Vape advice for flavour/taste and maybe some good cloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twiggy1995

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2020
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
So.

I have been recommended elsewhere that since I want good flavor, but also would see good cloud as a benefit, that I should get a regulated Mod that can do 200W, and a Mesh Pro 2 tank.

Would this be sound advice? What else should I look at, any other recommendations? I'm trying not to go too expensive, I'd say trying for $150 Canadian after taxes, for both mod and tank.

Also, I just found out that there are different flavor percentages, since I don't use nicotine, what percentage should I use? Anything else important to know about e-liquids?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Twiggy1995 - You don't need a 200W mod, nor an expensive set-up to get good flavor and really decent clouds. A good friend loves his GeekVape Aegis Solo 100W mods, and uses each 1 with a GeekVape Cerberus tank on it. Even vaping at 40W, with the GeekVape iM1 0.4ohm coil in the Cerberus tank...he gets great flavor and clouds that are big enough to fill the cab of his truck. The mod, tank, and coils should be easily obtainable in Canada, too. Also, there are different coils that will work in the Cerberus tank as well as the iM1 coils. The iM1 coils are just his favorite ones. The Eleaf HW coils, the SMOK Baby Beast coils, the Vaporesso GT coils, and others will work in it, too.

The GeekVape Aegis mods in general (the Solo, the Max, the Legend, etc.) have a really good reputation and many people on ECF have bought multiples of them. They're dustproof, shockproof, and waterproof down to a depth of 3m for up to 30 minutes IIRC.

Using eliquid that's higher in VG than in PG will also help you with the cloud production. My friend vapes 40PG/60VG eliquids, which isn't considered high VG at all...and he still gets decent clouds. He makes his eliquids with a total flavoring % of 12-15% and loves them.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@JCinFLA, I've been using one of the Mjölnir RDA's with a 3mm ID 6 wrap SS316L 26AWG coil running at 0.54 ohms according to the Drone.

Flavour is excellent and vapour production with my 70/30 DIY is decent.

Not sure why you posted the above to me specifically, as I said nothing about your suggestion, in my post to the OP.

My post was in response to the following by the OP:

Would this be sound advice? What else should I look at, any other recommendations? I'm trying not to go too expensive, I'd say trying for $150 Canadian after taxes, for both mod and tank.

Reactions: Mordacai

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I see in your other thread you have a smok pod system. So I assuming you are a MTL vaper.

Are you looking to get into DL vaping?

This, among other factors, is important when looking for a new kit, especially the atomizer. Some are made for a tight draw for staunch "smokers" who want a similar experience to smoking a cigarette, others are made for a loose draw cloud chasing vapers, and the rest are somewhere in between.

• Winner
    Reactions: Superuser187

Twiggy1995

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2020
    As per weather I want MTL or DTL, at this point, not even being a week into vaping, I don't know, guess it'd be best to try DTL as well at least once, to see, but given the pandemic and restrictions, that's probably not possible without actually buying a DTL device.

I guess for that reason, something in-between would be best for now, as I'd then have the MTL Smok Pod, and a little taste of DTL.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Don't forget that you can mix and match the tanks in those kits with other mods, they're sold separately as well as the Freemax M Pro 2 and Freemax Fireluke 22.

Freemax also do the Fireluke 3 tank as well, it's just trying to find the resistance coils you're going to like first will be interesting.

Personally I'm thinking that the Fireluke 22 tank would be a good option, as there's 3 different coils that cover MTL to DTL.

So the worst you would be down is the price of a pack of coils and you should also be able to get the vape at least close to a satisfactory vape for you.

It's just a thought though.

But what type of mod might you be looking for?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Pod mods like the Smoant Knight 80 do limit you somewhat due to not having a 510 connector, but they are good for what they are.

But there's so many options out there available, I recently saw the Vsticking VK530 for under $27. Not necessarily the perfect mod but a decent chipset that will serve you well.

But that's only one option, and that's not even touching on using RDA's with a Squonk mod. A good thing with that route though is that you're not reliant on drop in coils and you can save money that can then be redistributed elsewhere.

Twiggy1995

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2020
    Ah yeah, it's gonna be another 20 days until I am in position to buy any vape device, so I have time to look and learn.

From what I have seen building a coil is not really anymore complicated than getting some vape wire, and rolling it around a small screw driver, is that pretty much right?

• Agree

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    From what I have seen building a coil is not really anymore complicated than getting some vape wire, and rolling it around a small screw driver, is that pretty much right?

But wicking that coil/deck is an entirely different matter and many times requires a lot of research and trial and error and anguish to get it right for your vaping style, juice thickness, etc. You could get a great wick today. Then next week you go and rebuild it and for some reason you just can't seem to get it right - dry hits and/or leaking everywhere. And then you start learning and researching some more.

Not to mention rebuildables are not anywhere as easy or convenient as the pod setup you have right now.

Not trying to deter you from rebuildables, just being realistic. If you want something more care free but more clouds than you get now with better flavor, you might be better off with a larger, more powerful pod system like a Vaporesso Target PM80 or something like that. It's basically the same idea as what you have now, but has much higher wattage options. You can achieve hotter vape and bigger clouds.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You have to understand something. When you start getting into rebuildables and other "next-level" vapes, vaping becomes a lot more like a journey and a hobby. If you j are more interested in the destination rather than the journey or getting a new hobby, then I'd just stick with pods as there are many kinds for various vaping styles these days. It's still a journey, just not as involved.

• Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread