The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vapcell IFR26650 2600mAh 55A/75A (red, LiFePO4) reviewed

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Barkuti, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Barkuti

Barkuti Super Member ECF Veteran

Loong time without stepping in here. :pop:
    Let me show you something good, for the daring and knowledgeable among you: Test of Vapcell IFR26650 2600mAh (Red) @ lygte-info.dk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wow with the graphs fellows! :eek: The hotter cell reached +17°C over ambient after a 30A continuous discharge, this is 42°C for an ambient temp of 25°C.
    This cell deserves to be tested at much higher rates, hope Mooch can get its hands over it for testing.
    It may be a bit soon to say, but A123's ANR26650M1-B is surpassed by it. :thumb:
    Have fun. :)

Cheers [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    That’s an unusual set of numbers. It doesn’t want to be charged past 3.6v and it goes down to 2.0v. 4.1v and 2.5v are what I generally see. A lot of VV mods cut off well above 2.5v as well. Thing might be hard to charge in a standard charger. I don’t know enough about how they work I’m afraid. Would a standard charger attempt to charge it to 4.1v anyway? Would it be unable to charge it because it was below 2.5v?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    That normal for LFP (states so in the above link).

Lithium iron phosphate battery - Wikipedia

Mooch touched base on it in this vid about chemistries.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    In that video he also states that that particular chemistry, while it is the safest, also can’t be vaped because the voltage is too low. So how is it a “vapecell”? Not that I’m complaining. The concept of being able to use a battery that is unlikely to blow up on me is great. I’m not sure how I could actually vape with it though. 2 26650s in series is one honking big mod. It’s exciting though. A battery that can’t fireball makes mechs much more appealing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mooch

Mooch Electron Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 13, 2015
    I mentioned that it can’t be used in regulated devices unless an Evolv DNA board is used and set for the very low cutoff required but that in series in a mech it would be incredible. IIRC there are a decent number of vapers in Germany who do this.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Rossum

Rossum "Chump" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Of course it can be vaped. You just have to build a bit differently for it.

The downside of LiFePo cells is their poor energy density. This 26650 has fewer watt-hours than many conventional 18650s, despite having roughly double the volume.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Still... the no fireball thing is attractive. Makes mechs much more viable to me. Be an awful big mech though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. jandrew

jandrew Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    Hmmm, for lower wattage vaper like me, even a single cell mech mod with that cell could work pretty well it seems ... if I built around 0.5 ohms I'd get a long, flat discharge around 3.2v for about 20 watts (currently I build in the 0.8 - 1.0 ohm neighborhood), and it looks like I'd get more useable energy than current cells where I swap out around 3.7v.

May have to look around to see where get these cells ... and a 26650 squonker, to try it out. (or is my thinking off base here?). Guess I'd need to find a LifePo4 compatible charger too.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Barkuti

• Like Like x 4
  10. Barkuti

Just checked Vapcell's store, the cell is not available yet. They may be weighing up the potential market for this cell. It could be wise to inquire them if you like this.
    I wonder what OEM is making this cell. Mmm… now that I think of it, Henrik measured its cell can diameter at ∅26.7mm. I think I have the answer: IFR26650-25A @ Power Long Battery

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. jandrew

jandrew Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    18650batterystore seems to have them:
    Vapcell LiFePO4 26650 2600mAh 55A Battery - 18650 Battery Store

I'll have to poke around to see about compatible chargers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Wow, that's an amazing cell and perfect timing as I've got an Sbody legend on the way which is an 26650 single bat mod :)

Just out of interest where do you get your cells? I'm in the south of France and normally I use a french vaping wholesaler who has always been very trustworthy.

I would like to get several of these :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Hmmm.... thing is we know LiPo batteries aren’t safe that way. If the testing is finding LiPo batteries to be “safe” puts the testing itself into question.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. charlie1465

Gracias.

• Like Like x 1
  15. charlie1465

This is very interesting and i'm going to test one of these out on the SBody Legend to see if the hit is ok.....we'll see.

Maybe it's only suitable for series mech's :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Barkuti

charlie1465 I usually buy at NKON. They carry some of Vapcell's batteries. If you cannot get 'em sowhere else, you may want to drop them a line to ask if they'd be willing to get some Vapcell IFR26650 2600mAh 55A/75A units. You will be heard. :2cool:
    Not necessarily. The tester likely got a particularly well designed Li-Po battery and that is what happened. But there is a lot of other Li-Po cells which may not behave that good.
    That was a very simple test anyway. The topmost safety device in any case is you.

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    XTAR's VP2 has a setting for LiFePo.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Do we know that? A while back, I pulled some LiPo pouch cells out of a tablet because they had puffed up a bit. They were still holding a charge though. I did the same sort of tests with 'em. Fully charged, dead short. That one puffed more, but no smoke, no fire. Stabbing with a knife produced a bit of smoke, but no fire. Of course at that point, it likely didn't have much charge left on it. So we stabbed the other one that was still fully charged as well. More smoke, but again, no fire. I've got pics, but I'm not at my real computer yet this morning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    What's the background story on Vapcell? Japanese, Korean, Chinese? It seems Vapcell came out of nowhere a couple of years ago and now seems to be leading the tech wars over Lg, Samsung, and Sony. @Mooch ?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Just remember to change the Battery Type under the mod battery settings to reflect the LFP cell. But with a regulated device the hit will be no different. If you are set to 30 watts, the device will request 30 watts plus a little more for efficiency from the cells and deliver that same 30 watts.

My cat told me they are a re-wrap company out of Shenzhen China. Cat’s are usually right, they invented the interwebs and know everything!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.