Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Nothing of any significance.

Got demoted at work back in may.
Got re-promoted to almost the same
Job just they combined it with another one in June.
Got engaged in July.
Got worked like a dog in August.
Turned 30 in September.
Dealing with more and more drama in October including learning that my 2 minute work commute may turn into 30-45 minutes depending on traffic and weather for the winter.

So yeah nothing really exciting. :lol:

Ontariolady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
Muskoka, Ontario
Nothing of any significance.

Got demoted at work back in may.
Got re-promoted to almost the same
Job just they combined it with another one in June.
Got engaged in July.
Got worked like a dog in August.
Turned 30 in September.
Dealing with more and more drama in October including learning that my 2 minute work commute may turn into 30-45 minutes depending on traffic and weather for the winter.

So yeah nothing really exciting. :lol:

Wow, um ok

That sucks
That's wicked
More work sucks
Wahoooo Congrats
Woof
Only 30?!?! S T F U - you suck
Don't get caught doing anything inappropriate in traffic

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Well, since we're going all the way back to May..

Moved to new house.
Renovated entire backyard with walkway, patio, gazebo and new sod.
Planted Perennial garden along side of house.
Parents visited for 4 months.
BBQ almost every evening in the summer.
2 rounds of Golf.. yes, just two. Down from over 2 dozen just 4 years ago before my lovely daughter came along.
1 week trip to Mexico.
2 x 1 week trips to the U.S on business.
Built 4x8 garage workbench.
Built tool-rack and wall-rack in garage.
Learning to ice-skate with my daughter. What the heck, I don't get to Golf, might as well learn to skate right?!
Re-model of basement in progress.

Oh yeah, bought 2008 Ford Edge 3 weeks ago, to replace aging Pontiac GrandPrix.

Work has been the one constant through it all!!

p.s - ECF Moderator fit in there too.. :D

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
Soooo..... did it show up yet?

I won a few things from VaperGeek (in Ottawa area) on Friday the 13th, that would be back in July, haven't got it yet. Sent an email a month after the win.....still waiting for the reply.

Hmmm.... Public Humiliation? Maybe.

It kind of irkes me when vendors sponsor vaping shows & pump themselves & do these "give aways" yet never send out the prizes

After I posted last time I received a promise that even if it had to be purchased from another vendor I would get it and then...........nothing. I think I've been smiley patient long enough.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
No cocktail hour for me. I'm working. So just vaping my head off, really.

I think I solved the computer issues that were plaguing me the last week or so. Turned out to be overheating thanks to some thermal paste that had dried and crumbled on the heat sink. After scraping it off and applying a fresh coat she's good as new and I can get back to proper videos again without having to shell out big money for replacement parts. (Though I did overpay for the thermal paste -- $13 for a tiny tube at The Source. But it was the only place around me that had it, so...) This is good because I have a horrendous backlog to plow through and at least 3 more packages in transit still. I have juice coming out my ears. Thankfully it's good juice. So far.

My workplace has been laying off thanks to the economy and the crap winters we've had the last couple of years. (Our business tends to be quite seasonal.) Our shipping manager has taken over the shipper's laid-off position, and a couple of other office workers take turns at the now-vacant receptionist's position. That means that, apart from the accounts recievable and payable girls, and our one remaining picker/packer, I'm the one in the office with the least seniority now, even though I've been here over 7 years. This makes me nervous.

But in better news I've been testing out some new flavourings and, apart from a serious need to steep for at least a week, they're turning out to be quite excellent for the most part. I'm gonna have some fun putting them to work.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Keeping my fingers crossed that things work out for you bud.

With regards to the job, me too. I mean it would be hard for this place to get by without me (by which I mean they'd have a hard time keeping up demand if my position were eliminated because there wouldn't be enough staff to pick up the slack) but I'm not taking any chances. :)

As far as my computer goes, I think I've got the problem licked. No crashes in over two days, running cool, so the problem seems to have definitely been a heat issue. I'm glad, because otherwise I was going to have to go (oppa) Ghetto Style with my reviews doing them from my iPhone and just doing basic editing in iMovie. Thankfully I don't have to. Which is good because I've got such a backlog it's not even funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread