Vape juice leaking in shipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
Last week, I ordered a 60ml bottle of vape juice from an online retailer. When it was delivered, I opened the shipping bag to find that some of the juice had leaked out into the bag. A day or two later, I ordered the same vape juice- Naked 100 Hawaiian Pog- from another online retailer, and this time, although I also ordered a 30ml bottle that comes in a box, the 60ml bottle was tightly wrapped separately with bubble wrap. When I removed the bubble wrap, I found that it was leaking too. Is this common? As far as I can tell, Naked 100 uses the same kind of bottles as other companies. Is the juice safe to use?

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I've ordered Naked 100 from various places and never got one that was leaking. Neither the glass or plastic bottles.
That being said, if you're positive they developed the leaks in transit they should be fine to vape. If there's any chance they were tampered with then I wouldn't risk vaping them. I'm sorry I'm not much help but this is a decision only you can make.

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
Is your location at a high elevation, say 3000 feet above sea level or higher? Pressure change can cause leakage if the bottle is not tightly capped. I get that occasionally, not often...that th why I appreciate it when they bag up the bottles. At 3500 feet above sea level where I'm at.
I'm in coastal Texas, so...no, lol. But the bottles came from Eightvape and Electronic Tobacconist, which seem to be in Las Vegas and Denver, respectively.

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
I've ordered Naked 100 from various places and never got one that was leaking. Neither the glass or plastic bottles.
That being said, if you're positive they developed the leaks in transit they should be fine to vape. If there's any chance they were tampered with then I wouldn't risk vaping them. I'm sorry I'm not much help but this is a decision only you can make.
I'm fairly sure the leaks were in transit. I used a butter knife to work around the base of the cap, and I could hear the plastic tabs breaking.

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
Were they the glass dropper bottles? I know they do not make a perfect seal. If I have ordered via ground shipment, they usually do not leak. But via air shipment, they have leaked. Not great amounts, but enough to notice.
No, they were the plastic "unicorn" bottles.

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
Were the leaks enough to visibly see a quantity reduction in the bottles?

I personally have never had a leak except from one shipper during our normal Texas July summer. That bottle had actually turned being cooked like that.
I couldn't see a quantity reduction with the one that came wrapped separately. With the other one, it was only a little, but enough to be visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread