thing.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
@diagrammatiks - I only vape 48mg no flavor nic salts now, and get great performance with my Inbox and Squeeze 2. I use my old Speed Revolutions as toppers with 1.2 - 1.5 Simple coils.

I got the Simple EX for bike riding ( ride my bicycle 100+ miles a week) and general out of the house use. Very pleased as it does exactly what I wanted it to do. In reality, I could easily live with it as my only mod. When the prices come down, I will get at least one more.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Ya I mean they built it for nic salts. You can use it with low mg free base but it’s aimed at higher mg nic salts. Nobodies trying to push 8v through a 1.5 ohm coil at 50mg.

I’m going to break down and buy one of these soon I think. The Orion is great but I just hate the idea of pod systems so much. I bought another squonker that is not this to try to vape salts with but I’ll probably come back to this thing.
i bought pod system for stealth vape only, not regular vape, that how my 2ml juice and battery last for weeks :p

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
i bought pod system for stealth vape only, not regular vape, that how my 2ml juice and battery last for weeks :p
I use a pod system from travel, or as a daily carry/backup device. Primarily the Minifit and the Nova. They work great for that. Even for an ADV when travelling, two devices and a pod last me all day without having to charge.

The Simple EX isn't a pod system by any means. It's a VERY small squonk, completely different than a pod system. Since I got mine, it's gotten more use than my Pulse, Recurve, or any of my 'full size' systems combined. I've got the Squeeze OG which I like too. The Simple Ex is a great ADV though, especially for higher strength freebase or salts.

I've been vaping DTL for years but the Simple Ex has gotten me back into MTL. Been picking up some other MTL RDAs and RDTs for my full size devices. Didn't realize I was missing anything until I tried it again. The Simple Ex is a great little device for this, although a little pricey for what it is.

I keep picking up my Pulse, Recurve, Squeeze 2, etc and always end up with the Simple Ex in my hand within an hour or two of waking up. Small and very convenient to pocket. I never have to go looking for where I left my device in the house, the Simple Ex is always with me. Out and about, it's even better. I don't even realize I have it with me most of the time until I need a vape and reach for it.

Maybe I'll go back to my other devices more now that the weather is cooling down and I'll have jacket pockets that easily hold a larger device. I never realized how large even my single battery squonks were to carry around until I got used to the Simple Ex. ;)

If you are active a lot, especially outside the house, you can't beat the Simple Ex if you're a squonker. Mine has seen a LOT of yard work since I got it.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I use a pod system from travel, or as a daily carry/backup device. Primarily the Minifit and the Nova. They work great for that. Even for an ADV when travelling, two devices and a pod last me all day without having to charge.

The Simple EX isn't a pod system by any means. It's a VERY small squonk, completely different than a pod system. Since I got mine, it's gotten more use than my Pulse, Recurve, or any of my 'full size' systems combined. I've got the Squeeze OG which I like too. The Simple Ex is a great ADV though, especially for higher strength freebase or salts.

I've been vaping DTL for years but the Simple Ex has gotten me back into MTL. Been picking up some other MTL RDAs and RDTs for my full size devices. Didn't realize I was missing anything until I tried it again. The Simple Ex is a great little device for this, although a little pricey for what it is.

I keep picking up my Pulse, Recurve, Squeeze 2, etc and always end up with the Simple Ex in my hand within an hour or two of waking up. Small and very convenient to pocket. I never have to go looking for where I left my device in the house, the Simple Ex is always with me. Out and about, it's even better. I don't even realize I have it with me most of the time until I need a vape and reach for it.

Maybe I'll go back to my other devices more now that the weather is cooling down and I'll have jacket pockets that easily hold a larger device. I never realized how large even my single battery squonks were to carry around until I got used to the Simple Ex. ;)

If you are active a lot, especially outside the house, you can't beat the Simple Ex if you're a squonker. Mine has seen a LOT of yard work since I got it.

don't go that far (i don't want to buy new mod so soon)..... i dint buy any mod for 2 week :p i have little plan for RSQ squonk, wanted it for long but still not pull that trigger (actually i did pull but seller have no stock and send me fuchai squonk which died month later) ....

Last edited:

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
@SonnyCooL - since I use 48mg nic salts with a 1.5 ohm coil, the 4ml juice outlasts the battery. But, the battery last two days or more depending on use. The battery literally charges from 1 bar to full in 1 hour, and you can vape while it charges.

I’m not a fan of Vandy Vape products, but this one is a solid kit. I vaped the same juice/coil setup on my original Squeeze, but the Simple works better. I have also tried 2 different pod systems the past year, and the Simple blows them away.

I also run the same juice/coil setup on my Squeeze 2 at 8.5 watts. It’s good, but the Simple is just as good, and a whole lot easier to carry around. I run the Simple at 3.3 volts, sometimes 3.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread