VANDY VAPE SUPERFINE MTL SPECIALTY WIRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Sounds about right, I just ordered 5 rolls from fasttech, for about $4.20 a spool. Will take awhile, but figured as much as I like it for MTL tanks, I should get a decent supply.
I was shocked when I saw your comment since I paid much more buying direct form vv but then I saw that it was on pre-order. They have no stock. When they do have stock if they hold that price I will be ordering a from them also.

Reactions: Celt1

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I installed a 30g 2.5mm, 6 wrap coil(.62Ω) in a sxk doggy and hit the fire button and held it for a couple seconds, and the coil didn't show any sign of beginning to glow.
I had it set at 400f, and up to 35watts. Seems this is going to take more power to use than I'm wanting to use. Is there something I'm missing?

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I installed a 30g 2.5mm, 6 wrap coil(.62Ω) in a sxk doggy and hit the fire button and held it for a couple seconds, and the coil didn't show any sign of beginning to glow.
I had it set at 400f, and up to 35watts. Seems this is going to take more power to use than I'm wanting to use. Is there something I'm missing?
Try setting the coil in wattage mode then after it looks good switch to tc. No way it should need 35w. Check your connections. Just thought you can't glow the coil without cotton in tc. Sorry if you already knew that.

Last edited:

Violetti Usva

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2017
Made a small length twisting two strands clockwise, cut it in half, then twisting together counterclockwise. Did the first set of twisting too tight and it didn't go as I intended but I went with it anyway. Pretty tasty even if it looks pretty messy.

I found the best thing to do is wrap it around your coiling utensil, install it as tight as possible then pull the utensil away from the post holes at an angle so that one leg gets really long, unscrew it and drag it in and then do the same for the other side. Pull the utensil out grip the coil with ceramic tweezers and dry fire it a *litte* whilst doing some adjustments with the tweezers, put rod back in and readjust.
wasp.jpg

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I was shocked when I saw your comment since I paid much more buying direct form vv but then I saw that it was on pre-order. They have no stock. When they do have stock if they hold that price I will be ordering a from them also.
Yes, I knew it had an ETA of May 5th, and I can live with that. fasttech may be a slow way to get things, but they have been reliable with me with their representations, and the prices have held to what I ordered. My roll of SS VV Superfine is not empty yet, and I do have a roll of the Ni80 flavor. Plus I have some spools of plain round SS, so I won't be "stranded" if I do use up the SS Superfine before the spools arrive. Based on my previous dealings with ordering from China, if it does come in stock around the 5th of May, I might have it in early June.

Paying less than half the price seems like it is worth the wait.

Reactions: Chodi

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
Made a small length twisting two strands clockwise, cut it in half, then twisting together counterclockwise. Did the first set of twisting too tight and it didn't go as I intended but I went with it anyway. Pretty tasty even if it looks pretty messy.

I found the best thing to do is wrap it around your coiling utensil, install it as tight as possible then pull the utensil away from the post holes at an angle so that one leg gets really long, unscrew it and drag it in and then do the same for the other side. Pull the utensil out grip the coil with ceramic tweezers and dry fire it a *litte* whilst doing some adjustments with the tweezers, put rod back in and readjust.
You need to give that thing a name!

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I haven’t tried the Superfine wire (which I assume you are referring to) but in TC mode my regular round wire builds will not glow at 420°F. I always dry burn in regular power mode at very low wattage - just enough to slowly start to glow after firing for a few seconds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread