The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

VANDY VAPE SUPERFINE MTL SPECIALTY WIRE

Discussion in 'Wick and Wire' started by john1211, Feb 7, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. john1211

john1211 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Troy, NY
    Anyone tried this as MTL coil build? If so, how did it work and what ID, Wraps and wattage did you use?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. socalsailor

socalsailor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2015
    Seal Beach, CA
    I used some in a Kayfun Prime, 5 wraps, 2.5mm ID, spaced slightly. It came out around .6-.65 ohm, ran at about 20W. It's pretty good flavor wise, but it's rough on cotton in that tiny chamber. Worth a shot, in my opinion, just maybe not in a miniscule chamber like a KF Prime.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Celt1

Celt1 Senior Member Verified Member

Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    I have some coming, will let you know my experience with it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chodi

Chodi Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2016
    I have both version and have had a little time try try them both in various rta's. The ss version is much easier to work with and can be used in tc. The Ni80 version produces amazing flavor but is much more difficult to coil as it is very soft. The Ni80 cannot be used in tc but has given me excellent results in the short time I have owned it. I saw the comment above about the Kayfun Prime. I have one and will get around to trying the ss version in that at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Celt1

Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    There has been some discussion in the doggystyle atty thread on using this wire, but I figured I'd come back here to post my experiences as promised. My thanks to Chodi for motivating me to get back to actually experimenting with this wire.

I used the Ni80 version today to make a 6 wrap 2.5 mm contact coil. It came out to about 0.8 Ohms. This went into a SXK Prime clone wicked with Rayon and filled with Dewberry Fruit by Kilo. I've really enjoyed this liquid in the OBS Crius II, which gives great flavor. Even though they are completely different styles of tanks and builds, I wanted to compare the flavor they produced, side by side.

Powered up at 18 Watts in wattage mode on a Paranormal 75C. No spitting (no surprise as I really have not gotten spitting with any build in these Primes) or gurgles. Bumped it up to 20 Watts, and this really brought things to an excellent level.

The flavor really comes through in both, but I would say this coil does excellent in the Prime. I think my next build will be a spaced coil with the same wire in a Prime, and see how that does. Perhaps with a more challenging liquid in terms of getting the best flavor out of it such as Castle Long or Black Flag Risen. I also need to get the SS version of this wire in the mix!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. sk25411

sk25411 Super Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I have the SS and Ni80 of this wire, got off eBay for 6.99 shipped.

I’ve had success using both in an Innokin Ares, sxk doggystyle, and berserker RDA.

I have found, for good results, the watts needs to be @20-24w for my builds. I enjoy the vape, but it does lead to increased juice consumption and battery drain.

I haven’t tried TC yet with the SS version. Do the coils need to be spaced to use in TC? Might be an issue with the smaller decks on the doggy and berserker rda.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chodi

Sep 10, 2016
    If you check back a few posts you will see my photo of an sxk doggy with Ni80 superfine spaced coil. I tried the ss version on my Ares without spacing and it would not work properly in tc. I did not have time to go back and use the same wire space in the Ares yet. I did take out the one that won't work as I only use tc with the Ares. I took two minutes to put a simple 26g 304ss coil in the Ares and use tc. I also posted a picture of the ss superfine spaced in my Skyline and that works perfectly in tc. The Skyline really loves that wire.

Sorry I got confused about threads. The photos are in the Doggystyle thread.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Celt1

Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    Tried a 2.5 mm 6 wrap SS coil of Superfine today, came out at .52 Ohms. As low as I would want to go in a Prime tank I think, it is spaced. Very good results using TC set at 20 watts and 430 F with the paranormal. Best outcome with Black Flag Risen so far.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chodi

Sep 10, 2016
    Thanks for the info. I haven't tried it in my Kayfun Prime yet now I will give it a go. Good report thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  10. sk25411

sk25411 Super Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Posted this in the berserker thread as well, maybe someone here has input?

For the life of me, I cannot get a spaced coil with the vandyvape superfine mtl SS316 to fit in this. It ends up being way too long at 5/6 wraps (6 is my preferred).

I’m not too experienced with TC yet. Would it matter if I make a 4 wrap coil? That would put the ohms real low, I usually end up at .55 with 6 wraps.

I guess if I use TC at 400, and just have the wattage at 20w, it would still be similar? I think I’m getting caught up in the ohms, I don’t know.

Hope that makes sense? Thanks!

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Chodi

Sep 10, 2016
    I don't own the Berserker. I understand that the supplied coil that comes with it is the Ni80 version of this superfine wire. You can't use that in tc (you probably knew that). I managed to get 6 wraps spaced in the Doggystyle deck which is probably about as small as the Berserker but not owning one, I can't say for sure.

I would not advise going much under .5ohms in that small chamber as it will cause too much heat. That's just my opinion I have seen Busardo use some really low ohm builds in his videos saying it just doesn't matter in tc. I think there is a limit to that theory but that is not science only conjecture.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sk25411

sk25411 Super Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    @Chodi the doggy is much easier than the berserker to build on imo.

I have a wonderful spaced, VV superfine SS in one of mine right now!

The berserker deck has these “walls” right outside the screws, so it traps the wire, but it distorts it when I’m trying to put this particular coil in. They also go in “upside down” because of the way the airflow and deck are constructed.

Right now I have a VV superfine ni80 in there, contact, and it’s a nice vape, so I’m not TOO worried, I can make it work. I just like the SS version in TC on a doggy and wanted to replicate it.

Still waiting on my vt inbox from fasttech, so I have time to figure it out!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Celt1

Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    I like both the Ni80 and SS versions so far, but as I am trending toward TC, using SS makes it easier by not having to remember which tanks have NI80 coils, and needing to switch the mod to wattage mode.

14. Chodi

Sep 10, 2016
    I have thought about pushing the "buy" button on the Berserker many times but the very limited airflow keeps scaring me off it. I vape mtl but there is a limit to my interest in sucking a golf ball through a straw. I understand the hole is 1.4mm which is even small than the sxk Doggy? That would be too tight for me. The sxk doggy is right on the edge for me.

I'm curious, how many watts are you driving your sxk Doggy with that Ni80 coil? On mine I find 10w comfortable.

15. Celt1

Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    Oh, sorry, my builds are all in KF Primes or Siren 2's, or a Crius 2 right now. I do have Doggystyles somewhere between China and my house coming from both FastTech and 3Vape, but no joy yet.. I've no Berserker either, nor do I plan on getting one at this point.

16. sk25411

sk25411 Super Member

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    @Chodi I run the ni80 coils in the doggy, .7ish ohms, @16-17w. (@3.8-4v).

17. Chodi

Sep 10, 2016
    Thanks for the info. I like a warm vape but I tried your suggested 16w on one of my doggies with the Ni80 at .79ohm and it is a very HOT vape. Too hot for me. Almost burned me. Only way I can see that is if you are taking a very quick hit. If you draw for 2 seconds at that setting it is going to get really HOT. Unless I am doing something wrong (can't imagine what watts are watts). Are you using Rayon?

18. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2017
    I'm using the Ni80 coil that came with the Berserker in the Berserker at 7.7W right now (R=.68Ω)

19. guvnaa

guvnaa Full Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Space
    Been running this in my doggies, siren2 and skyline. I find it suits larger tanks better with the higher heat flux and wattage to get it going. Got a 5 wrap in my doggy running at 16~w and it's good. But in my skyline and siren at 6-7 wrap 2.6id they really sing around 18+w. It's a warmish vape but very flavorful. Thats my inexperienced with fancy wire $0.02 anyway.

edit; numbers

20. FichoZG

FichoZG Full Member

May 19, 2017
    Croatia
    On Vandy Vape website, there are some other Superfine MTL wires that are apparently not available for purchase (at least I haven't seen them anywhere). Pic :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    link: Vape Wires | VANDY VAPE

I'm interested in the 6th one, wonder if we'll see them soon.
    #1 (Ni80) and #2 (SS316L) are the ones which you can buy currently.