Vape is too hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the last week I got a dna 30 and a magneto mech mod and I am having some trouble with the magneto build. If I go below .4 ohms it is just too hot to vape on and I can only take 1/4 hits. I am using 24g kanthal and dual coil 5 wraps at .2 , then 7 wraps at .3 and now I am comfortable with 10 wraps at .4. I am using an enigma rda with 2, 5/32 drilled out airholes and VTC 5 batteries. I am wondering how these guys can get down to .1 ohm without burning up their lungs, I have smoked for many years so maybe my lungs just can't take it in my older age. Should I make the holes bigger? or drill 2 more holes? any suggestions? tks.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Uncalled for.

bm2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
It's always disappointing to see members who fail to answer the question and instead ridicule the poster for asking. Hopefully I can be some help.

Airflow is the key. If your build is too hot with airholes that size, then it must be your wicking that's the problem. Something I picked up a few days ago was the importance of airflow under the coil. I leave a little hole directly beneath the coil so no cotton is actually touching the bottom of the coil. I still tuck the ends of the cotton under the coil but I have the coil raised up enough that there's space between the cotton on the deck and the coil.

If that doesn't help enough, drill the airholes a little bigger.

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
you can put your coils closer to the air intake holes....
go bigger air intake holes
get a longer drip tip
go bigger diameter coils
take the time and slowly go from your comfort ohms to lower ohms.
i think everyone gets the too hot vapes when they jump down too quick
i remember when i thought .7 was really sub-ohming lol....
take your time brother....read and learn.

tks for the info, I do make sure i have airflow under the coil and I just changed from 28g to 24g so maybe I am just not used to it like you said, maybe I will try going a little larger on the airholes, or maybe a wider bore drip tip, have only been really experimenting with my enigma I might try something on my plumeveil but my 1.1 ohm build is perfect on my dna 30.

Im using organic cotton u get from CVS it seems the parallel 28 works better but maybe my lungs getting used to it, nicotine seems to be the IT factor as the 95/5 vg blend didnt make too much of a difference,now I am trying cotton cloud underneath or the hole on top and bottom of coil. any input is greatly appreciated.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
the reason i ask is cus when i first started out sub-ohming i couldnt go any lower than about .4-.5Ω i also couldnt believe people were vaping such hot builds comfortably, anyway i found out that i hadnt washed the cotton properly, i think most people wash it 2 or 3x in fresh water each time and pour the crap off the top of the water first where all the crap that comes out of the cotton go's to when its boilling, i only washed mine once and i didnt pour the crap off the top.
But with all that said, this might not even be your issue.. but you could if you think it is, just try washing one cotton ball to test it, to make it quicker i boilled the kettle and filled a cup, chucked the ball in & then heated it in the microwave till the water bubbled, once all done with the draining i rinsed the cotton out then put it back in the microwave a few times to get some of the moisture out before letting it air dry

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
So in the last week I got a dna 30 and a magneto mech mod and I am having some trouble with the magneto build. If I go below .4 ohms it is just too hot to vape on and I can only take 1/4 hits. I am using 24g kanthal and dual coil 5 wraps at .2 , then 7 wraps at .3 and now I am comfortable with 10 wraps at .4. I am using an enigma RDA with 2, 5/32 drilled out airholes and VTC 5 batteries. I am wondering how these guys can get down to .1 ohm without burning up their lungs, I have smoked for many years so maybe my lungs just can't take it in my older age. Should I make the holes bigger? or drill 2 more holes? any suggestions? tks.

Those kids don't care about smoothness or flavor or vapability. I am sure an eGo produces a better vape than they are getting. They just think blowing clouds is cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread