Vape Newb here

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeSoniq

Jun 15, 2011
DMV
Just wanted to introduce myself. I was a 1-1.5 pack/day smoker, been vaping about 2 weeks now. Randomly spotted an npro at a local 7-11 and decided to snag one on a whim. After a couple days I ordered joye 510 kit hoping the batteries would hold up better. While waiting for my kit to arrive my npro battery failed on me so I rigged up this to keep on vaping. The battery capacity lasted me about a day of use.

The 510 arrived, wasn't satisfied with it's battery capacity, found cartomizers and cartridges to be bothersome and under par performance wise. Tried mini-tanks that fit into stock atomizers, liked them aside from the fact that I drained them too quickly. Found out about the epower and MAP tanks. Now this is my daily vape configuration.

I'm a bit of a tinkerer so I plan to one day make a good slim box mod that uses cellphone batteries but I'm coming up short trying to create a solid battery bay without connection issues.

Hi everyone - I'm new to this site (as in I just joined an hour ago). I'm sure all you "veterans" have heard this a million times before, but to say the e-cig world is overwhelming is an understatement. My search began a few days ago and I almost have a headache from every link, article, ad, comment, etc. that's out there on the internet. Can't even recall how I ended up here but this seems to be the place I need to be.

I've navigated around quite a bit on this site already and done some searches, but I figure a quick post might be the way to go. I initially thought about purchasing an e-cig from GreenSmoke but after reading all the posts here, I've decided against it. What I wanted to know is whether anyone has heard of "Breathe Fresh" - I located an article (top5electroniccigarettes.com) and it listed them as the #1 brand. Thoughts? I've read alot about the kr808 here but wanted some input from you guys.

Some background - I have been smoking for 10 years....Marlboro Menthol 100s (love the taste) and I usually smoke around 6 or 7 cigarettes a day. I know that doesn't sound like a lot to some people, but it is to me. Plus, I'm tired of the coughing and other health issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chemcat

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
Hi everyone - I'm new to this site (as in I just joined an hour ago). I'm sure all you "veterans" have heard this a million times before, but to say the e-cig world is overwhelming is an understatement. My search began a few days ago and I almost have a headache from every link, article, ad, comment, etc. that's out there on the internet. Can't even recall how I ended up here but this seems to be the place I need to be.

Hiya and welcome! I'm pretty new too but I've finally found a way for me to quit smoking cigarettes by using e-cigarettes (or what most people on this forum call PV's or "personal vaporizers"). I'd recommend as a start visiting the ECF library posts and reading "The Wonderful World of Vaping" posts to get an educated idea of the various options you have available. Whatever you decide to do be sure you check the vendors sub forums for deals and coupon codes, you'll save a bunch of money on a kit. Peruse the posts on recommendations I'm sure you'll find something that suits you. Most people recommend either a Joye 510 kit or eGo to start with. Look into these as you can't go wrong with either. Good luck with it!

Last edited:

vert1276

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
seattle

I've navigated around quite a bit on this site already and done some searches, but I figure a quick post might be the way to go. I initially thought about purchasing an e-cig from GreenSmoke but after reading all the posts here, I've decided against it. What I wanted to know is whether anyone has heard of "Breathe Fresh" - I located an article (top5electroniccigarettes.com) and it listed them as the #1 brand. Thoughts? I've read alot about the kr808 here but wanted some input from you guys.

Some background - I have been smoking for 10 years....Marlboro Menthol 100s (love the taste) and I usually smoke around 6 or 7 cigarettes a day. I know that doesn't sound like a lot to some people, but it is to me. Plus, I'm tired of the coughing and other health issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you are looking for a analog size e cig( about the same size as a cigarette) your 2 best choices would be..... Joye 510 or KR808d-1. The advantages to a Kr808 has longer battery life and operate at a higher voltage. Some popular venders selling the KR808 or be
Bloogplanet....Bloog max fusion
smokelessimage......The Volt
myvaporstore.....KR808d-1
Vapor4life.......vaporking
There are others but those venders I know and have used and are great, cheap, fast shipping, and good costumer service! Be careful some venders like grensmoke sells a KR808d-2 the performance is the same but the connection is different. They sell the d-2 so you have to go back to only them and over pay of cartomizers and batteries and shipping

The advantages to the 510 would be when you are ready for something a bit bigger like a Joye eGo or a Riva or a mod. all of your parts like atomizers and cartomizers will work with your new stuff becasue the larger PV's mostly use a 510 connection. The 510 is a great e cig and there is lots of stuff out there for the 510. The downside to the joye 510 is the battery life is just to short for me. needs to be recharged to often IMO.

Any vender on the vender list on this forum that sells a Joye 510 would be fine to order from. Most starter kits will be $25-$40.

Of course you could just skip the mini and get something a little bigger(this is were most people end up anyways within a couple months)
Ego or Riva would be a good choice

Then there is the mod's, don't step in to this world till you know vaping is your you IMO.

Hope this helps :vapor:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
......I'm a bit of a tinkerer so I plan to one day make a good slim box mod that uses cellphone batteries but I'm coming up short trying to create a solid battery bay without connection issues.

You are a little late. It's already been made and is being sold. It's variable volt, uses an 1800 mAh I-phone battery as well as uses a regulated boost circuit and gets 21+ hours on a charge for a heavy vaper. It's called the Darwin:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ressions-newest-pre-production-prototype.html

But there is nothing wrong with improving on it!!

Good Luck and keep us informed.

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
I also smoke Marlbro Menthol and so far my I have found the Smokeless Image Volt with Ice Menthol cartos to be the most satisfying for me. Good luck with your quest it can be overwhelming at first but the advantages out way the frustration every time.

Last edited:

Drak

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Maryland
Hey VapeSonic, I started out rockin' an E-Power too, am still using it but bought a VV Mod I'm liking a lot lately, I like having both around, they operate slightly differently, and different juices react a little differently to each so I keep on rockin' the E-Power too (with dual coil cartos, personally I love those things).

We're pretty close, my Vape date/analog closure is June 3rd.

Keep reading, keep asking, and Keep Vaping!

ThreePutt

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
DFW Texas
Welcome from another newb! I'm enjoying my eGo-T that I bought yesterday, although I think I'm draining the tank too fast. Probably because I'm hitting the dang thing every minute or two. But the vapor, taste, and battery life are tops!

Good luck in your journey! You've come to the right place, as everyone is knowledgeable and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread