The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vape Meet in Western NC

Discussion in 'Events and Fundraising Questions and Comments' started by Trev1138, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trev1138

Trev1138 Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey folks,

I manage a Carrabba's Italian Grill in
    Hickory, NC.

I want to have a private lunch for vapers. Think combination of meet & greet for vapers in the area plus great opportunity to enjoy a vape in public while having a great meal. I can provide the place and the food for FREE. Just need enough people to make it worth having. Madvapes is nearby so if we can get a good crowd together, maybe we can get them to come out and show us some of their new stuff.

Just in the initial idea forming stage now. Looking for ideas to make this an event worth attending. Post or PM me with what day of the week you'd like it to be, and what I can do to get a bunch of people to come and make it a great experience for all.

Hickory is in western North Carolina about an hour from Asheville, Charlotte, Winston-Salem and Boone. 90 minutes from Greensboro as well as Greenville and Columbia SC.

Anyone interested?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

2. NCVaper

NCVaper Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2011
    North Carolina USA
    I wish I didn't live so far away, because I'd definitely be in! FREE CARRABBA'S!

-Andrew

3. BiancaMontgomery

BiancaMontgomery SQUIRREL! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2010
    North Carolina
    You're 153 miles from me...I might be able to swing this. :D

4. NCVaper

NCVaper Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2011
    North Carolina USA
    People will do anything for free food lol.

-Andrew

5. BiancaMontgomery

BiancaMontgomery SQUIRREL! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2010
    North Carolina
    I'm more interested in getting a night away from home and meeting some fellow vapers...but food is good too. :)

6. Trev1138

Well those who are interested, inquire on your favorite threads. I need to get 10 or more to even think about it. I could handle as many people as could possibly come but im hoping i can get 20-30 at least. Im right next to the convention center and 6 hotels so Id like to someday have Vapestock or Vapercon size events here. But i just want a cool lunch with a couple vendors and bunch of vapers to start.

7. bcordell70

bcordell70 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2009
    Black Mountain, NC
    I would be so up for this....

8. Daisylee

Daisylee Full Member

Feb 5, 2011
    USA
    I'm on the coast and could manage it if it were a Friday or Saturday. Heading to Salisbury next weekend and to Cherokee the week of the 15th, but I imagine that's too soon for it to get pulled together.

9. Trev1138

Probably but anyone is welcome to stop in anytime. I usually work Friday thru Tuesday and always love meeting vapers. I allow their use in my restaurant if I dont get hassled too much by other customers. Ive never had to tell anyone to stop other than idiots who use minis with red leds which look like analogs from 10 feet away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.