Vape shop sued for selling Juul

Status
Not open for further replies.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Franklin County mother sues JUUL, vape shop over twin daughters alleged addiction to vaping

A Franklin County mother is suing e-cigarette manufacturer juul Labs, a Hilliard vape shop and its owners – alleging that her twin daughters became addicted to vaping through juul’s online marketing campaigns. The lawsuit also alleges that the Hilliard Smoke House allowed the girls to purchase the product with ease – despite being underage.​

Nasty development. Vape shops can't afford expensive lawyers.:blink:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Lawsuit: N.J. dad who bought JUUL products for son blames company for teen's nicotine addiction

Father buys his son a Juul because he asked for one. Father says he didn't realize it has nicotine. Dude, it has a large warning on the box.

FDA-warning.png

:facepalm: I guess you CAN'T fix stupid.

Last edited:

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Lawsuit: N.J. dad who bought JUUL products for son blames company for teen's nicotine addiction

Father buys his son a Juul because he asked for one. Father says he didn't realize it has nicotine. Dude, it has a large warning on the box -- "WARNING: CONTAINS NICOTINE. NICOTINE IS AN ADDICTIVE DRUG."

:facepalm: I guess you CAN'T fix stupid.

warning-this-product-contains-nicotine-nicotine-is-an-addictive-chemical-vape-art.jpg

One of the biggest issues with people living in this society is the lack of reading skills. They see images, but no letters or numbers. Just today I was on Facebook and a company had posted a bag with its price right below the picture. Yet many people were replying to the post with “price please”. Like please lady, read the post.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Franklin County mother sues JUUL, vape shop over twin daughters alleged addiction to vaping

A Franklin County mother is suing e-cigarette manufacturer JUUL Labs, a Hilliard vape shop and its owners – alleging that her twin daughters became addicted to vaping through JUUL’s online marketing campaigns. The lawsuit also alleges that the Hilliard Smoke House allowed the girls to purchase the product with ease – despite being underage.​

Nasty development. Vape shops can't afford expensive lawyers.:blink:

Yes I do think this is a nasty development on a number of levels.

That said if sellers of vape gear of any kind and JUUL in Specific had been more diligent in not selling to underage people we might not be facing some of the garbage we are as vapers these days. Those that sell to underage SHOULD have consequences.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
The issue is not nicotine. The issue is personal responsibility.
Yeah so true but so many people don't take responsibility these days for anything. That includes their kids I am sorry to say. I remember when i first started work the head honcho said he'd give me one piece of advice which I should remember for life, "If you make a mistake, own up to it and move on".

Can you imagine someone telling that to kids these day's they'd just go ...........huh

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

That said if sellers of vape gear of any kind and JUUL in Specific had been more diligent in not selling to underage people we might not be facing some of the garbage we are as vapers these days. Those that sell to underage SHOULD have consequences.
In the case that I posted above, the father should have been heavily fined for introducing his under-aged son to using a nicotine device. In most states, parents can be fined and arrested for providing cigarettes and e-cigarettes to their under-aged children. It's that way in Ohio.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

If Juul is selling direct to the public then yes they should face consequences. If Juul is just wholesaling then the blame falls on the retailer that is selling to minors.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
If Juul is selling direct to the public then yes they should face consequences. If Juul is just wholesaling then the blame falls on the retailer that is selling to minors.
The store that sold it SHOULD be held responsible. That store is part of the group being sued.

Reactions: jjcordone

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The store that sold it SHOULD be held responsible. That store is part of the group being sued.
If your talking about the case above the only one responsible is the father. Neither Juul or the shop hold any liability.

The one about the twin daughters. The shop should hold the liability and not Juul.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
If your talking about the case above the only one responsible is the father. Neither Juul or the shop hold any liability.
No I was talking about the lawsuit in the OP not the one Bad was talking about. I actually agree in the one Bad listed the father should be held responsible.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

As the issues are usually not found in dedicated vape shops but rather convenience stores and gas stations, which is the better place to enforce existing law? But as that seems to require way too much effort, as who wants to harass the 7 Eleven you need at 11 PM to pick up some milk, nail polish remover, some Doritos and a 6 pack?

I'd love to see every vaper boycott convenience stores for selling to minors (including cigarettes not just Juuls and alcohol). I'd love to see all those parents worried about their kids do the same, but they won't for the same reasons already stated.

Edit: if Hilliard Smoke House did sell to minors I'd boycott them too. I'd love to know how the parent knows the kids bought the product "with ease" from that store.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
One of the biggest issues with people living in this society is the lack of reading skills. They see images, but no letters or numbers. Just today I was on Facebook and a company had posted a bag with its price right below the picture. Yet many people were replying to the post with “price please”. Like please lady, read the post.
This is all too real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread