Vape smoke burning my insides! Couldn't find any help anywhere :c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitro747

Feb 21, 2017
Hello there!
First of all I will introduce myself and my history with smoking. I want to get rid of this bad habit, specially since I have chronic insomnia and I smoke before sleep because it helps me out with that. But I don't want to damage my lungs any further and my family has a bad history with cigarette related cancer :/. I used to smoke a lot of mallboro reds, camels, but my favorite one is Gudam Garam.

A friend of mine introduced me to vaping, but since she lives very far away from me she just explained me and told me what was better to buy for a beginner. I got an innokin Coolfire Pebble, which reviewers said it was the best for starters. And since I once used a vape from a friend, I found the experience very pleasant. The fog was smooth and nice to pull, it was almost cold and it gave me a nice head buzz, kinda like the one you get from your first cigarette from the day.

However, I'm extremely frustrated with this vaping device experience I got. It arrived yesterday. The coil has 0.8ohms of resistance and I tried many different wattages to see what would work best. Problem is that whenever I inhale that thing it is extremely hot and I feel like my throat and lungs are being burnt. I checked many videos and forums around (including this one), trying to find a hint on what's going on, but the information I got was very confusing and I couldnt understand anything. I noticed that vaping at 12W doesnt give me this effect if I dont inhale it, but the buzz is almost unnoticeable and it is still not that nice of an experience. I increase it to 20 and I feel like I'm swallowing hot lava. The voltage is around 3.9 and I dont know how to lower it too. The liquid I'm using is 12mg/ml, vanilla flavored and it doesnt seem to be the problem. What am I doing wrong? This is completely different than the cold, smooth and nice vaping experience I had while using the vape of that friend of mine. I bought a cigarette pack today and the smoke definitely doesnt burns my throat and lungs and it is a lot smoother than when I vape...

I will try some things:
1- Change the coil, since I think I dry lighted it accidently while first playing with the vape. Then there is a question: is it safe to change the coil and store it somewhere for latter use?

2- Change the liquid to a 0mg one, but there is another problem: do I need to change the coil too since it is already soaked with the other fluid?

3- Maybe mix this fluid with the 0mg one to reduce nicotine would be effective?

Sorry guys, but I really dont know where else to find the answers...
PS: my atomizer is a Slipstream, a very good one. I tried putting airflow to the max, with no good results at all as well...
PS2: I believe my liquids are made entirely of PG since it only says PG in the ingredients part.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
You are using a sub-ohm coil that is usually used for direct lung hits. It sounds to me by what your saying is you like a cool mouth to lung vape. Do they offer coils of higher resistance? 1.2 or 1.5? The coil you have is recommended for 20-30 watts which may be to much for you. That's what it sounds like to me, hopefully someone else will chime in with more information as I myself don't sub-ohm.

Nitro747

Feb 21, 2017
Problem is that where I live these things are not much available... It would be extremely costly and would take lots of time to get a different coil. I do think that maybe a higher resistance coil would be better, but even vaping at 16W makes me wanna puke and drink the Atlantic Ocean worth of water... I only got this vape because my sis bought it for me from abroad. There are no "vape shops" where I live unfortunately...

Also, when I used my friend's vape it was at 60W and I was making huge clouds, it was kinda funny the first time because I didn't expected that :p But the difference is: the fog from that vape was smooth, tasted nice, I felt it was waaay less hot than a cigarette smoke. This one just goes down burning everything. Even if I hold it on my mouth only, if I accidently release a bit of fog from my nose I will feel my nose burning as well as my throat :/

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
One issue it could be is using 100% PG. PG can be rather harsh. If you can find some, get some vegetable glycerin, or VG. VG is a lot smoother. Just mix about 50% VG with your existing juice. It'll lower the nic level, smooth out your vape, I believe. Maybe that'll help you.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Nitro747

Feb 21, 2017
One issue it could be is using 100% PG. PG can be rather harsh. If you can find some, get some vegetable glycerin, or VG. VG is a lot smoother. Just mix about 50% VG with your existing juice. It'll lower the nic level, smooth out your vape, I believe. Maybe that'll help you.

Can I just buy the VG and pour it directly into the atomizer together with the other liquid? Where could I find this substance?

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Can I just buy the VG and pour it directly into the atomizer together with the other liquid? Where could I find this substance?
It's best to take some of your current liquid, say 10ml, and add 5ml of VG and mix well. Then you use it in your atomizer. VG can be found in pharmacies, Wal-Mart carries it if you have one of those around. Not sure what kind of stores you have available to you, but check that kind of place first.

Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place
This video may help you understand how to use your tank. Did you prime the coils? It also shows the operation of the mod you are using.

I also see that both the mod and tank offer temp control with the right coil and that there is a .5 Stainless steel coil, did you get that with your starter kit? If so follow the directions in the video and set it up for temp control and about 375°F 190°C. See how it is and adjust up or down depending on your taste. I like about 450°F myself. For Juice 50/50 PG/VG seems like the best for use in a tank but a little ether way is fine also. I use about 70%VG myself. Since that is a subohm tank you do not want high nic in it, since you are coming from smokes I would start with 12 mg/ml and move up or down depending on your liking.

Nitro747

Feb 21, 2017
Where are you located? You can pop into a local chemist and find VG readily available.

Sub ohm vaping at high nicotine/high PG levels can cause the burning you are describing. Can you tell me what ratio your liquid is?

It is 12mg/ml of nicotine, not that much. I have a liquid with 0 nicotine and another with 18mg. I decided to start with the 12mg/ml one just because I didn't know how the experience with an 18mg one would be...

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

Nitro747

Feb 21, 2017
It's best to take some of your current liquid, say 10ml, and add 5ml of VG and mix well. Then you use it in your atomizer. VG can be found in pharmacies, Wal-Mart carries it if you have one of those around. Not sure what kind of stores you have available to you, but check that kind of place first.

Thanks! I will see if I can find VG in the local drugstore, though I highly doubt they will have any :p

Reactions: pwheeler

Nitro747

Feb 21, 2017
This video may help you understand how to use your tank. Did you prime the coils? It also shows the operation of the mod you are using.

I also see that both the mod and tank offer temp control with the right coil and that there is a .5 Stainless steel coil, did you get that with your starter kit? If so follow the directions in the video and set it up for temp control and about 375°F 190°C. See how it is and adjust up or down depending on your taste. I like about 450°F myself. For Juice 50/50 PG/VG seems like the best for use in a tank but a little ether way is fine also. I use about 70%VG myself. Since that is a subohm tank you do not want high nic in it, since you are coming from smokes I would start with 12 mg/ml and move up or down depending on your liking.

The Pebble, which is the one I own doesn't have temp control unfortunately, otherwise I'd be putting it as low as possible. The coil is actually 0.8 from this kit. And I do use a 12mg nicotine liquite as well.

Reactions: Painter_

cadman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
1- Change the coil, since I think I dry lighted it accidently while first playing with the vape. Then there is a question: is it safe to change the coil and store it somewhere for latter use?

If you had no liquid in the tank, sounds like you burned the cotton in your coil when you dry fired it. You are correct, changing the coil might help. If you burned the cotton in the coil, might as well throw it away.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Knock it off

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
If you had no liquid in the tank, sounds like you burned the cotton in your coil when you dry fired it. You are correct, changing the coil might help. If you burned the cotton in the coil, might as well throw it away.
I totally agree that it sounds like The OP has burned the cotton on the coil.

To the OP----Nitro747,

Change to a new one and prime it before hitting the fire button....Prime = put a few drops of your juice in the coil and the slots on the sides, as much as it can hold without making a huge mess. Assemble tank and put on the mod and allow to sit for a couple of mins. Then without hitting the fire button take a couple of puffs to help pull the juice through the coil. If it sounds gurglely, take a tissue and holding it to the air slots gently blow through the drip tip to clear the center air chamber. Turn the watts on the mod down really low. Take a puff, pause, another one and up the watts a little. This is known as breaking in a new coil and must be done with each 'new' on you install. After finding where it taste good and you like it, keep the watts there and proceed to vape normally. When refilling the tank with juice no need to repeat this process. When the vape starts tasting bad or not performing like it did, its time to change to a new coil. And follow the above process again.

:)

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Hi and welcome- sorry to hear you are having a problem with vaping- I believe you burned out the coil- throw it out and try the other coil! Please prime the coil with eliquid like the others have explained! Better see if you can get a couple of 5 packs of these coils somewhere! Coils do not last very long, and they are thrown out after use!

Nitro747

Feb 21, 2017
I totally agree that it sounds like The OP has burned the cotton on the coil.

To the OP----Nitro747,

Change to a new one and prime it before hitting the fire button....Prime = put a few drops of your juice in the coil and the slots on the sides, as much as it can hold without making a huge mess. Assemble tank and put on the mod and allow to sit for a couple of mins. Then without hitting the fire button take a couple of puffs to help pull the juice through the coil. If it sounds gurglely, take a tissue and holding it to the air slots gently blow through the drip tip to clear the center air chamber. Turn the watts on the mod down really low. Take a puff, pause, another one and up the watts a little. This is known as breaking in a new coil and must be done with each 'new' on you install. After finding where it taste good and you like it, keep the watts there and proceed to vape normally. When refilling the tank with juice no need to repeat this process. When the vape starts tasting bad or not performing like it did, its time to change to a new coil. And follow the above process again.

Damn man, I confidently followed every single step you said, but it is still the same thing. I press the button, let it into my mouth (though it is extremely hard since it almost goes directly into my lungs) and when I finish the puff by blowing or letting it in my lungs a bit I cant help but feeling my throat itchy and burning and end up coughing and really not liking it at all...

It is very weird since my first vaping experience with that friend of mine was the total oposite :(

Edit: I just saw a video and didnt know I should put also inside that tiny hole in the center of the coil, I dropped only in the side open parts... I guess that's maybe 2 coils wasted? DX

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Damn man, I confidently followed every single step you said, but it is still the same thing. I press the button, let it into my mouth (though it is extremely hard since it almost goes directly into my lungs) and when I finish the puff by blowing or letting it in my lungs a bit I cant help but feeling my throat itchy and burning and end up coughing and really not liking it at all...

It is very weird since my first vaping experience with that friend of mine was the total oposite :(
Oh my. Is the ejuice you are using new? Have you used it before in other tanks setups? Take a drop of juice on your finger and taste. If its the juice it you should know it right away.

What watts are you at? What is the ohm reading for the coils? Can you post a pic so we can see the tank?

Reactions: SnapDragon NY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread