• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vape-friendly establishments in the palmetto state

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyKay

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
SC
CRACKER BARREL and RED LOBSTER - Spartanburg: Let me begin by saying that I vape openly almost everywhere I go. I'm not obnoxious about it, I don't blow vapor in people's faces and make a big show of it. But I don't go out of my way to hide it. The reason being, if someone sees you trying to hide something, it makes what you're doing look wrong. My wife and I sit in nonsmoking sections in restaraunts, because of our daughter. In between portions, I vape a little. At Red Lobster last week, a server was about to say something to me about smoking, when he noticed the blue tip of my 510. He said "Wow, is that one of those electric cigarettes?" I politely showed him my setup, demonstrated how it works, and started to attract a few servers. By the end of the meal, I had given a few of them the URL to Cignot. Tonight at Cracker Barrel, the manager noticed me vaping, and reminded me I was in nonsmoking. I showed it to him, briefly explained what it was and how it worked, and said I had no problem putting it away if it was an issue. He smiled, genuinely impressed, and said it was no problem. He then went and explained it to a few other tables and servers who had apparently given me dirty looks, and they all smiled. A few even gave me a thumbs up. Both of these establishments should allow you to vape in peace, as long as you're not a jerk about it. Post your favorite vaper-friendly businesses!

JoeyKay

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
SC
Yeah, I LOVE when people come up and ask about my PV. Tonight, I was eating with my wife at Papa's Breakfast Nook here in Spartanburg, vaping on my ghetto Juicebox. I noticed our server and one of the kitchen guys eyeing me curiously, whispering to each other. I knew what was about to happen next (I wasn't worried about them asking me to put it away, as Papa's is one of the few all-smoking eateries in town). Sure enough, as I was about to leave, the kitchen guy came up. "I don't mean to be nosy, but what are you smoking?" I showed it to him, explained it was a homemade e-cig. We got to talking, and he told me how he had been smoking since his teens (he was in his 40's now), how a recent pay cut had forced him to switch to harsher, cheaper smokes, and how he had tried to quit many times. He told me he had a little girl with athsma, and he wanted to quit so badly, but nothing had worked in the past. So I explained that most e-cigs didn't look like mine, and that most more closely resembled a cigarette. I told him about my Joye 510, how it worked, where he could get one, what kinds of juices were out there, the difference between VG and PG. I warned him about the free trial scams, inferior products (i.e. Blu Cigs), shoddy Chinese juice, etc. We talked for about a half an hour. As I was getting up to leave, he shook my hand, and said "My name is Mike. You just saved my life." He was dead serious. I was so touched by that, as soon as I got out the door, I cried. Made my night.

lairkeeper

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2010
Upstate, South Carolina
I'm probably the only Hartsville, SC vaper, but The Midnight Rooster here let me use my V4L in there. They were very curious about the e-cig, how it worked, whether it was healthy, etc. Very cool, imo.

Keep posting those Hartsville/Florence locations uphill! I'll need that list when visiting family in the Chesterfield/Cheraw area ;) Tell me how it goes in Yogi's!

lairkeeper

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2010
Upstate, South Carolina
El Mexicano in Duncan (both locations) were super friendly about vaping in the smoking section. I havent tried sitting in non as I'm just used to saying smoking, plus I figure there's no need to encourage the nons to throw empty Corona bottles at me.

Successful stealth vaping in Walmart Greer and Hollywood 20 (during Avatar-GREAT movie).

And I can think I can safely say that you can vape in The Money Store location in Duncan. I'm the manager there and I do it ;)

opie

Feb 1, 2010
south carolina
I live in Taylors SC and I went to Mr Salsas on Wade Hampton. After my meal I was vaping and one of the servers seen me...well he seen the vape. He looked at me all weird like is that smoke. I laughed and so no no its a pv I mean electronic cig. He ohhh ok but I still don't think he was to sure about it...lol I have gotten dirty looks from other people tho. It makes me laugh because the look they give is like OMG OMG HE'S SMOKING WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE NOW!!!!! lol

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
I live in Taylors SC and I went to Mr Salsas on Wade Hampton. After my meal I was vaping and one of the servers seen me...well he seen the vape. He looked at me all weird like is that smoke. I laughed and so no no its a pv I mean electronic cig. He ohhh ok but I still don't think he was to sure about it...lol I have gotten dirty looks from other people tho. It makes me laugh because the look they give is like OMG OMG HE'S SMOKING WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE NOW!!!!! lol

Welcome to the forum Opie...glad to have you. We're going to have a SC meet here soon, try and make it if you can. Here is the info at the link below.
(Doctor Vapor)

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
I went to the IHOP in Summerville this morning and asked to be seated in the smoking section. The girl said they didn't have one and that the place was smoke free. I said, "Well, I don't exactly smoke, it just looks like smoking." She said; "Is it an electronic cigarette?" I said; "yes" and showed her my PV. She said; "Oh, thats just a water vapor, feel free to use it, it's ok."

I freaked....somebody actually knew what I was talking about and knew it was harmless. Add another vape friendly place in SC.

The late night staff in columbia's IHOP, when i say late nite, i mean after 12am staff, allows vapin. the manager was cool about it, but advised me not to do it in the day time there bc of some stuck up anti everything professors from South Carolina. I told em no problem, too much traffic anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread