VandyVape Maze → SRDA Squonking Atty → Lucky or Have They Improved It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I just bought a VandyVape Maze Squonking Atty and I saw a whole bunch of negative reviews on YouTube before I bought it. Either I'm one lucky ba5tard or they've improved the Maze from around a year ago when most of the negative reviews came out?

I bought it because of the replaceability of the Attys and I couldn't resist trying a novel type of Coil.

I used to Squonk and I used to Drip but I got tired of rebuilding the Attys. To me it's just stressful. Also back then all the Squonkers were mechanical. I prefer the protections of a regulated system in addition to being able to control the voltage to match the Atty. I also didn't like the variability of heat of the vape with the bat starting at 4.2 and ending in 3.4. This is my personal preference.

Well fast forward and I bought a Ijoy Capo Squonker + Ijoy SRDA Atty. The squonker is regulated and what I like is that it has a chamber for the battery so the side with the bottle and Atty are around 3/4 of an inch lower. This is the only low profile Regulated Squonker that I've seen. So far I think I'm a lucky Ba5tard because lot's of complaints about the Capo leaking and I haven't experienced a single leak. BTW the Ijoy SRDA Atty is very good!

Anyway so far I've been vaping on the Maze and the quality of vape is superb better than anything that I've ever built. It did need a little break in but by the second day it's perfection.

It's a disk with cotton threaded through it providing amazing surface exposure between the Cotton and the Metal.

I haven't had a single dry hit just tasty flavorful vapor. It's crazy so many reviewers complaining about dry hits and burnt cotton and mine is working perfectly. Knock on Wood!

The way it works is that under the disk there is a 2ml chamber that fills with liquid when you squonk. By tilting the unit sideways or upside down the cotton stays saturated.

The only drawback I've experienced is that if the atty is not kept level that it will leak.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    • Winner
    Reactions: niczgreat

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Haven't tried the Maze, but the Pico Squeeze 2 is a true regulated mod that has the same battery configuration as the Capo, only smaller.
    Pico Squeeze 2 with Coral 2 - Eleaf electronic cigarette
    I had forgotten about the Squeeze. I was deciding between the two but the Pico Squeeze 2 was around $20.00 more and had an atty that I wouldn't use.

If my IJoy doesn't hold up this is the one I'd buy.
    After all don't throw good money after bad product!

Was going to buy one if I could find without the kit at $40.00. Thwarted Heavens Gifts whopping 30% coupon didn't work. And CheapVapingDeals coupon to buy at $36.00 didn't work grrrr

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: puffon

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I had forgotten about the Squeeze. I was deciding between the two but the Pico Squeeze was around $20.00 more and had an atty that I wouldn't use.

If my IJoy doesn't hold up this is the one I'd buy.
    After all don't throw good money after bad product!

Was going to buy one if I could find without the kit at $40.00. Thwarted Heavens Gifts whopping 30% coupon didn't work. And CheapVapingDeals coupon to buy at $36.00 didn't work grrrr
    Breazy still has the kit for $30 (which includes a 21700 battery)
    Only 2 colors left tho.
    iStick Pico Squeeze 2 TC Squonk Kit – Eleaf | Vape Hardware | Breazy.com
    Code: VAPINGCHEAP10 for 10% off

• Winner
    Reactions: niczgreat

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Breazy still has the kit for $30 (which includes a 21700 battery)
    Only 2 colors left tho.
    iStick Pico Squeeze 2 TC Squonk Kit – Eleaf | Vape Hardware | Breazy.com
    Code: VAPINGCHEAP10 for 10% off
    You Rock! That's an incredible deal. $32.95 delivered with your Coupon especially because it's the kit.

Even though I'd have preferred the Red bought the Rainbow just too good a price to pass up. Purple just isn't my cup of tea.

My black Maze wouldn't match with the Rainbow so I bought a Silver Maze Atty for only $5.00 at 101Vape. Guess I'm going to find out if I was lucky on the Maze depending on how this 2nd one works.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread