Vape Pen 22 leakage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolimans

Jan 31, 2019
I've recently bought a vape Pen 22 and I've been liking it so far, but I have a problem. It leaks some e juice out of the air vents. I've tried using some Thread seal tape between the coil and the air vents to prevent it from happening but it didn't work. Also tried tightening it harder, nothing.

Is this leakage bad if it gets in contact with my skin.
And can the Thread seal tape cause problems?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've recently bought a Vape Pen 22 and I've been liking it so far, but I have a problem. It leaks some e juice out of the air vents. I've tried using some Thread seal tape between the coil and the air vents to prevent it from happening but it didn't work. Also tried tightening it harder, nothing.
Welcome and glad you joined. The information below may help with tank problems.
Might like to read:
Coil Priming 101 | E-Cigarette Forum
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
Most Frequently Asked Vaping Questions Part 2
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum
How many watts do you vape at?
14 Easy Tips To Fix Your Leaking Clearomiser | E-Cigarette Direct
TFV8 leaking

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Welcome to ECF @Rolimans – As other have mentioned, e-juice on the skin is not harmful. However, leaking is a bit discouraging for no one wants to deal with a leaky tank…it just messy! You may want to try a different coil.

Will say that I would advise against trying to seal with tape or over tightening. Not that I think the tape is harmful but it along with overtightening could lead to the components seizing within your tank in which you may cause damage trying to get them apart.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi, I have the vape pen 22. I was given it. I think I was given it because you cannot fix the design fault. Answer... don't buy Smok products. Maybe you can get a refund or partial credit from the store that sold it to you? I'd try that, then probably give up, because Smok don't care, nor do many stores.
Next time, you'll know what not to buy. :) I hope it was cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread