"VAPE LIKE A RESEARCH MONKEY!" (Everything you ever wanted to know about the Darwin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

"vape LIKE A RESEARCH MONKEY!" :vapor:

Welcome to everything you ever wanted to know about the Darwin, and more. Here is some information you might want to keep on hand now that you have (or are going to have) a Darwin. Darwin owners, please feel free to add to this information as you see fit.

First of all, some contact information:

Evolv: Evolv, LLC
Drew: DGLIEM00@gmail.com (that's double zero)
Nhaler: The Darwin

And now, some Q and A:

What is the Darwin?

The Darwin is the first and only “power regulated” electronic cigarette.

What does “power regulated” mean?

“Power regulation” describes the Darwin’s ability to adjust to changing atomizer resistance and maintain consistent power,
which in turn maintains a consistent heat output.
In the same way that cruise control in your car regulates speed; the Darwin will automatically adjust to maintain your power setting.
You will no longer need to adjust for new atomizers, or resistance changes that result in either too much or too little heat.

How does a power regulated mod affect the vape?

Consistent heat means consistent taste and throat hit. By regulating power and maintaining a constant heat output,
the Darwin will deliver consistent taste on each and every vape, and since the user adjusts the wattage to their preference,
your Darwin and its settings will be unique to you. The Darwin is the first device to conform to the user.

How would you describe the Darwin mod?

4.2 to 12.7 Watts adjustable regulated power
Folding atomizer connector (fold down to power off)
Pocket friendly slim design
2 Lithium polymer rechargeable cells 1800 mAh
Mini-USB charging port
Graphical LCD screen displaying: Volts, Amps, Ohms, Watts, and Battery Meter
Hard coat anodized aluminum case
Thumb wheel for easy power adjustment
Short circuit protection
Over charge/discharge cell protection

Is it easy to use?

The Darwin consists of a button, a dial, and a USB port. The button activates it, the dial sets power, and the USB port charges it.
It is that simple. No complicated sequence of button presses, additional tools, or complicated manuals.
The LCD screen display’s your wattage setting and battery life. The Darwin even allows you to adjust your power settings mid-vape!!

Safety features like an automatic power shut off when the atomizer swing arm is in the down position,
allow you to carry the Darwin anywhere without fear of accidental activation.
Additional safety features include over charge/discharge and short circuit protection.

The Darwin shows up on Nhaler as out of stock? How do I get one?

Email Drew to let him know you are interested.

Where can I learn more about the Darwin?

From Drew himself: YouTube - ‪The Darwin‬‏
NebulaBrot: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ressions-newest-pre-production-prototype.html
A review by cypresss: YouTube - ‪The Darwin PV Review by Cypresss‬‏
The Darwin forum members.

How and where is it made?

The Darwin is made and assembled here in the USA. The Darwin’s outer case is made of aluminum
and anodized to provide a rugged long lasting and scratch resistant unit. Built to last, the Darwin comes standard with a 2- year warranty
against manufacturer’s defects and a 1- year battery warranty.
After the first year, you can send your Darwin to Evolv for new batts at a cost of $25. They come with a new full year warranty.

If I sell my Darwin, is the warranty transferable to the next owner?

Yes. Please contact Evolv.

I don't see a charging light on my Darwin. How do I know it is charging?

If you look carefully at the charger when you plug the Darwin into it, you will see the green light on the charger dim a bit. It is charging.

My battery charge does not last long after 50% usage?

The first half of the charge lasts far longer than the second half. If you didn't fully charge it before using it, it is normal life. That 30% (from 100% to 70%) will last far longer than the 30% from 50% to 20%. Put it on the charger overnight to top it off.

Will opening up the Darwin void the warranty?

Yes. There is really no reason to open it up as there is a full warranty.

What ohm atty or carto should I use?

You can use LR, Standard and HV attys without giving it a second thought and use adapters for 801s, 901s or any other atty type.
You can use 306s and they work fine as well. Many people fell in love with 306s and 1.5 ohms because they run hot on 3.7v batteries.
With the Darwin, you're getting a variable power device so you won't have to fake voltage anymore.

However, until you get accustomed to the device and using watts, the recommendation is to turn the watts down on new attys, and then experiment from there. If you have watts set full up to 12.7 watts on a 1.5 ohms atty, you may only be pushing about 4.36 volts but as that atty gets used and ohms drop, you could possibly risk popping it.

"As far as atty's/cartos go you just opened up a whole new world. I hope you saved those atty's that just seemed weak.
You will have a baggie full of gold when you slap them on the D and dial up the watts. I have found midpoint (8.4 watts) to be about perfect for most cartos.
Since there is not a drip cup on the Darwin go easy with dripping." ~Liv2Ski

Should I get a Darwin or a Provari?

Many people seem to be torn between buying a Darwin or a Provari. Both are great mods.
The main advantage of the Darwin is its ability to change voltage on the fly, and the ability to set it up to one specific output, and then have everything you attach be exactly the same. The Darwin is variable wattage.

And now some VERY important questions and answers... :facepalm:

What is the main rule is this forum?

... Pics or it didn't happen!

Who said, "No Smoke. No Choke. No Croak. No Joke."?

Do you have any ideas for Darwin cases?

"I put mine in a brown paper bag,twist up the top nice and tight around the carto, then hit the streets, and it also doesn't look suspicious..."
~timato

Who coined the term "Darwinians"?
Cuseguy, post #886

Who is Cuseguy?

"I am not an electrician and don't play one on TV."

Who is "Bsirk"?

Who is the Baskin Robbins of the vape world?
~Liv2Ski

Who loves her "Pixies"?

How can you get faster shipping from AvidVaper?

" ... if you say something nice about his hair he ships faster..."

Was Yoda a vaper?

We think so.
"Yeah, throw a mini-map on that baby and a fine backup mechanical mod it will be. That sounded like Yoda, if he was a vaper."
~Cuseguy

What are the Phases of Darwin ownership?

Phase 1: Decide to get a Darwin
Phase 2: Email Drew for availability
Phase 3: (Rip out your credit card) Order the Darwin
Phase 4: Stalk USPS Tracking
(while waiting, order juice. Be sure to order low nicotine juice because the tendency of new Darwinians
is to go into a nic coma on their first day or so)
Phase 5: Stalk the mailman (while waiting, order attys and cartos galore)
Phase 5: Delivery Day!
Phase 6: Tear open package like a kid on Christmas
Phase 7: Read the instructions on how to use it, then laugh at yourself because you didn't really need instructions
Phase 8: Stare at your wonderful new Darwin and wonder why you didn't get one sooner
Phase 9: Post pictures in the Darwin thread
Phase 10: (optional) Add bling
Phase 11 thru Infinity: Vape like a research monkey!

Nhaler Darwin Family Members, feel free to post the date you got your Darwin, or anything else!

Cheers:vapor:

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
ResMonkeySeal-150.png

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Kat,
Your the greates!!! I tried to do this for an hour the other day and just gave up! Thanks.
Drew

Shhh, Drew. Please don't tell anyone. It'll start all kinds of nice rumours about me, and well, we CAN'T have that, now can we...

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I'll PM you on the process of obtaining your own official Research Monkey!

I have no idea why you are just now finding this thread, but you're not alone. It's been pretty quiet in here, LOL.

There are a few questions that do not have answers so that those who are vaping their D'wins, and NOT yet in a nic coma, can figure them out! Can't give ALL the answers away, ya know... ;)

Just remember what Ski said. If your monkey is bad you might have to s&@^k him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread