Vape pen throat hit too harsh,solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hello everyone I started vaping electronic cigarettes 2 months ago.I purchase an njoy,Blu,Logic,and an Apollo all disposables that where great and got me off cigarettes [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]immediately[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] but expensive to maintain so like everyone else i upgraded,I bought an Ego Ce4 and a ego t and 6mg Vaperlicious cherry bomb e juice.It was harsh on my throat i looked up why and found out what a throat hit was it was claimed to be a good thing but for me it was a terrible experience the pg vg ratio was 60/40.I took it to my vape shop to see if it was my set up the owner took a puff and said nothing was wrong with it and all e juices have a throat hit like this and couldn't explain to me why i loved the e cigs but not the vape the last thing he said was to try new juice so i bought zues ry4 and its still too harsh even at 50/50.I really want a solution to this if that terrible throat hit wasn't there i would be more than satisfied it's like a dry harsh feeling but the e cigs where more like a smooth feeling and that throat feeling was pleasant.Any solution to this?I also bought a Kanger Evod 2 tank but that was just much harsher. I've tried 5 e juices and let a few of them steep but still a bad reaction i don't want to start smoking cigarettes again but when i have to go threw all this throat pain for some nicotine i lose hope.Any advise would be so much appreciated.[/FONT]

mikek1

Jul 21, 2014
US
There's a few different kind of ego batteries, can you adjust the voltage on yours? Is it a ego-c or ego twist?

I think you might be sensitive to pg like me. You should try 70%vg/30%pg, You can try up to 80%vg but you might have problems with that tank and battery since the juice will be really thick,

One more thing are you inhaling direct to lungs or mouth and then lungs?

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
Hello everyone I started vaping electronic cigarettes 2 months ago.I purchase an Njoy,Blu,Logic,and an Apollo all disposables that where great and got me off cigarettes immediately but expensive to maintain so like everyone else i upgraded,I bought an Ego Ce4 and a ego t and 6mg Vaperlicious cherry bomb e juice.It was harsh on my throat i looked up why and found out what a throat hit was it was claimed to be a good thing but for me it was a terrible experience the pg vg ratio was 60/40.I took it to my vape shop to see if it was my set up the owner took a puff and said nothing was wrong with it and all e juices have a throat hit like this and couldn't explain to me why i loved the e cigs but not the vape the last thing he said was to try new juice so i bought zues ry4 and its still too harsh even at 50/50.I really want a solution to this if that terrible throat hit wasn't there i would be more than satisfied it's like a dry harsh feeling but the e cigs where more like a smooth feeling and that throat feeling was pleasant.Any solution to this?I also bought a Kanger Evod 2 tank but that was just much harsher. I've tried 5 e juices and let a few of them steep but still a bad reaction i don't want to start smoking cigarettes again but when i have to go threw all this throat pain for some nicotine i lose hope.Any advise would be so much appreciated.

When using nicotine e juice the more PG the more the TH caused by nicotine will be amplified and more with higher levels of nicotine, using a juice with higher or high VG will lessen the TH.

PG will give you more of a dry feel since PG is not a good vapor producer, but is meant for TH and a better flavor carrier than VG.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
A lot of people are sensitive to the ingredients in e-lquid. For many it's the pg, for some it the vg, but it can also be the flavorings. There are some flavors I just can't handle. Nicotine itself is harsh too and sometimes the juice flavor doesn't mix with it very well. I find it has a peppery taste. Vendors use different recipes, so one's 12mg orange may be fine and another's my your throat hurt. So what if the guy at the vape store said there was nothing wrong with it? You didn't like it, that's what matters.

You may not have been a menthol smoker, but vaping isn't the same as smoking and in the beginning new vapers often find juices with menthol, mint or "Koolada" (sometime called a Cold Shot or Cool Hit) refreshing and more satisfying; especially, since it can be difficult to taste complex flavors until your taste buds and sense of smell have time to heal from years of amoking.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
you may be sensitive to PG... I have issues with PG, causes throat irritation and coughing... I went to 100VG juices ( Heathers Heavenly Vapes) and no longer have the problems with throat irritation ....
also, hi nicotine levels can lead to harsh vaping for some people. Some possible ideas would include going to a 100VG juice, lowering the nic, and finding a smoother flavor. Some flavors like menthol, citrus, cinnamons can be a bit rough to handle..

and.... lowering the watts/volts can help too

Yea the guy at the shop was a bit of a jerk i think it had something to do with the fact i was a girl and there where only guys in there but that's a different story.

I use to smoke Newport menthol i did realize i made a mistake by going straight to a fruit flavor instead of something similar to menthol that's why i tried the ry4 i'm pretty sure i would like it if it wasn't for the throat hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread