Vape mail, my hurricane and skyline clones are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Well my first order from fasttech came today. I ordered a skyline clone and a hurricane clone, plus some longer drip tips and extra inserts for the skyline. Took a little under a month, so not bad I guess. Especially considering it is the holidays. Hopefully my Prime clone will get here next week.

I have to say, for clones these things are built VERY well. The quality is far better than I expected. Machining and threading is very nice. They are also heavy and feel like they built like tanks, and I don't mean like a vaping "tank" lol. They were also very clean. No left over metal shavings or dust and no machining oil. A quick rinse and dry and I built on them.

Pretty easy and straight forward to build on too if you have ever used an RTA or RBA before. And no where near as fiddly or tiny as my old kayfun/russian clone. Capturing leads on that thing gives me fits lol. The hurricane was a bit odd because of the little collar it comes with but it was nothing mind boggling. Just make sure the juice holes are covered by the wick and you are good to go.

Absolutely no leaks, weeping, flooding or gurgling to speak of. Both tanks are bone dry after building, filling and vaping on them for an hour or so. I have not refilled either one yet so I don't know what will happen then, but I don't foresee any issues. The skyline is the first tank I have used with a juice control. It seems to operate pretty well and hasn't given me any issues yet.

Both have great air flow options as well. The hurricane can be made fairly tight on its smallest setting for good mouth to lung vaping. It can also be used pretty well for direct lung vaping if you open it all the way up. The skyline comes with different inserts to tailor the air flow to your liking. It actually works pretty well without any insert in it at all if you like a more open airy vape. And because it has open slots instead of set hole sizes you can close it off and get pretty decent air restriction. I tend to like a tighter draw so I put the insert with three little holes in it. Works perfect for me, and if I accidentally open up the air flow while screwing the tank on or off it is still restricted because of the insert I chose. Down side is if you want to open the air flow back up you have take build off and change or remove the insert.

The flavor on both of them is excellent, so far the best I have tasted out of any tank I used. Then again the retail prices for them are like 150.00 and 300.00. I couldn't be happier for 20 dollars a piece lol. I think the flavor on the hurricane might be just slightly better, but they are so close it really is hard to tell. The hurricane doesn't have as much vapor as the skyline, but that really isn't an issue for me honestly. On the other hand the skyline is slightly easier to build on and fill since it has top fill. And the hurricane has a plastic tank instead of glass. It does come with a stainless tank though if you vape something that doesn't react well to plastic. Not sure if that is an issue though with most of the newer e juices. I have some other plastic tanks and none of them seem to have issues.

If I have any issues in the weeks to come I will update this. I haven't tried either of them with temp control yet either. Maybe on my next build I will test that out.

Hopefully I will get my Prime clone next week and I can compare that to these two as well.

I can say without a doubt these two tanks blow my siren V1 out of the water in every aspect.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
For a long time the Hurricane v1.2 clone has been one of my favorite tanks. In fact I ordered a spare set. It holds 5ml of juice and produces better flavor than 90% of my other tanks. It is simple to build and never leaks. I also ordered and received several replacement plastic tanks for it from FT long ago and keep them on the self as needed. They are very cheap. I have never had one crack but I have had the thread on the original wear out over a long time of use. I just pulled out one of the replacements and I was back in business. It is a fantastic tank.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I all ready posted the link :) You can get it at 3F.
It does indeed hold 4 mills of juice, I filled it with a syringe :)
It's made by SJMY, IMO this is one of the least discussed, under rated atty's out there.
This atty has a lot going for it, Glass Tank, JFC, Good Air Flow, Well Built, Easy to Wick, Small Chamber for Excellent Flavour! :)
Maybe the improper description (2 mill capacity) has some thing to do with the lack of enthusiasm for this atty?

HzlSjzJ.jpg

Y5jNsxC.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I have several....and I agree. It's a great atty. I actually bought the authentic upon release and had a few issues, so I ran it with the bell cap. When these came out, I bought a few for the spare parts. Go figure, zero issues with the clones. Ephoenix is farming the manufacturing out to China these days so, it's not surprising that the clones are very good. I've switched back to the 1.3 lately....still as good as any atty available today.

Quote disappeared....I was commenting on the above post... hurricane v2

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Well my first order from fasttech came today. I ordered a skyline clone and a hurricane clone, plus some longer drip tips and extra inserts for the skyline. Took a little under a month, so not bad I guess. Especially considering it is the holidays. Hopefully my Prime clone will get here next week.

I have to say, for clones these things are built VERY well. The quality is far better than I expected. Machining and threading is very nice. They are also heavy and feel like they built like tanks, and I don't mean like a vaping "tank" lol. They were also very clean. No left over metal shavings or dust and no machining oil. A quick rinse and dry and I built on them.

Pretty easy and straight forward to build on too if you have ever used an RTA or RBA before. And no where near as fiddly or tiny as my old kayfun/russian clone. Capturing leads on that thing gives me fits lol. The hurricane was a bit odd because of the little collar it comes with but it was nothing mind boggling. Just make sure the juice holes are covered by the wick and you are good to go.

Absolutely no leaks, weeping, flooding or gurgling to speak of. Both tanks are bone dry after building, filling and vaping on them for an hour or so. I have not refilled either one yet so I don't know what will happen then, but I don't foresee any issues. The skyline is the first tank I have used with a juice control. It seems to operate pretty well and hasn't given me any issues yet.

Both have great air flow options as well. The hurricane can be made fairly tight on its smallest setting for good mouth to lung vaping. It can also be used pretty well for direct lung vaping if you open it all the way up. The skyline comes with different inserts to tailor the air flow to your liking. It actually works pretty well without any insert in it at all if you like a more open airy vape. And because it has open slots instead of set hole sizes you can close it off and get pretty decent air restriction. I tend to like a tighter draw so I put the insert with three little holes in it. Works perfect for me, and if I accidentally open up the air flow while screwing the tank on or off it is still restricted because of the insert I chose. Down side is if you want to open the air flow back up you have take build off and change or remove the insert.

The flavor on both of them is excellent, so far the best I have tasted out of any tank I used. Then again the retail prices for them are like 150.00 and 300.00. I couldn't be happier for 20 dollars a piece lol. I think the flavor on the hurricane might be just slightly better, but they are so close it really is hard to tell. The hurricane doesn't have as much vapor as the skyline, but that really isn't an issue for me honestly. On the other hand the skyline is slightly easier to build on and fill since it has top fill. And the hurricane has a plastic tank instead of glass. It does come with a stainless tank though if you vape something that doesn't react well to plastic. Not sure if that is an issue though with most of the newer e juices. I have some other plastic tanks and none of them seem to have issues.

If I have any issues in the weeks to come I will update this. I haven't tried either of them with temp control yet either. Maybe on my next build I will test that out.

Hopefully I will get my Prime clone next week and I can compare that to these two as well.

I can say without a doubt these two tanks blow my siren V1 out of the water in every aspect.
I enjoyed your observations :thumbs:
Who is manufacturer of your Skyline?

Reactions: stols001

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I was explaining that the listing is Wrong, I filled mine with a syringe & it holds 4 mill!
FT has The SXK not the SJMY :) & it's Sold out.
I ordered a Coppervape V2 clone from FT. You are right that they hold about 4ml. Always wanted one of these since I love the V1 but will never order anything that only holds 2ml. Excellent RTA. Plan to order another before they disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread