The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vape fading? Shake it like a thermometer.

Discussion in 'M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini' started by susan28, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. susan28

susan28 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl, USA
    if your fairly-recently-filled 401 cart is losing vape and seems empty (ie: when the "freshly filled cart honeymoon" is over) and you have to draw tons of air ust to get the batt to activate, your stuffing's probably still wet at the bottom but not wicking great.

when this happens, i find holding it by the base of the batt and giving it a few shakes (like you do to shake down the mercury in a thermometer before using) can help bring the remaining juice to the top of the cart and get it hitting again to buy you another 10-15 puffs or so before needing attention.

make sure to hold it by the base of the batt and not the cart, as 401 batts do not make effective self-defense projectiles but can still be dangerous. therefore, as with any projectile weapon, don't ever aim the 401 at anything you do not intend to destroy when performing this operation.

2. Annastasia

Annastasia Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    Awesome. There are days when I wish my teeny blue led was a real laser, haha.

I'm going to try this tip today, this happens to me all the time. Thanks!

3. susan28

Jul 19, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl, USA
    it probably works for all carts but i've only ever used a 401 so i posted it here. i suppose there's some danger of juice getting pushed down into batt from back of atty but as this is only done when vape's fading, probably not too likely. haven't had any such problem as yet.

4. oldienea

oldienea Full Member

May 21, 2009
    Change the stuffing material; take a teabag insted. There are some threads about this mod.

5. susan28

Jul 19, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl, USA
    i'm definitely gonna try the teabag thing, and yes i think this problem happens more with older stuffing, this is just a temporary fix for when you're out and about and yer carts are crapping out on ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.