• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

VAPE MEET! Thu 9/27 7PM - Weekends-Crazy Horse Saloon in Rowlett (by the lake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hmmm. I'm told that;s a honky tonk kind of place, dance floor, etc. And I've never danced there.

I'll see if I can make it out. If I remember right, you take I-30 to the Dalrock road exit, then aim for the marina.

Yep, been their a few times, after the Dalrock exit, head to the right-hand side (left would be over the bridge towards Rowlett, for those unfamiliar). There are signs all over it, or at least there were at one time.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I've talked with my dancing-girl, and she's up for dancing at Crazy Horse on Thursday. We should arrive roughly 9:00. (We will try to beat the 9:00 cover, but not sure we can.)

And we'll be there until at least 10:30 or 11:00, possilbly later. I'll visit with the vapers a bit, but I'll mostly be there to dance. We've been saying we were going to stop and dance at that place for awhile and just haven't done it. Mostly we think about it when we pass by on the way to or from Southern Junction.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I saw one other vaper. I listened to karaoke singers, none of which could sing on key. I got there at 8:55, just in time to miss the cover charge, went straight to the bar, and it took until 9:17 (yes, I looked at my phone to see) before we were served.

Horrible bar. We danced once, so we can say "we've danced there". But I have trouble imagining what it would take to get me to go back to that place. 20 minutes standing at the bar (it wasn't busy) to get a drink is nonsense.

We left at 10:00, because I couldn't take the "singing" anymore. I'd been wanting to try the place out, but I don't expect to be back.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I saw one other vaper. I listened to karaoke singers, none of which could sing on key. I got there at 8:55, just in time to miss the cover charge, went straight to the bar, and it took until 9:17 (yes, I looked at my phone to see) before we were served.

Horrible bar. We danced once, so we can say "we've danced there". But I have trouble imagining what it would take to get me to go back to that place. 20 minutes standing at the bar (it wasn't busy) to get a drink is nonsense.

We left at 10:00, because I couldn't take the "singing" anymore. I'd been wanting to try the place out, but I don't expect to be back.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that Baldr. I've been there a couple of times and had a great time (of course, I wasn't there during Karaoke)! There was only one other vaper? How strange. Hopefully the next one is more like the others, and on a weekend so there's a bigger turnout! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread