The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vape salts are discoloured

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by Kakakakatie, Nov 22, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kakakakatie

Kakakakatie Full Member

Nov 22, 2019
    I’ve noticed that my vape salts vary in colour quite often. Same flavour but one could be pale and another could be dark amber. Is this a quality control problem. Are they safe?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Most all juice will darken over time as the nicotine oxidizes. As long as you bought authentic juice from a reputable seller, it should be fine.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Electrodave

Electrodave Cool Vapor Cool Vaper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    Salt nicotine starts out a light straw color. When it's blended with VG and exposed to the air (there's air in them pods), it can get very dark amber.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Not to worry about unless like you get sick, or it starts tasting off. I would say that across the board with most nic, honestly and salts are no exception.
    Anna

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Liquid nicotine darkens with age and exposure. No biggy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Daniel R Martin

Daniel R Martin Full Member

Dec 11, 2019
    I have some oxidized salts that are yellow and smell peppery. It def tastes different and runs my flavors. I sent the manufacture a pic and they apologized and are sending me new nic. If it was okay I'm sure they would tell me color doesnt matter

7. Figs

Figs Super Member ECF Veteran

Also depends on the strength. 96mg nic will be darker than 48, which will be darker than 24. Simply because there is more nic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. spaceman84

spaceman84 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2013
    North Carolina
    Likely just oxidation. If it's the same flavor, the darker one is probably just older or possibly stored in a warmer environment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SoCalvaper

SoCalvaper Full Member

Jan 25, 2020
    These above two is what I found after researching and now with my own experience.

I had a bottle of 20 mg and it was much lighter even after oxidizing compared to a 50 mg.