Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Vaping nicotine is absorbed into the body differently than smoking so is hard to say. If you are staying off of cigarettes and not having too much withdrawl you are at a good level. My opinion is that when you are a new convert don't worry about the strength so much just pay attention to your body's signals. If you are nauseus, light headed, drooling or feel disoriented (probably other symptoms out there too) then cut back a bit. If you find that you are having immense withdrawl or are very uncomfortable, increase the nic.

JMHO though. Congrats on putting down the stinkies!

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
My opinion is in the form of a question:
How long is a rope?

Nicotine from vaping enters the bloodstream differently (Mouth and sinus mostly), is slower to hit you, doesn't have all the fancy chemicals to shred lung (surface area ftw!) and increase nic intake. Vapers all seem to pull differently. When I direct drip I get 2 good hits till it starts going acrid, my wife easily get 5-6. I inhale (most, not all is through mouth/sinus), she doesn't.

I was 1PAD and went 100% vaping @18mg 30 minutes after it arrived, though I chain through the work day. Some folks here are 1/2PAD and need 24mg while chaining. We all seem to have different needs regardless of our original smoking habit.

I haven't attempted to maths 1 vape = x drags since I don't feel they are comparable. Cigs are specially designed to get you hooked faster and deliver as much nicotine as possible (BT says it's to improve flavour....om nom nom benzene is tasty!). Vaping seems more geared towards dealing with cravings more than causing them.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
I agree with them, if it works stick with it. That being said here's how I look at it. 12MG=Marb Light 24=Marb regular 36MG= Non filter cigarettes. That's not a fact that's just what it feels like to me when I vape em having much experience with all kind of cigarettes in the past.

As stated, everyone is different.

Me, I went from malboro lights and for sure needed my 24mg to start. Now I mostly use 11 and 18mg. I am currently in a spot where I wish I had more 24. It just depends on how long I go without the pv in my hand.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
So many different takes on this. Yes, every individual will be different.

I was smoking 1.5 packs per day Camel Blue 99s. These are .8mg nicotine per cigarette. The pure nicotine in e-juice is quite a different animal from the smorgasbord of addictive crap in cigarette smoke, like the ammonia mentioned earlier. Plus, MAOIs in cigarette smoke cause their own withdrawal symptoms. I had a particularly hard time with these.

I use a 24mg nicotine juice. I've been completely off a 35-year cigarette habit for just about three months now. I was getting about 24mg nicotine per day from smoking. I vape 2-3ml of 24mg juice per day. That adds up to about 60mg of nicotine per day. However, vaping is a much less efficient way to deliver nicotine than smoking, so most of that 60mg I'm vaping goes right out with the exhale. I spend about twice the amount of time vaping as I did smoking. I used to suck down a 99mm cigarette in as little as four minutes. My typical vape break is about ten minutes.

The was I see it, if you are getting a headache or your pulse is racing than the nic level you are using is too high. If you are having strong cravings it is too low.

Personally I prefer to vape 10mg or even 6mg e-liquid for longer as I enjoy the experience and get my hit without the headache :)

Just play around with it and listen to your body.

Good Luck!

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
Ok so in one marlboro there is .8 nic. In a pack 16mg. Now comes the complicated part. Typical vaping eliquid only carries 40-50% of the content labeled nic. With 12mg/ml juice you would only be really be vaping 6mg/ml and only about half of that is absorbed by the lungs leaving you with 3-5mg/ml actually delivered. By these "estimates" you would need to use 3-4ml a day to replace a pack a day habit. Mathematics does not do vaping justice, trust your body to tell you and if you find yourself chain vaping its a sign replacement is too slow my advice is to UP the nic content and lower the chain:)

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Here is a list of nicotine content per US cigarettes by brand. There are very few 2mg nicotine cigarettes on this list. This list was compiled nearly 20 years ago so some brand names have changed. For instance, the government outlawed the word "light" from cigarette brand names. The old Camel Light cigarettes I smoked became Camel Blue a couple of years ago.

Nicotine, Tar, and CO Content of Regular Cigarette Brands

The e-juice we use is labeled by total nicotine content in mg per ml of juice. The amount of nicotine absorbed during vaping is going to be much lower, maybe half of the total nicotine amount.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread