The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

vape mods and how they mess with the public

Discussion in 'E-Cigarettes in Public' started by Beastvaper_14, Jan 25, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Beastvaper_14

Beastvaper_14 Full Member

Nov 30, 2016
    I have quiet a few vapes each of them have various mods, however using them under the public eye was not a very smart idea. this is because my favourite mods surround the idea of very large clouds which doesn't gain very much credibility among the public due to it getting in their faces etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    One should always endeavor to be considerate and respectful to others wherever possible.

• Like Like x 8
  3. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Like that old saying...............

There is a place for everything and everything in it's place.

• Like Like x 4
  4. smoothgroove

smoothgroove Full Member

Jan 26, 2017
    Whenever I go out to a bar after work I always turn my mod down abit. I only have a kanger sub kit so its not like im blowing out some huge clouds but I dont want to fog up the area around me.

A little trick I use is to inhale the vape and just hold it in my lungs for a few seconds. Three to five seconds of holding it in with the mod set at about 25 watts seems to make nearly all the cloud disappear as I exhale. And i always blow downwards. People take notice of a big cloud of smoke above your head!

• Like Like x 3
  5. KingTurtleLeg

KingTurtleLeg Full Member

Feb 4, 2017
    The only time I'm out in public blowing clouds is in my local vape shop. Other than that in my car or in my house obviously I'm cloud chasing. When just out and about I keep my mod around 65 but I just take smaller puffs considering non smokers / vapors still give me that odd look. Gotta respect ur surroundings to keep vapors a good name

• Like Like x 4
  6. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mods don't blow clouds, vapers do...

• Like Like x 3
  7. KingTurtleLeg

Feb 4, 2017
    Guarunteed but I'm sure u get the point eh?

8. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yup, and my point is that it doesn't matter what you're using, whether it generates tiny wisps or massive clouds. You choose where and how you vape. I'm all for vaping in public, I think it promotes awareness, but I also know how to respect those around me.

• Like Like x 6
  9. KingTurtleLeg

Feb 4, 2017
    Already and it gives the vape community a horrible rep when u see people walking around blowing clouds at random stuff in public for "fun" if u will. It's rude and disrespectful when u do stuff like that and it honestly irritates me to watch it. In traffic whatever at home whatever in a vapor bar whatever but not in general public. Same rule applies for smoking imo

• Like Like x 2
  10. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Yesterday while driving at the end of the Snow Storm when I was sitting at a light a woman standing on the corner waiting to cross blew one heck of a cloud out and it immediately drew my attention. She was dressed very professionally and was not a young person but I could see she had a box MOD and what could have been a Cloud Beast tank in her hand! She received a toot of my horn and a thumbs up!

• Like Like x 6
  11. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    The big clouds annoy me and i vape. I vape when and where i want and nobody notices if there's no visible vapor.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    There is a time and place for everything.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Beastvaper_14

Nov 30, 2016
    props to her then, see stereotypical people believe us vapers to be unemployed teens but actually the vaping community reaches out to the professional branches of society.

14. Beastvaper_14

Nov 30, 2016
    what wattage do you use.

15. Beastvaper_14

Nov 30, 2016
    This is the one thing that i hate about society. its just like when someone is playing their music through a speaker in public, i mean no one wants to hear it. its the same principle; when your walking down the road and your using a vape at like 100 wattage or 150 and your creating massive clouds and you getting it in their face then they wont be happy, they dont like it, so basically STOP IT!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sally91

Sally91 New Member

Mar 13, 2017
    New Jersey
    I feel you! I hate when people behave like they're alone in this world.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BDL95

BDL95 New Member

Apr 19, 2017
    One of the things that turned me off vaping before I started were the inconsiderate people who would blow vapour into the public's faces, so if it's a busy day outside I'll use my evod rather than my mod, and if I'm at a pub I'll go outside with the smokers just because they tend to be okay with it if the volume of vapour is somewhat comparable to that of a cigarette

18. JimboHD2005

JimboHD2005 Full Member

Apr 14, 2017
    I often tend to hang out with the smokers as well if I'm out vaping or search for a smoking area. I remember early on when I first started vaping a few years ago and honestly didn't even think about the other folks around me. It hit me one day when I was in a grocery store parking lot vaping and a couple was walking right behind me. I apologized and to this day have always been considerate of how and when I'm vaping in public and always considerate of my surroundings.

• Like Like x 4
  19. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Vape MOD's do not mess with the public it is the people using them, sort of like guns don't kill people, people kill people.

20. Beastvaper_14

Nov 30, 2016
    wise words that is very true

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.