Vape taste like dish soap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintersoldier

Jul 19, 2021
hi I’m misty it’s nice to meet all of y’all so I have a question

So today I got some new juice today and put a little dish soap and hot water to clean out the oils from the old juice but now the after taste is a bit soapy will it wear out after a bit I rinse it well in waited five minutes before refilling I’m still new to vaping

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hi Misty. Welcome to ecf :thumbs:.

The only. time I use dish soap on an atomizer is when I first receive it to get rid of any machine oil that could be left after manufacturing. Dawn works best for me.

Any time after, I just use hot tap water. I suggest tearing it apart and rinsing it again. Might not hurt to use a toothbrush and some baking soda. But, really rinse the parts well; o-rings and everything.

Then what I'd do is get a q-tip and coat the o-rings with some of that new juice so they don't dry out.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The only dish soap I ever use to clean tanks is dollar store dish soap. It sucks for dishes but it's great for tanks. The good stuff, like Dawn, is to hard to rinse out thoroughly. If I use the good stuff, I can rinse for days ans still taste the soap. Dollar store dish soap rises out very well.

Soak in 50/50 water/white vinegar for a day then thoroughly rinse. That should take care of it. That or Vodka or even running alcohol maybe.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    hi I’m misty it’s nice to meet all of y’all so I have a question

So today I got some new juice today and put a little dish soap and hot water to clean out the oils from the old Juice but now the after taste is a bit soapy will it wear out after a bit I rinse it well in waited five minutes before refilling I’m still new to vaping
    Hi and welcome,
    Washing the tank is fine: DO NOT WASH YOUR COIL!
    Remove coil before washing.
    IMO, If you have washed your coil, replace it with a fresh unit.

Please post your location

Cheers
    I

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hi and welcome,
    Washing the tank is fine: DO NOT WASH YOUR COIL!
    Remove coil before washing.
    IMO, If you have washed your coil, replace it with a fresh unit.

Really? Crud, Izan. :oops:

Misty, don't use soap on your coil or wick.

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Assuming you use disposable coils and not a rebuildables atomzier....

I have heard of people cleaning coils to reuse them but they either leave them in warm water or they leave them into vodka but the procedure takes couple of days until they are cleaned and then totally dry....I never done it tho and I think u propably get like few days more or using the coil....

When I switch to another juice I dont clean or change my coil I just vape until the old juice flavour is gone and new juice start to taste....sometimes the transition is horrible tho lol..

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I have heard of people cleaning coils to reuse them but they either leave them in warm water or they leave them into vodka but the procedure takes couple of days until they are cleaned and then totally dry....I never done it tho and I think u propably get like few days more or using the coil....

That brings me back to the cartomizer days of old. We used to boil them in tap water, yes, tap water. I was ingenious enough to be able to wedge them into the grate of a box fan. By morning, they's be ready to use again (for maybe another half a tankful :().

Wintersoldier

Jul 19, 2021
    The only dish soap I ever use to clean tanks is dollar store dish soap. It sucks for dishes but it's great for tanks. The good stuff, like Dawn, is to hard to rinse out thoroughly. If I use the good stuff, I can rinse for days ans still taste the soap. Dollar store dish soap rises out very well.

Soak in 50/50 water/white vinegar for a day then thoroughly rinse. That should take care of it. That or Vodka or even running alcohol maybe.

Thank you I used dawn to clean it with which will describe why i rinsed four times in still taste the dish soap I’m hoping it passes soon or I might just go buy a new coil

Wintersoldier

Jul 19, 2021
    Assuming you use disposable coils and not a rebuildables atomzier....

When I switch to another juice I dont clean or change my coil I just vape until the old juice flavour is gone and new juice start to taste....sometimes the transition is horrible tho lol..

It was very unpleasant the juice I brought from a smoke shop was four months past the date on the bottle in went today in brought some juice from a vape shop but kept have the taste of the old one I guess never google something on how to get an old vape juice out of the tank happily I found this site to now ask questions like this

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thank you I used dawn to clean it with which will describe why i rinsed four times in still taste the dish soap I’m hoping it passes soon or I might just go buy a new coil

If you are saying that you cleaned a factory coil head with soap and water, never do that again. The cotton wick in the coil head will never be able to be totally rid of the soap. You can rinse it for 5 years and you will always have some chemicals from the soap in there. Throw it away and put in a new one.

I thought you meant you just cleaned the tank. Cleaning coil heads, especially with soap (even crappy dollar store soap), isn't ever going to work.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Store bought drop in coils are disposables, when one goes bad or taste off toss and replace. Some will say you can soak or rinse them for longer use but in my experience, no, toss and replace. Best to stock up on your coils too so you always have some in reserve, plus there is always a chance you will get a few bad ones in a batch. As many have said dish soap is very difficult to rinse out of tanks plus the smell seems to linger which translates into taste when you vape and you really don't want to be inhaling lingering soap residue. Remember anything you put in to your tank or coils is something you will be inhaling into your lungs when you vape from them.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    It was very unpleasant the juice I brought from a smoke shop was four months past the date on the bottle in went today in brought some juice from a vape shop but kept have the taste of the old one I guess never google something on how to get an old vape juice out of the tank happily I found this site to now ask questions like this

Welcome to e.c.f Bucky
    This is the best place to ask....people here know vaping very good :vapor:

Btw usually a juice even if it is expired doesn't mean u can't vape it or that is bad....ofc it's better to give it back to the shop that sold it but I want to say that even a fresh juice if it's exposed to high temperatures or it's left without the cap and is exposed into the air then the nicotine goes bad...
    The juices become darker and many people agree it has a peppery and bad taste...

Just saying in case u didn't knew

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio

The sell by dates on juice, I have no idea what they’re based on, but they seem a waste of time to me- I bet they only use them to sell off the older stock first. I make my own, and they may get weak or the flavor isn’t as good, but they don’t really spoil. Oxidation makes nic peppery and that can be unpleasant, but a lot of vape shop juice is just nasty from day one.

• Agree
    Reactions: Izan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread