Vape juice tastes bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Park1243

Jun 5, 2016
I just got the herakles plus tank and was using it with some new juice that I got and it was tasting good until I accidently closed the juice flow to the coil from the tank and I stared to get a burnt flavor. I assumed I had burnt my coil so I went ahead and primed a new one with the same juice and put it in the tank with the same juice that was there from the first coil that I burned. After I stared taking some hits the flavor of the juice was different so I kept taking hits and the flavor wasn't going back to normal. So, I decided to prime a new coil again and clean the whole tank and put new juice in it. After I did that and put the coil in and everything I started to vape again and the flavor of the juice was still different and now it's really bothering me. The first coil that I think I burned was a .6 ohm and the other two were .2 ohm. I don't know what to do to get the flavor back to normal but if you have suggestions please let me know! Also, I'm kinda new to vaping.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
Well there's a lot of factors that could be at play here. One, maybe you just didn't clean the tank well enough. If you scorched the coil particularly bad, you might need to clean the tank VERY thoroughly. Make sure you get all the crevices.

Two, different juices can taste different at different powers. Your .2 coils are going to be pulling more power/heat than your .6 coils, at the same setting. You might be burning the juice, or it might just be getting a tad too warm for your personal taste preference (I've found juices that taste better at higher power, and juices that taste better at lower power). Try turning down the power. Warning, if this is the case, you may need to do another coil and juice swap, and clean, if you gave that juice a good scorch.

Three.....you may have just ruined the juice for yourself by getting a lung full of scorched juice. I've done that. It isn't fun. Sometimes, I just can't ever again, or at least not for a long time, if I really kill a lung full. Idk how to explain it, but it's kinda like if you got food poisoning from a food you really liked before, and then you can't eat it again without getting sick. It's like a taste memory association thing.

Park1243

Jun 5, 2016
I put the .6 ohm coil back in to see if I would still get the same burnt taste even after I let it sit for a little with juice and I didn't get a burnt flavor but the same taste as the other coils. It's not like a gross taste but it's different. I cleaned it really well and the .6 ohm coil can go from 35-100 watts and the .2 ohm could I think can go from 35-80 watts and I've been doing like 40-45 watts. Sometimes after I let the coil sit with the juice overnight and I go to take a hit in the morning the first hit will taste like the original flavor but soon after a couple hits the flavor changes again and I'm back to the same spot.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
.2 ohms. Do they have ni200 (nickel material) on the coil heads? If they do you need to vape said coil in temperature mode. Nickel can produce unwanted fumes at high temperatures thus needing a "cap".

[edit] theres also an effect called vapors tongue. eventually your taste bud get exhausted and won't be as sensitive to the same flavor. drinking plenty of water &/or vaping a different kind of juice helps fix this, its not permanent so nothing to really worry about.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
If i have to change the wick in my Kayfun then usually i'll give the insides a good clean out.

I'd usually leave whatever juice is in the tank and just clean out the chimney and wipe down the deck. When i first starting using my Kayfun i'd do this and find that after i'd finished i'd start using it and i'd get a kind of smoky dirty taste which overpowered the taste of the juice completely. Cleaning it this way is what creates the dirty taste.

Now what i do is i'll still leave the juice in the tank but i will clean the chimney with q tips then wipe it out again with q tips i'd soaked in water just to get rid of any residual condensation which is always a black tar like substance. Another part i clean out is the vent that sits below the coil. With that i'll twist some paper towel and feed it through to give it a thorough clean. I'm always surprised at how much black gungy condensation is in there.

Basically what i'm saying is all the tubes and pipes need to be cleaned out thoroughy to prevent that dirty taste.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
So the .2 ohm coil is 316L stainless steel so I set the temp control to that and I'm still getting the wierd flavor. Maybe it's just vapers tongue

Try turning the temp down a bit. Just because the coil has a max temp, doesn't mean you need to run it that hot. Some juices just don't taste good at higher temps.

Also is it the same .6 coil you were using before? Sometimes when you burn a coil your juice will never taste right vaping from it again, no matter how long you let the coil sit, or how many times you rinse it out. Try getting a new coil if the problem persists at lower temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread