Vape suggestion

lamywaby

Moved On
Feb 8, 2023
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at switching over from smoking (water pipe & Bowls) to vaping. I've narrowed my search down to 4 vapes that are in my price range and that I think would be good

for keeping in my man cave for when I rip movies tv and video games. I don't want to attach this to any piece or have to fill up a bag. The 4 I've narrowed down to are the

Enano, da buddha, the silver surfer, and the plenty. Out of these 4, what do you guys think would be best for the transition to vaping? Which one is the healthiest?

lamywaby

Moved On
Feb 8, 2023
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at switching over from smoking (water pipe & Bowls) to vaping. I've narrowed my search down to 4 vapes that are in my price range and that I think would be good

for keeping in my man cave for when I rip movies tv and video games. I don't want to attach this to any piece or have to fill up a bag. The 4 I've narrowed down to are the

Enano, da buddha, the silver surfer, and the plenty. Out of these 4, what do you guys think would be best for the transition to vaping? Which one is the healthiest? https://www.dampfi.ch/e-zigaretten-aktionen-schnaeppchen.html
And any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Sorry but I've never heard of any of the 4 that you mentioned.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that just about ANY vaping "starter kit" and some juice is better than smoking. :)

A few points to consider are:

If you are intent on 'making the switch' to full time vaping whatever setup you purchase likely will use a battery (ether internal or replaceable) which will power your device for a short to a bit longer time. Here's where many opt for:

- devices that you can vape on while it is charging (IE: corded vaping or pass through charging)
    - devices that have replaceable batteries
    - having more than one device (1 charging or in reserve while 1 is in use)

Then there's the juice and juice capacity. Devices with higher vapor output use up juice faster than ones with lower vapor output. You'll need/want ether device(s) with enough capacity to last between when you can refill it or carry a small juice bottle with you so you can refill while out and about.

Back in 2014 when I bought my first 'kit' I think it was >=$75USD. That bought me a adjustable device that would last a few hours (read 2) and 1.8ML juice capacity. It worked - within 3 days I had switched %100 to vaping. #1 was getting better battery capacity (run time) and then #2 more juice capacity followed by #3 higher vapor output and #4 having everything rebuildable/replaceable.

Good Luck!

g.

Reactions: TARTARA

lamywaby

Moved On
    Feb 8, 2023
    Sorry but I've never heard of any of the 4 that you mentioned.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that just about ANY vaping "starter kit" and some juice is better than smoking. :)

A few points to consider are:

If you are intent on 'making the switch' to full time vaping whatever setup you purchase likely will use a battery (ether internal or replaceable) which will power your device for a short to a bit longer time. Here's where many opt for:

- devices that you can vape on while it is charging (IE: corded vaping or pass through charging)
    - devices that have replaceable batteries
    - having more than one device (1 charging or in reserve while 1 is in use)

Then there's the juice and juice capacity. Devices with higher vapor output use up juice faster than ones with lower vapor output. You'll need/want ether device(s) with enough capacity to last between when you can refill it or carry a small juice bottle with you so you can refill while out and about.

Back in 2014 when I bought my first 'kit' I think it was >=$75USD. That bought me a adjustable device that would last a few hours (read 2) and 1.8ML juice capacity. It worked - within 3 days I had switched %100 to vaping. #1 www.red-vape.ch was getting better battery capacity (run time) and then #2 more juice capacity followed by #3 higher vapor output and #4 having everything rebuildable/replaceable.

Good Luck!

g.
    also thank you so much for your such suggestion

Reactions: TARTARA

GriffVape

Apr 23, 2023
    Bristol, UK
    Hey everyone,

Enano, da buddha, the silver surfer, and the plenty. Out of these 4, what do you guys think would be best for the transition to vaping? Which one is the healthiest?
    This thread was posted a while back but I know when I made the switch I was on the fence for a long long time and just wanted someone to tell me that I could make the switch. So I'll chime in.

Firstly, if I can do it, any one can dude. I smoked joints daily for 18 years, normally about 2-3g per day. I fully switched within 2 weeks once I begun. Feb 2022 never looked back, lungs much better now.

As for the vapes you are deciding between. They aren't all overly comparable.
    Two of them are quite similar though, the da buddha and the silver surfer.
    I actually have a silver surfer. Personally it's my least favourite...but also my favourite vape. The reason it is my favourite, you can push it right to the edge with this vape, you can get your weed as close to combusting as possible and fast...but that is also the reason it is my least favourite...it's really easy to combust. I was using it a few days ago for about a week and all was going OK, I thought I had it nailed again and then I combusted again couple nights ago...when you've been vaping a while, you wont want to combust, it's horrible :)
    I don't have any experience with the enano.
    I don't have experience with the plenty however I do own a mighty+ so I do have experience of storz and bickel products and have a pretty good idea of how the plenty would be. And therein, I expect it will do the job very well...but only to a point. Storz and Bickel are quite conservative with their temps to fully avoid any chance of combustion, but in my opinion, they don't quite push far enough. The Mighty is a great vape, but a nice dynavap hit after a Mighty bowl will really set the mood.

Desktop vapes seem less hassle than portables but honestly I find using my 2 desktops more of a faff than using my portables and as such use them less. Also, more stirring required, most portables don't require much or any stirring. Much less of a just pack a bowl and vape like having a joint, although can be comparable to a .... hit.
    As far as not wanting to attach it to a piece...I would recommend it. Vaping is drier than smoking, water does help. I use a .... for most of my hotter hits which is where the real fun happens. Although not always with water, dry bongs are also really nice with vaping. Water takes a bit of flavour away but does cool nicely.

For recommending a vape. I'd have to recommend more than one. Most good brands are fine and you'll be good to get started with nearly any vape...but spend some half decent money. The Silver surfer is good sort of territory as far as cost etc, although it's quite an old vape too now. I have an Arizer EQ, Silver Surfer, Mighty+, Davinci Miqro and a Dynavap. They all have pros and cons but if I had to live with just one, I would probably go with the Arizer as its the most versatile.
    That being said my daily drivers are actually my Mighty+ and my Dynvap. Every vaper should have a dynavap, they're great...but hit it through a .....
    Personally I started with a portable, my first was a Healthy Rips Rogue until I dropped it, it did the job alright and it started the passion which led to all the rest so you really can start with pretty much anything...as long as its convection.

Check out Troy and Jerry Think Dank on YT, they are great with their reviews and vape knowledge.

lamywaby

Moved On
    Feb 8, 2023
    This thread was posted a while back but I know when I made the switch I was on the fence for a long long time and just wanted someone to tell me that I could make the switch. So I'll chime in.

Firstly, if I can do it, any one can dude. I smoked joints daily for 18 years, normally about 2-3g per day. I fully switched within 2 weeks once I begun. Feb 2022 never looked back, lungs much better now.

I actually have a silver surfer. Personally it's my least favourite...but also my favourite vape. The reason it is my favourite, you can push it right to the edge with this vape, you can get your weed as close to combusting as possible and fast...but that is also the reason it is my least favourite...it's really easy to combust. I was using it a few days ago for about a week and all was going OK, I thought I had it nailed again and then I combusted again couple nights ago...when you've been vaping a while, you wont want to combust, it's horrible :)
    I don't have experience with the plenty however I do own a mighty+ so I do have experience of storz and bickel products and have a pretty good idea of how the plenty would be. And therein, I expect it will do the job very well...but only to a point. Storz and Bickel are quite conservative with their temps to fully avoid any chance of combustion, but in my opinion, they don't quite push far enough. The Mighty is a great vape, but a nice dynavap hit after a Mighty bowl will really set the mood.

Desktop vapes seem less hassle than portables but honestly I find using my 2 desktops more of a faff than using my portables and as such use them less. Also, more stirring required, most portables don't require much or any stirring. Much less of a just pack a bowl and vape like having a joint, although can be comparable to a .... hit.
    As far as not wanting to attach it to a piece...I would recommend it. Vaping is drier than smoking, water does help. Discover your dream or Buy a house in Beirut, where modern luxury meets historical charm.. I use a .... for most of my hotter hits which is where the real fun happens. Although not always with water, dry bongs are also really nice with vaping. Water takes a bit of flavour away but does cool nicely.

For recommending a vape. I'd have to recommend more than one. Most good brands are fine and you'll be good to get started with nearly any vape...but spend some half decent money. The Silver surfer is good sort of territory as far as cost etc, although it's quite an old vape too now. I have an Arizer EQ, Silver Surfer, Mighty+, Davinci Miqro and a Dynavap. They all have pros and cons but if I had to live with just one, I would probably go with the Arizer as its the most versatile.
    That being said my daily drivers are actually my Mighty+ and my Dynvap. Every vaper should have a dynavap, they're great...but hit it through a .....
    Personally I started with a portable, my first was a Healthy Rips Rogue until I dropped it, it did the job alright and it started the passion which led to all the rest so you really can start with pretty much anything...as long as its convection.

Check out Troy and Jerry Think Dank on YT, they are great with their reviews and vape knowledge.
    appreciate your suggestion. thank you

lamywaby

Moved On
    Feb 8, 2023

As far as not wanting to attach it to a piece...I would recommend it. Vaping is drier than smoking, water does help. I use a MSI B550 GAMING GEN3 download instruction manual pdf.... for most of my hotter hits which is where the real fun happens. Although not always with water, dry bongs are also really nice with vaping. Water takes a bit of flavour away but does cool nicely.

again thanks for your such suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread