VANDY VAPE SUPERFINE MTL SPECIALTY WIRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I just ordered a roll of the 316ss, 30gage to play with for when my Berserker rda gets here. I'm a mtl vapor, and really curious about this wire.
The reason they include the Ni80 version is that it will produce a higher resistance than the ss version. In that little Berserker chamber I bet it will get really HOT. Same issue on the Doggy which is why I switched to the Ni80 version on my Doggy. I first tried the ss superfine in the Doggy and it was way to hot for me even trying tc.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Phenomenal vape right here.

C9703DA1-A14C-40D0-93CE-B01282874454.jpeg
758AD2CC-537A-4722-B8CF-B8EE0276E971.jpeg

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
I don't MTL but like a very restricted DTL hit - hoping this will fit my needs well as I've ordered a spool for tomorrow. Realised that whilst I can taste the difference between fused claptons and standard wire I barely notice a difference with any more exotic builds so I can't really justify buying pre made fancy things any longer!

Reactions: Celt1

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
Thanks for the info. I like a warm vape but I tried your suggested 16w on one of my doggies with the Ni80 at .79ohm and it is a very HOT vape. Too hot for me. Almost burned me. Only way I can see that is if you are taking a very quick hit. If you draw for 2 seconds at that setting it is going to get really HOT. Unless I am doing something wrong (can't imagine what watts are watts). Are you using Rayon?
VV Superfine SS Clapton, with 7 wraps at 2 mm for .57 Ohms has been working well with a variety of E-liquids, either using TC or Wattage modes. In Wattage, depending on the E-Liquid, I am finding a range anywhere from 12 to 16 Watts to do well. I need to order another coil of this stuff soon.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I don't MTL but like a very restricted DTL hit - hoping this will fit my needs well as I've ordered a spool for tomorrow. Realised that whilst I can taste the difference between fused claptons and standard wire I barely notice a difference with any more exotic builds so I can't really justify buying pre made fancy things any longer!
Just curious, what tanks are you going to try with this wire?

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
Tried 2 strands in parallel and couldn't get them in the posts properly so I twisted them together and it was pretty nice but lacking the power I want when put on a mech mod. Removed one wrap and it was better ramp up but the flavour wasn't quite as nice. Furthermore, these were built using a 3mm drill bit and I thought there was quite a bit more space available as the wire is so much thinner than my previous builds.

Twisted together three strands of the SS wire, 6 wraps around a 3.5mmish allen key - after much fiddling to get it in the reload without shorting (a pain in the bum but worth it on this rda) and firing it up I have to say it tastes pretty great and wicks absolutely superbly. Takes a while to cool down fully as you'd expect but overall I'm pretty happy with it - same level of flavour as previously bought pre-made exotic builds but without the pricetag. I used up quite a bit of the spool fiddling around though but now I know what build I want in there it should work out a lot cheaper long term :)

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I’ve got the ni80 and SS on the way to play with. Was gonna make 2.5mm coils for the rda berserker. Anyone have experience with spacing it as opposed to contact builds? Pro/cons? I can do TC with the stainless I guess
The Ni80 is so springy you can't avoid making spaced coils. I found a simple trick to get the coil into shape. Apply some heat, not much required, and use ceramic tweezers to shape the coil. That is the only way I can imagine making a contact coil out of that stuff. I was able to get a perfect spaced coil with the Ni80 doing that. The SS clapton is much easier to work with and not hard at all to pull a little and push back to make a perfect spaced coil. I find the Ni80 version produces lots of vapor with great flavor. The SS version is also very good but about what I would expect from a clapton in this range. I use them both and like them both.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Okay, I haven’t messed with the ni80 yet, but the SS seems to defy all my attempts at making any sort of reasonable coil, tight or spaced. I have no coil jigs or anything, just been using a 2.5mm rod.
I also use a rod no coil jig although I own several. This wire does not lend itself to twisting with one of those jigs. I just pull it tight around the rod a few too many turns. Then I pull it tight with some pliers just to get it really snug. After I grab the end with my finger nail and pull while it is still on the rod. Then I push it back until it springs into a spaced coil I am satisfied with. Finally, I grab the ends with pliers. pull and take out 1 or more turns. Sometimes I do this to both side to make it uniform. Since I am going to use it in temperature control I don't worry about the ohms I just build to the size of the deck. Works every time.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I also use a rod no coil jig although I own several. This wire does not lend itself to twisting with one of those jigs. I just pull it tight around the rod a few too many turns. Then I pull it tight with some pliers just to get it really snug. After I grab the end with my finger nail and pull while it is still on the rod. Then I push it back until it springs into a spaced coil I am satisfied with. Finally, I grab the ends with pliers. pull and take out 1 or more turns. Sometimes I do this to both side to make it uniform. Since I am going to use it in temperature control I don't worry about the ohms I just build to the size of the deck. Works every time.
Exactly! We must stumble in the same direction. ;)

Electro108

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2016
I did the “pulled tight method”. Made more wraps than I needed, then pulled out then compressed like you suggested. I unraveled til I got the width right. This seems the best. I pulsed while in TC a few times and squeezed. Maybe not the prettiest, but did work, so thank you for that maneuver. SS Claptons are pretty nice I must say. 2.5 id, came at around .5 ohm. Running about 360 @ 18w.

Attachments

• D33611DE-75A6-496E-A8B8-13ECDD264001.jpeg
    D33611DE-75A6-496E-A8B8-13ECDD264001.jpeg
    432.1 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread