Vape inside my workplace(Shop lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
I work inside a retail shop for my father whom is the boss.He doesn’t support that I vape or use cigarette,but I do think better with nicotine.I don’t want to feel guilty yet affecting others.I can serve customer better when on nicotine...I couldn’t continue with the gum as I felt it’s not enjoyable as vaping

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Try some snus. You may also wish to have an open discussion with your dad about the fact you are all grown up (I presume) and can do what you want on breaks (I presume) if I was working I would probably go with vaping since it smells less ungodly foul and that might scare customers off but vaping shouldn't.

However, I get you. I work in a pediatric office (not for much longer I presume) but like, I used snus at work and I could go up to like 12 hours without needing vaping or thinking about it. I did not want them to know I vaped and like, that says something about them, because they were like so hard core they were like, "You must uphold Company standards even not at work, even while just out in the community, even if you are asleep and dreaming about work it better be a company approved dream. I only vaped in my house or car, dude.

So yes I was highly motivated not to like, die of nic desire but have it be stealthy. It is (potentially) safer than vaping if you use the Swedish snus (confusingly labelled American General Snus in the US) but you can find it in many major gas station chains. It also has more of the minor alkaloids (I think) and it is all around good once you get used to the taste, which with my rat pellet brain took about 3 portions. Like, for between 2.50 and 4 bucks you got nothing to lose.

Anna

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
Try some snus. You may also wish to have an open discussion with your dad about the fact you are all grown up (I presume) and can do what you want on breaks (I presume) if I was working I would probably go with vaping since it smells less ungodly foul and that might scare customers off but vaping shouldn't.

However, I get you. I work in a pediatric office (not for much longer I presume) but like, I used snus at work and I could go up to like 12 hours without needing vaping or thinking about it. I did not want them to know I vaped and like, that says something about them, because they were like so hard core they were like, "You must uphold Company standards even not at work, even while just out in the community, even if you are asleep and dreaming about work it better be a company approved dream. I only vaped in my house or car, dude.

So yes I was highly motivated not to like, die of nic desire but have it be stealthy. It is (potentially) safer than vaping if you use the Swedish snus (confusingly labelled American General Snus in the US) but you can find it in many major gas station chains. It also has more of the minor alkaloids (I think) and it is all around good once you get used to the taste, which with my rat pellet brain took about 3 portions. Like, for between 2.50 and 4 bucks you got nothing to lose.

Anna
I am
Interested in getting a Swedish snus,but couldn’t find them on Lazada or shopee.I am still stranded in the Philippine,I would like to try the snus and see how I felt

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh I doubt it. In these types of situations it's usually the mom being like, "He's our kid we have to help him!" and the dad is like "NO. He is a deadbeat he should like FIND his OWN way I did."

And everyone in the household hates each other due to all the familial tension, etc.

I mean, I am not saying IT IS this way it's just this way THE MAJORITY of the time as far as I have seen.

I have seen it be functional and happy and the son enters the familial business and has always wanted to but like, seriously these types of questions just don't COME UP. Either the entire family is vaping or not vaping (smoking or not smoking) or the unresentful dad who loves his kid is like, "Sure son, vape on it is YOUR life. Let's figure out some places you can be where your vape won't bother the customers."

Also it sounds like some outside "lot" situation and like, I'm not a gardening store owner but if I WERE I probably would not care for ANY employee to wander around the area, just vaping, even myself because it would put customers OFF. Vaping and vape breaks would be FINE but I would find a place for them to occur away from the public eye, etc.

But ah, sure, a "rights" conversation may not make the situation worse so WHY NOT? Ask, OP and report back?

Also if you want us to convince your dad you kinda need to get him on here, engaging in dialogue. I mean, I can say, "OH GOSH IT'S so UNFAIR" until I'm blue in the face but if you say "Well I posted on this message board and everyone said you should LET me do it."

And he will be like "Uh huh," Then he will go home and argue with his wife/your mother.

None of this is meant to be mean by the way it is meant to be helpful. I know these family work situations get tricky but since I don't know you the "Rest of the story," etc . I do NOT know what to tell you, Maybe I assume but if so, help me to unassume by providing more info.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would like to try the snus and see how I felt

Shipping would be horrendous I assume but can you get it from Sweden?

Some folks will use a drop of eliquid under the tongue every now and then and say it works better than lozenges (It would surely be cheaper.) I have never tried it but I'm sure someone who has could give you pointers, etc.

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I would just ask for periodic breaks, 15 minutes every two hours throughout the day.

It's how work is in the west and then you can find some bushes to hide in where no one sees you. Bathrooms work too..

Small high nicotine pocketable pod mods are best at such discretion..

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread