Vape bath, or 'vapor on the water'

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzooti

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Brunswick, Maine
The past few days I've been taking hot baths, to try to ease the pain in my legs (sucks getting old, especially when you nearly have your leg taken off by a jerk who never should've been driving) In the past I'd take a bath only on rare occasions (shower every day, don't go there) when I did I'd take a beer, ashtray, lighter & a couple of cigarettes; this time though I took a beer and a couple of pv's with different flavor juices, and I've found that vaping in the bath is very enjoyable and relaxing-just gotta be very careful not to drop it!

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
My LT will never go into the bath with me. But I've taken my small 510s with me on occasion >_>

I feel for you with the pain though. I'm 22 and I have moderate to severe (depends on the day) chronic Sciatica. Pain isn't fun. Especially when you look perfectly healthy to everyone else and they don't understand how something can be wrong.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
I've got a simlar routine. After work when it's time to relax I'll go to the bedroom with a PV full of my fav juice. Then pop a DVD I have loaded with a bunch of great chill tunes into the 5.1 surround surround system in my BR. Turn off all the lights except for my Himalayan salt crystal lamp. Then just veg out and vape myself into a stupor. :D

Doesn't take long for my cat to curl up next to me with it's deep purr for added ambience. She knows it's one of the best times to get some good scruffing action. :laugh:

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
My LT will never go into the bath with me. But I've taken my small 510s with me on occasion >_>

I feel for you with the pain though. I'm 22 and I have moderate to severe (depends on the day) chronic Sciatica. Pain isn't fun. Especially when you look perfectly healthy to everyone else and they don't understand how something can be wrong.

I feel ya there. I've had it off and on since I was around 15/16 ... and I'm 36 now. Sadly I've mostly learned to deal with it. My managers at work have gotten good at reading my facial expressions tho and know when it's really flared up. Of course I'm a procrastinator ... I have good health insurance and get chiropractic coverage with just my basic co-pay. Kind of sad that I've gotten so used to it that I just deal with it eh?

But this is the start of a new and healthier me. As I start breathing easier, I really want to start biking again, so might need to get this beastie worked on and tweaked so I can pedal easier. :)

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
I've got a simlar routine. After work when it's time to relax I'll go to the bedroom with a PV full of my fav juice. Then pop a DVD I have loaded with a bunch of great chill tunes into the 5.1 surround surround system in my BR. Turn off all the lights except for my Himalayan salt crystal lamp. Then just veg out and vape myself into a stupor. :D

Doesn't take long for my cat to curl up next to me with it's deep purr for added ambience. She knows it's one of the best times to get some good scruffing action. :laugh:

I just Googled Himalayan salt crystal lamp. I want one! Or two maybe. Probably two. I tend to be borderline OCD about things being even/equal/paired.

SadLittlePony

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
West Texas
I vape in the tub all the time. I either take my nook or my iPad to read or watch something. I know it's tempting fate, especially considering how many books I've dropped in the tube during my lifetime, but it's sooooo nice.

Right on Im right there with you! Its a nice time, especially with some candles.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I take Foxy Roxy the REO mini to the pool with me for aqua therapy (bad accident in October of last year, destroyed lumbar spine, both SI joints, and apparently possibly enough of my neck to need that fused before they start on the rest... and I'm 33. whoops). I can't imagine bath time, hot tub time or pool time without a good vape - it's so much more relaxing!
I'd like to take my provari with me, but the metal REOs are all mechanical, so it's okay if she accidentally takes a dip in the water :)

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
I feel ya there. I've had it off and on since I was around 15/16 ... and I'm 36 now. Sadly I've mostly learned to deal with it. My managers at work have gotten good at reading my facial expressions tho and know when it's really flared up. Of course I'm a procrastinator ... I have good health insurance and get chiropractic coverage with just my basic co-pay. Kind of sad that I've gotten so used to it that I just deal with it eh?

But this is the start of a new and healthier me. As I start breathing easier, I really want to start biking again, so might need to get this beastie worked on and tweaked so I can pedal easier. :)

I haz no health insurance, which is a pity, but I really can't afford it on what I make *le sigh*. Luckily there's a cheap clinic I can go to when something's wrong. It's just with my Sciatica, they'll want to do Xrays and MRIs, all that expensive stuff before they can even contemplate doing anything about it. I also know the chance of them being able to genuinely fix it is pretty low; my doc said as much. It'd either be a throw pills at it situation, or physical therapy. I won't take pain pills. What good is the pain being gone if I'm not functional? And physical therapy isn't anything I'm not already doing (I work out. Instant regret, but I do it anyway because it's good for me).

I know what you mean. My crew as gotten pretty good at knowing when I'm really screwed up based on how I'm acting. I tend to be pretty quiet when my nerve is really bothering me. So I don't bite anyone's head off just because I'm in a bad mood. And I really do hate it. I mean I want to be a nice, friendly person. But I can't always be that person. It's not just the pain that's frustrating, it's also how the pain can dictate your mood and personality so easily.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Forke- don't write off the idea of physical therapy. It's not all just working out, they do some msnipulations too, or at least they did when I went. When I delivered my daughter one of my pelvic bones went out of joint and was pinching a nerve, causing me unbearable pain. My OB got me a neurologist appointment, because she couldn't figure out what was going on. Luckily, the neurologist couldn't see me for months and I knew I couldn't bear the pain and debilitating that long (I could could barely walk, and with a newborn that didn't seem like a great option for me).

I went to see my GP, and he thankfully suggested physical therapy instead of a neurologist. After the first PT appointment, where the guy did some msnipulations on my hip joints, I felt 80% better. After the 3rd appointment, I felt 100% better. He did give me some exercises to do, but I think most of it was getting my pelvic bone back into joint by pressing on it.

I know your case is different, but there may be something other than just 'do theses exercises' that they can do for you.

ETA: I know that being without insurance may make this an impossible option.

Wackyjak

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Florida
The past few days I've been taking hot baths, to try to ease the pain in my legs (sucks getting old, especially when you nearly have your leg taken off by a jerk who never should've been driving) In the past I'd take a bath only on rare occasions (shower every day, don't go there) when I did I'd take a beer, ashtray, lighter & a couple of cigarettes; this time though I took a beer and a couple of pv's with different flavor juices, and I've found that vaping in the bath is very enjoyable and relaxing-just gotta be very careful not to drop it!

I take it by your pic and post this is because of a MC accident? I've been riding for over 44 years. Its not a question of if it will happen more like when and how many times it will. I could get in the tub for a bath but I couldn't get out. lol So its showers for me. All those injurys catch up to ya not to mention arthritus in your hands from a not so user friendly design by a un-named motorcycle company. hahahahaha. Even though, getting old is good it beats the alternitive that got most of my friends. Vape on Bro.

Last edited:

zzooti

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Brunswick, Maine
I take it by your pic and post this is because of a MC accident?

You got it; broke my right femur just above the knee, and I have a steel rod in. Hurts like hell when the weather's bad, but lately its been hurting all the time, what with walking on concrete floors all day at work, but the baths help (with a good beer & a good vape!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread