Vape contest sunday.. suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesf8250

Jul 17, 2014
Alabama
Okay i have a tree of life mech mod with an Atty. Battery is sony 18650 3.7v. I'm not aspiring to win, but would like to.. well, not embarrass myself.lol.
I have 26 and 30 ga canthal on hand. Any suggestions on a build that will do well?
Atm i have a dual parallel micro coil using 30ga running at 0.5 ohms.

"I see where you're going with that. I don't like it." —Dierk, geistmage

Last edited:

jamesf8250

Jul 17, 2014
Alabama
uruvy3ar.jpg

jamesf8250

Jul 17, 2014
Alabama
Do you know the rules? There are some cloud contests that makes you build on the spot with the same wire as everybody else within about 10 minutes.

Ok so here are the rules!!

-Must come in and register before the contest -No stacked batteries, only 18650s (Vtc 4 & vtc 5 only) -Build must be 0.20 ohms or higher -Must have dry cotton (we will provide the juice)

You will be judged on distance and density, the combination of these two scores will make up your final score!

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
Ok so here are the rules!!

-Must come in and register before the contest -No stacked batteries, only 18650s (Vtc 4 & vtc 5 only) -Build must be 0.20 ohms or higher -Must have dry cotton (we will provide the juice)

You will be judged on distance and density, the combination of these two scores will make up your final score!

VTC4s pack a better punch than the VTC5s if you have both?
Use a wide bore DT where the hole at the bottom of the 510 connection stays wide
Learn the right inhale/exhale techniques (some "cloud chasers" have no idea about it)

You want to have a build that is closest to the 2 ohms limit, but still keep the surface area.

I would suggest a dual parallel coil on a sleeper build, unless you can use cheater wire.

jamesf8250

Jul 17, 2014
Alabama
Use a wide bore DT where the hole at the bottom of the 510 connection stays wide
Learn the right inhale/exhale techniques (some "cloud chasers" have no idea about it)

You want to have a build that is closest to the 2 ohms limit, but still keep the surface area.

I would suggest a dual parallel coil on a sleeper build, unless you can use cheater wire.

Is there anyway you could explain how to build? I can't seem to find it on YouTube. I know how to build dual parallel coils, but what is sleeper build and what is a cheater wire?

Edit:
Sorry YouTube must have been jank yesterday. Searched it today and found RIP Trippers video. 3.2 ohms.. definitely not bad. Excellent vape production. Thanks for the tip. :D

Last edited:

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
Is there anyway you could explain how to build? I can't seem to find it on YouTube. I know how to build dual parallel coils, but what is sleeper build and what is a cheater wire?

Edit:
Sorry YouTube must have been jank yesterday. Searched it today and found RIP Trippers video. 3.2 ohms.. definitely not bad. Excellent vape production. Thanks for the tip. :D

Cheater wires is non kanthal wires, they are low resistance wires like royal wires or g plat wires. It is NOT a good idea to use them for parallel coil builds, but if used doing normal coils you can add more wraps but still keep lower resistance than kanthal, it just needs to be built differently, but it's more advanced wire that you'd have to calculate more to stay safe.

jamesf8250

Jul 17, 2014
Alabama

jamesf8250

Jul 17, 2014
Alabama

Did that coil. 0.3-0.4 Ohms and hits like a champ.lol
Thanks for the suggestion. And thanks Riptrippers for the excellent vid.

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
Did that coil. 0.3-0.4 Ohms and hits like a champ.lol
Thanks for the suggestion. And thanks Riptrippers for the excellent vid.

No problem good luck in your competition. Just be sure to make sure your batteries are taking and holding a charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread