Vape mail going in circles....USPS sucks....."sorry sir theres nothing we can do".....Grrrrrr its not been my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
I ordered a magneto, kick, fuse, scar and a drip tip from sunnyvaping about 5 days ago. They sent it out the next day and a day later it was at my local usps sort facility. All was well and I thought I would have vape mail the next day. Thats not what happened. It was shipped to a post office about 20 miles away, then shipped back to my PO, then 20 miles away again, now its on its way back here. ...! I called every usps number I could find and everyone says its impossible to locate my package. Im fed up....... I messaged sunny vapors but no response yet. It was close to the end of the business day though, 4pm in Va. Their in Tx. USPS says I have to wait it out. Customer service at its finest............ Anyone else go through this?

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
order something from Cali, it was shipped that day. i live in WA. later the next day, the package was in VA! i called USPS the 3rd day, yes, they said, that is your package in VA...

so, i had to ask, "why is it on the other side of the country?"

and she said, "sometimes it is cheaper for us to use an indirect route!"

must say, i was astonished. i mean, of course, it MUST be cheaper to have it travel an extra 6000 miles!

:facepalm:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I ordered a magneto, kick, fuse, scar and a drip tip from sunnyvaping about 5 days ago. They sent it out the next day and a day later it was at my local usps sort facility. All was well and I thought I would have vape mail the next day. Thats not what happened. It was shipped to a post office about 20 miles away, then shipped back to my PO, then 20 miles away again, now its on its way back here. ...! I called every usps number I could find and everyone says its impossible to locate my package. Im fed up....... I messaged sunny vapors but no response yet. It was close to the end of the business day though, 4pm in Va. Their in Tx. USPS says I have to wait it out. Customer service at its finest............ Anyone else go through this?

Not quite sure what the vendor has to do with the USPS mishandling the package, unless they put the incorrect address on it.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
Not quite sure what the vendor has to do with the USPS mishandling the package, unless they put the incorrect address on it.

No quite sure what you read in my post to make you say that. In fact I was giving the vendor the benefit of the doubt in my post. But since you brought it up.......

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
Just an update on my package, its still circling.

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
August 10, 2013, 6:20 pm
MERRIFIELD, VA 22081
USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation™
Depart USPS Sort Facility
August 10, 2013
MERRIFIELD, VA 22081
August 9, 2013, 4:50 pm
MERRIFIELD, VA 22081
August 8, 2013, 9:43 pm
DULLES, VA 20101
August 8, 2013, 3:23 pm
MERRIFIELD, VA 22081
August 7, 2013, 11:46 pm
MERRIFIELD, VA 22081
August 7, 2013
DULLES, VA 20101
August 7, 2013, 4:39 am
DULLES, VA 20101
August 6, 2013
TAMPA, FL 33605
August 6, 2013, 1:07 am
TAMPA, FL 33605
August 5, 2013, 11:17 pm
TAMPA, FL 33605

I solved the mystery although I still don't have my package. The shipping label was filled out wrong. A couple days ago I messaged sunnyvaping and told them if the package ended up back to them, cancel the order. The responded with a big NO. They said the mistake was not theirs and they would not cancel the order. It's funny they denied all fault without really knowing where the fault lie. I personally don't want a sigelei kick that's bounced around from sorting machine to sorting machine for the last week. Those machines are not easy on packages. What they are good at is taking pics of the packages. I was able to get one usps employee to help me. After 15 of them telling me there was nothing anyone could do to help this one lady was able to pull a pic of my package in 5 min. The problem? Well sorting machines read the address from the bottom up. It's the most logical progression for getting the package to its destination. This is the was my address was written on my package. My Name
XXXXX Oakgrove rd.
Sterling, Virginia 20166
United States
Phone #XXX-XXX-XXXX
You don't put the phone number at the bottom of the address, it confuses the machine. Since that's not how you write addresses the machine is seeing my phone number as a zip code. Unfortunately this does not get my package to me any faster. While the machine does take pics of the package it will not pull one out of a group of 30,000 being sorted.
It's a shame customer service is non existiant in some company's. It's one of the #1 things that keep me coming back. One episode of poor customer service will turn me off of a company forever. One good episode will have a customer for life. To any vendors reading this, don't deny all fault before you know for sure. It's tacky. Everyone makes mistakes, its how you handle those mistakes that counts.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I see rants about USPS all the time here, but I have never had a problem. (Knocks on wood) I think it's mostly due to location...some USPS's are better than others I guess.

Also, given the quantity of orders that vapers put through, the fickle finger of fate is probably hitting us harder.

So...all USPS isn't equal, I guess.

:2c:

P.S. Good point about the phone #

I suggest you remove your tracking # from the above post.

Last edited:

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
Thanks for the heads up. I removed it.

I agree not all usps are created equal. I've never had a problem with one until I moved to this house. I've have two packages that just never showed up. One was an order of contacts and one a small gift for my wife. Both went missing over 6 months ago. I would never ship through usps without tracking. NEVER. I ship a lot of stuff. I probably spend $150-300 a week in shipping. I Triple check my packages and I've never had a problem. Usps is a necessary evil I guess. I would love to say ill never use them again but that's not likely. I know they are trying to restructure and stay afloat in this changing world of emails and online magazines. I hope they remember the customer as they make changes.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Happened to me this week as well. Ordered some new juice, and it was supposed to be here Friday. I was all amped for a weekend of trying out some new flavors, when..... "out for delivery.... in a town 5 hours away" back to the sort facility, arriving Monday. GRRRR I don't mind Monday, but I do mind being told Friday, and being let down.

Oh well, wife bought me a new gun, so I'll go blow off some steam at the range lol.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
order something from Cali, it was shipped that day. i live in WA. later the next day, the package was in VA! i called USPS the 3rd day, yes, they said, that is your package in VA...

so, i had to ask, "why is it on the other side of the country?"

and she said, "sometimes it is cheaper for us to use an indirect route!"

must say, i was astonished. i mean, of course, it MUST be cheaper to have it travel an extra 6000 miles!

:facepalm:

My personal favorite was a package I sent from Northern IL to Southern IL via Fargo ND. I got the same answer when I asked about it.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
Yes, I've had weird stuff like this before too. Ordered something from Illinois, ended up in ND before slowly making its way east. Mt Baker Vapor has a secret formula though. I wonder how I can order on a Thursday and it arrives Saturday all the way from Washington State.

I've noticed this also. I've ordered from Mt Baker several times and their shipping in unbelievably fast. Strangely fast. It's like they have their own jet they make deliverys with. I've ordered from them at 4pm on Thursday and had my juice by Saturday morning. Their in Washington, I'm in Virginia. They should teach a shipping class. I guess it would go something like "ship the same day at all costs.....ship priority......double check all package labels".......rake in the dough from repeat customers who value good customer service.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
Let me ask your opinions.

The package I'm getting one day has been shipped all over the place. Trucks, conveyer belts, sorting machines, mailmen, etc. are not gentle on packages. I'm not worried about the magneto really but the wear on the kick concerns me. It's basically been put in a box and vigorously shaken for way to long now. If it were your kick coming in the mail would you still want it? I've never owned a kick and don't know how well built they are. It's a clone btw. I'm very temped to send it back at this point. Am I being to picky? Is this a valid concern? Or are they well built and I have nothing to worry about? I just don't want to use it for 3 weeks and it die from loose solder joints or cracked boards. What do you think?

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Let me ask your opinions.

The package I'm getting one day has been shipped all over the place. Trucks, conveyer belts, sorting machines, mailmen, etc. are not gentle on packages. I'm not worried about the magneto really but the wear on the kick concerns me. It's basically been put in a box and vigorously shaken for way to long now.

Too bad it wasn't e-liq, it would have been well shaken and stepped by the time you got it! :)

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Myself, I'm willing to cut the PO some slack. They're taking a beating lately by Congress and it's not fair. The bit about having to prefund retirement for 75 years is insane. They're being forced to set aside money for employees that haven't even been born yet. No company nor other government agency is being forced to do anything that nuts.

Also, I do know they have been upgrading their tracking system lately. It's becoming more detailed and informative. At the same time, there have been glitches. It's a huge system. Upgrading it is going to be bumpy.

Some of the reports of packages "bouncing" between locations aren't actually real. That is, in the sense, the package did not actually go anywhere. The tracking system sometimes seems to get records out of order. When the upgrade happened, I had packages "arrive" at facilities before they "departed". Then after they finally "departed", the vendor delivered them to the PO to ship. Wait... what? Time travel?

In recent orders, they've gotten much better. Right down to I don't "stalk" the mail man anymore. I get a "delivered" notice in email within an hour of him putting the package in the box. In fact, my Wizard order was too big to fix the mailbox and he brought it to the door. The computer when Ding! as he drove off. So I got the delivery notice within minutes of the actual, physical delivery. Which ain't bad.

(Better than both FedEx and UPS actually)

From what I've seen (computer and network geek I am), the system they're upgrading to is pretty snazzy. But they're still working out some kinks.

Given the billions (for real) items they process every year, it's kind of amazing the system works at all...

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Yes, I've had weird stuff like this before too. Ordered something from Illinois, ended up in ND before slowly making its way east. Mt Baker Vapor has a secret formula though. I wonder how I can order on a Thursday and it arrives Saturday all the way from Washington State.
I have ordered from MBV many times.
Seriously, I think James has a USPS Stargate tucked away somewhere, lol

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
In January I had the ultimate USPS goof, I placed my PO box payment in the drop box (using the pre addressed envelope)inside the post office and to this day it is still lost somewhere in in USPS lala land!
I had to do another payment to keep the box from being sealed!:evil:

I was going to say something but the cute rays from your avatar picture stunned me and I couldn't move for a while and now I don't remember what we were talking about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread