Vandy Vapes Icon RDA a Mike Vapes Project...Reviews thoughts and builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Ok so this little fella came in today folks and I have only had the one build in it. I threw some good sized n80 Aliens in it and all in all its a very nice rda.
It takes Goon drip tips, comes with a squonk pin, multiple driptips and 510 adapter, has a fairly deep juice well (6mm), it has a strange 4 post design which is easy to build on HOWEVER because of the inside leads slots being high and the outside slots being low you get stuck fighting one of your coil leads for space when placing your cotton. The airflow is nice and smooth all the way open however if you cut it down it becomes loud because of how the airflow slots are a bisected.
I have included some pics for you fine folks and at some point will get a full review in here.
Thanks everyone and please feel free to post your thoughts reviews and builds/ideas

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Last edited:

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
I can't wait to get it.

Don't ever order from myvpro. I got a tracking number for it and some coilology coils I ordered, and the tracking number they gave me three days ago hasn't even been picked up by USPS.

edit: it was picked up today after I called and gave them some Jersey sass lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sed8op8

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have received mine as well and am enjoying it. I threw mine on my old dripbox 160, yes there is overhang but the stainless on stainless is purdy.
I like the open airflow at around 70 to 80 watts on ss fused Clapton's.
Flavor is good and I have a custom goon tip on it, no heat issues for me as apparently some reported.
As far as what you get the bang for the buck is there, especially compared to what I have spent much more on.

Edit: got mine from DNA and was fast as normal with them.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Ok so this little fella came in today folks and I have only had the one build in it. I threw some good sized n80 Aliens in it and all in all its a very nice RDA.
It takes Goon drip tips, comes with a squonk pin, multiple driptips and 510 adapter, has a fairly deep juice well (6mm), it has a strange 4 post design which is easy to build on HOWEVER because of the inside leads slots being high and the outside slots being low you get stuck fighting one of your coil leads for space when placing your cotton. The airflow is nice and smooth all the way open however if you cut it down it becomes loud because of how the airflow slots are a bisected.
I have included some pics for you fine folks and at some point will get a full review in here.
Thanks everyone and please feel free to post your thoughts reviews and builds/ideas

I like the VN you have it sitting on, sexy little setup there.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
I'm digging it so far:
IMG_3470.jpg

I have it wide open because it isn't nearly as airy as my other RDA's. It's been an excellent vape so far on the Drone...it squonks like a champ. I kept my coil ID to 3mm and really fluffed the cotton out. It's been bangin' out flavor all afternoon. I am liking it a bit more than the Druga so far. :)

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I'm digging it so far:
IMG_3470.jpg

I have it wide open because it isn't nearly as airy as my other RDA's. It's been an excellent vape so far on the Drone...it squonks like a champ. I kept my coil ID to 3mm and really fluffed the cotton out. It's been bangin' out flavor all afternoon. I am liking it a bit more than the Druga so far. :)
How is the drone so far, heard someone say it was a little hard to squeeze.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
still rockin mine. the only issue I got is the top cap gets really hot if I'm using large wires (claptons and above), got none of this if i'm using simple round/twisted wires.
I have noticed mine getting warm, but I prefer taller tips on mine. Just not fond of resting my lips on the topcaps. Guess it came from old thin rda's that really got hot fast lol.

frosc

Jan 23, 2017
I have noticed mine getting warm, but I prefer taller tips on mine. Just not fond of resting my lips on the topcaps. Guess it came from old thin rda's that really got hot fast lol.

yeah im using the smallest bore drip tip (and tallest) out of the 3, just to minimize the chance of my lips touching the cap. And I feel im getting better flavor out of this drip tip as well, so it's a plus.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
WOOHOO! I got some vapemail today. My Icon is here finally. Going to make up some ss juggernaut coils for it and see how it works. My Drone should be here sometime next week.

Ok I threw a build in this thing. I'm really liking it so far. Now I really want my new squonker to marry this to.

Last edited:

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
just rebuilt my Icon, yeah I get better results with simple SS316L wire compared to bigger coils, no ramp up time, crisp flavor and dense vapor, and most importantly little to no heating issues.
Probably because the quality of my claptons as well, or just personal preference, but idk lol.
Worth asking, where are you placing your coils? I have 3mm ss 26/32 fused Clapton's in mine. I place my coils tight to the post and kind of high. Basically where I can only see the bottom1/3 to 1/2 of the coil through the airflow.
I wonder if I am not having the same heat issues as some because of placement and I use it with wide open airflow.
Just wondering.

frosc

Jan 23, 2017
Worth asking, where are you placing your coils? I have 3mm ss 26/32 fused Clapton's in mine. I place my coils tight to the post and kind of high. Basically where I can only see the bottom1/3 to 1/2 of the coil through the airflow.
I wonder if I am not having the same heat issues as some because of placement and I use it with wide open airflow.
Just wondering.

I placed it a bit high as well, you can see the bottom half of the coil from the airflow holes. I tried opening the airflow wide open, still got the heat issue.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I've had this RDA for a couple days now and I'm loving it. I'm running dual coils. 2x26g/36g fused spaced claptons on a 3mm id wicked with rayon at .11ohms and tc 60watts and 450°F. The flavor is on the money and cloud production is vert nice and dense. I haven't had any problems at all with heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread